Verified Expert in Engineering
Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Windows, Git, PhpStorm
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a SaaS application to promote collective intelligence by helping users to collect ideas, form options, and collectively decide on solutions.
Founder and Principal Web Developer
Magnetic Merchandising, Inc.
- Helped SMBs improve their general web presence and sell their products.
- Developed a number of applications on the Joomla platform.
- Designed and developed general and social media applications,.
- Gathered, analyzed, and planned for requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Spent a great deal of time consuming data from different sources and formats via API and web scraping.
- Selected, modified, and deployed the content management system for different projects.
- Owned general techops, including AWS consulting, Google Cloud Platform, and dedicated server environments managed via cPanel/WHM.
Development Lead and Consultant
- Restructured and implemented the company development workflow and protocol.
- Managed other developers, code reviews, sprint formulation, and direction.
- Implemented a project management system for the team.
- Refactored out found anti-pattern code implementations throughout the application.
- Implemented OOP and various design pattern to consolidate duplication and poorly written code.
- Implemented PHPUnit tests for refactored functionality to help preserve intent and application efficacy.
- Restructured and rewrote web HTML and API feed consumption application for betting odds and scores data acquisition.
- Supported all eCommerce functionality, including cart experience and payment provider implementation and maintenance.
- Re-wrote entire external communication package to allow for effective email (SendGrid), sms (Twilio), newsletter (Aweber) and iOS native push notifications management in one interface.
- Designed development workflow, code style guidance and policies.
- Implemented the project management framework and process.
- Formulated sprints and managed the development team.
- Performed code reviews via altered git workflow with pull requests.
- Served as principal technical architect of the entire system.
- Implemented edge-node entity relationship structure to manage access to application workflows.
Framework Documentation Consultant and Developer
- Contributed continuously to Nooku/Koowa API documentation.
- Wrote tutorials on how to use the framework.
- Contributed functionality to the framework.
- Wrote a number of blog posts announcing different features in the framework.
PHP Application Consultant
Incendant.com (via Toptal)
- Designed a new PHP API back-end for mobile device consumption.
- Designed and implemented new class/object structure to support many data associations.
- Created an administrative application for customer management and content access subscription.
- Created a management application for data being consumed by clients of the API.
- Migrated the entire offering from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.
- Worked with WebRTC to connect clients with consultants for face-to-face sessions.
Senior PHP Engineer
PulsePoint TM (via Toptal)
- Analyzed the current state of the overall application.
- Implemented and continually supported ongoing, large-scale SEO strategy.
- Added an improved configuration back-end to give site admins more control over the content.
- Utilized RAD framework against short- and long-term design and service offering goals.
- Implemented SOA to make maximum reuse of existing and new services.
ChapHealth: Medical Discount Marketplace Startup
Improved content loading times by 65%, through resource compilation, lazy loading, and restructuring advertising unit delivery. Facilitated the interface and wrote the API for access of Faniq.com content to Rumble.com for a social mobile application.
Built a complete photo management application for scrolling, commenting, and "liking" photos. Also built out new profile pages and content representation that aggregated data and social relationships.
JRumblr: Facebook for Joomla - Authentication, Registration, XFBML rendering and wall posting
The JFacebook for Joomla application has been purchased over one thousand (1000) times. I've helped and provided support to over 500 websites using this package.
Astronomers Without Borders
Ellesmere X-Ray Associates: External E-presence and Intranethttp://exr.ca
Naturus: Subscription Service for Futures Tradershttp://naturus.com
- Managing the transition from the last environment and the last development team
- Managing and prioritizing launch-related tasks
- General troubleshooting and bug fixing
- Planning for future growth and scaling
- Mobile camera application workup for iOS
This application is to help users from all sectors to collectively come up with ideas, group those ideas into options, and finally collectively assess those ideas through an exercise called paired comparison.
It's a full SaaS implementation where users have their own dashboard to hold their issues, questions, and the engagements that they run with their audience. There are a number of graphical and logic tools to help assess the results, and help guide the user through the process.
Its technology stack is LAMP, with Joomla! 3.x and Koowa Rapid Application Framework.
Formtools - Custom Form Building Package
The component also needed to provide scoring based on exercise completion, answers given, and percentage completion.
There also needed to be customizable feedback for each multiple-choice question.
This PHP application makes heavy use of the Formbuilder.js library to let the administrator build out the Tools (forms) by dragging and dropping the form elements into place.
PHP MVC, iLance Auction Framework, Nooku, PHPUnit, Gantry Template Framework, Laravel, Laravel 5, Bootstrap, Zoo Application Framework, Zend Expressive, Symfony
Joomla 3, Joomla, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ubuntu, cPanel, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon EC2, Docker, Shopify, LAMP, Windows, Linux, MacOS, AWS Elastic Beanstalk
Content Management Systems (CMS), eCommerce APIs, Web Host Manager (WHM), CTO, Technical Leadership, Architecture, Product Strategy, Fantasy Sports, Fantasy & Daily Fantasy Sports Platforms, Web Scraping, Performance, eCommerce, Apple Pay, System Architecture
REST APIs, Backbone.js, jQuery, Facebook API, MooTools, PayPal API, Authorize.net, Google Analytics Measurement API, Node.js, Google Maps, Twitter API, Facebook Open Graph API, Twilio API, Infusionsoft API
Composer, PhpStorm, Jira, Git, Eclipse IDE, GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, Vagrant, Provisioning Tools, Apple Push Notifications, Apache, Jekyll, NGINX, Subversion (SVN), Apache Ant, AWS ELB, AWeber, Bitbucket
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST, Design Patterns, Agile Software Development
MySQL, Redis, Phinx
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Carleton University - Ottawa, ON, Canada