Founder and Principal Web Developer2005 - PRESENTMagnetic Merchandising, Inc.
Technologies: LAMP, jQuery, MooTools, Bootstrap, Joomla, Nooku RDF, Zoo Application Framework
- Helped SMBs improve their general web presence.
- Developed on the Joomla platform.
- Designed and developed general applications.
- Developed social media apps.
- Gathered, analyzed, and planned requirements.
- Conducted API review and implementation.
- Selected, modified, and deployed the content management system.
- Oversaw SEO, SEM, and Google Analytics.
- Provided service and customer support.
- Set up and supported the hosting service.
Development Lead and Consultant2016 - 2020Sportscapping.com
Technologies: Jira, Bitbucket (Git), Joomla 2.5, Phinx, MySQL, Apache, Linux, Bash
- Restructured and implemented the company development workflow and protocol.
- Manage other developers, code reviews, sprint formulation and direction.
- Implemented a project management system for the team.
- Refactored out found anti-pattern code implementations throughout the application.
- Implemented OOP and various design pattern to consolidate duplication and poorly written code.
- Implemented PHPUnit tests for refactored functionality to help preserve intent and application efficacy.
- Restructured and rewrote web HTML and API feed consumption application for betting odds and scores data acquisition.
- Supported all e-commerce functionality, including cart experience and payment provider implementation and maintenance.
Technical Director2013 - 2016GreatWork/EntryMark
Technologies: Joomla, Nooku RAD, Bitbucket, Jira, LAMP
- Designed development workflow and policies.
- Implemented the project management framework.
- Formulated sprints and managed the development team.
- Performed code reviews via pull requests.
- Served as principal technical architect of the entire system.
Framework Documentation Consultant and Developer2014 - 2015Timble/Joomlatools
Technologies: Gitbook, Node.js, Jekyll, Joomla, Nooku RAD
- Contributed continuously to Nooku/Koowa API documentation.
- Wrote tutorials on how to use the framework.
- Contributed functionality to the framework.
- Wrote a number of blog posts announcing different features in the framework.
PHP Application Consultant2014 - 2014Incendant.com (via Toptal)
Technologies: Joomla, PHP 5, Nooku, MySQL
- Designed a new API for mobile device consumption.
- Designed and implemented new class/object structure to support many data associations.
- Created an administrative application for customer management and content access subscription.
- Created a management application for data being consumed by clients of the API.
- Migrated the entire offering from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.
Senior PHP Engineer2013 - 2014PulsePoint TM (via Toptal)
- Analyzed the current state of the overall application.
- Implemented and continually supported ongoing, large-scale SEO strategy.
- Added an improved configuration back-end to give site admins more control over the content.
- Utilized RAD framework against short- and long-term design and service offering goals.
- Implemented SOA to make maximum reuse of existing and new services.