Carlos E. Hernández Perez
Verified Expert in Engineering
Carlos is a passionate and detail-oriented developer. Over the years, he has developed applications of all types and complexities in different capacities and responsibilities as a lead engineer or senior member of the team. Recently, he's been working at Life360 as an iOS lead engineer, giving peace of mind to millions of families worldwide.
The most amazing...
...app I've built is Life360 Family Locator, which helps families keep connected.
Senior Staff Engineer
- Worked closely with design, product, and engineering teams to create world-class solutions for our users.
- Architected our location solution to track individual devices precisely using onboard sensors from users' devices.
- Provided guidance and managed our iOS Team for multiple years.
- Kept the iOS team aligned with the company's feature work.
- Established best design patterns across various teams.
- Worked in all areas of the app, including onboarding, location, map, systems, and subscriptions.
- Helped define and improve the complete app cycle, not only during foreground use but also during background launches.
- Optimized background processes and helped improve app launch times.
- Built new features using Swift and migrated the majority of our ObjC code to Swift.
- Worked on several different iOS apps from ideation to shipping.
- Built an iOS app entirely in Swift, using RxSwift and Realm. The app connects to the TMDb API, and shows the user a feed of current movies and TV shows. You can sign in using Apple or Facebook SSO. The app has a follower system, similar to Twitter. Complete with search and recommendations.
- Built a REST API in Scala using Akka. The API was deployed on Heroku. The database it uses is PostgreSQL.
- Helped defining the architecture, from idea to App Store release.
Software Factory, LLC
- Designed and developed games for mobile platforms, including iPhone and iPad.
- Designed and developed applications for a broad array of customers within the construction, tobacco, and apparel industries.
- Worked as lead developer (heading up teams of 5 to 10) on a host of projects.
Lead iOS Engineer, Life360, Inc.
Use Life360 to:
* Give peace of mind to families around the globe
* Create discreet circles for the important people in your life
* Share your location with who you want, when you want
* Get automatic notifications when friends and family arrive at favorite places
* Communicate one-to-one or to an entire group with free in-app messaging
Paratroopers: Air Assault HD
Advanced Level & Inclinometer: TiltMeter
Cerveza Port Royal
Alexa AI Coach Project for a Well-snown University in Southern California
Life360 App Alexa Skill
UIKit, iOS SDK, MapKit, Core Data, Core Location, Core Motion, StoreKit, Cocoa Touch, Serverless Framework, XCTest, iOS SceneKit, .NET, ASP.NET
CocoaPods, REST APIs, SpriteKit, Facebook SDK, Core Graphics, Node.js
Auto Layout, Git, Apple Push Notifications, Xcode
Design Patterns, Functional Programming, Agile Software Development, Serverless Architecture
Amazon Alexa, iOS, Firebase, AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Oracle, MacOS, Heroku, Apple, Apache2
Carthage, Networking, Mobile Apps, APIs, Lambda Functions, Single Sign-on (SSO)
MySQL, Amazon DynamoDB, PostgreSQL
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Universidad Tecnologica Centroamericana - Unitec - San Pedro Sula, Honduras