Staff Engineer2011 - PRESENTLife360, Inc.
- Worked closely with design and product teams.
- Handled the mobile location architecture.
- Architected major development initiatives.
- Kept the iOS team aligned with the company's feature work.
- Established best design patterns across the team.
- Worked in all areas of the app, including onboarding, location, map, systems, and subscriptions.
- Helped define and improve the complete app cycle.
- Optimized background processes and helped improve app launch times.
- Built new features using Swift.
- Worked on several different iOS apps from idea to shipping.
- Used RxSwift and created well-defined data streams.
- Created Node.js services that run on Kubernetes.
Lead Engineer2018 - 2020Funwatch
Technologies: Single Sign-on (SSO), Apple, PostgreSQL, Heroku, Scala, UIKit, Swift, iOS
- Built an iOS app entirely in Swift, using RxSwift and Realm. The app connects to the TMDb API, and shows the user a feed of current movies and TV shows. You can sign in using Apple or Facebook SSO. The app has a follower system, similar to Twitter. Complete with search and recommendations.
- Built a REST API in Scala using Akka. The API was deployed on Heroku. The database it uses is PostgreSQL.
- Helped defining the architecture, from idea to App Store release.
Senior Developer2009 - 2011Software Factory, LLC
Technologies: Xcode, CocoaTouch, Objective-C, iOS
- Designed and developed games for mobile platforms, including iPhone and iPad.
Senior Developer2004 - 2009IntegraSoft
Technologies: ASP.NET, CSS, HTML, Oracle, SQL, .NET
- Designed and developed applications for a broad array of customers within the construction, tobacco, and apparel industries.
- Worked as lead developer (heading up teams of 5 to 10) on a host of projects.