Founder and Principal Web Developer2005 - PRESENTMagnetic Merchandising, Inc.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Zoo Application Framework, RDF, Nooku, Joomla, Bootstrap, MooTools, jQuery, LAMP
- Helped SMBs improve their general web presence and sell their products.
- Developed a number of applications on the Joomla platform.
- Designed and developed general and social media applications,.
- Gathered, analyzed, and planned for requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Spent a great deal of time consuming data from different sources and formats via API and web scraping.
- Selected, modified, and deployed the content management system for different projects.
- Owned general techops, including AWS consulting, Google Cloud Platform, and dedicated server environments managed via cPanel/WHM.
Development Lead and Consultant2016 - 2020Sportscapping.com
Technologies: Bash, Linux, Apache, MySQL, Phinx, Joomla, Bitbucket, Git, Jira
- Restructured and implemented the company development workflow and protocol.
- Managed other developers, code reviews, sprint formulation, and direction.
- Implemented a project management system for the team.
- Refactored out found anti-pattern code implementations throughout the application.
- Implemented OOP and various design pattern to consolidate duplication and poorly written code.
- Implemented PHPUnit tests for refactored functionality to help preserve intent and application efficacy.
- Restructured and rewrote web HTML and API feed consumption application for betting odds and scores data acquisition.
- Supported all eCommerce functionality, including cart experience and payment provider implementation and maintenance.
- Re-wrote entire external communication package to allow for effective email (SendGrid), sms (Twilio), newsletter (Aweber) and iOS native push notifications management in one interface.
Technical Director2013 - 2016GreatWork/EntryMark
Technologies: LAMP, Jira, Bitbucket, Nooku, Joomla
- Designed development workflow, code style guidance and policies.
- Implemented the project management framework and process.
- Formulated sprints and managed the development team.
- Performed code reviews via altered git workflow with pull requests.
- Served as principal technical architect of the entire system.
- Implemented edge-node entity relationship structure to manage access to application workflows.
Framework Documentation Consultant and Developer2014 - 2015Timble/Joomlatools
Technologies: Nooku, Joomla, Jekyll, Node.js
- Contributed continuously to Nooku/Koowa API documentation.
- Wrote tutorials on how to use the framework.
- Contributed functionality to the framework.
- Wrote a number of blog posts announcing different features in the framework.
PHP Application Consultant2014 - 2014Incendant.com (via Toptal)
Technologies: MySQL, Nooku, PHP 5, Joomla
- Designed a new PHP API back-end for mobile device consumption.
- Designed and implemented new class/object structure to support many data associations.
- Created an administrative application for customer management and content access subscription.
- Created a management application for data being consumed by clients of the API.
- Migrated the entire offering from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.
- Worked with WebRTC to connect clients with consultants for face-to-face sessions.
Senior PHP Engineer2013 - 2014PulsePoint TM (via Toptal)
- Analyzed the current state of the overall application.
- Implemented and continually supported ongoing, large-scale SEO strategy.
- Added an improved configuration back-end to give site admins more control over the content.
- Utilized RAD framework against short- and long-term design and service offering goals.
- Implemented SOA to make maximum reuse of existing and new services.