Verified Expert in Engineering
Carlos is fanatic about Internet and communication technologies and finding ways to help people solve daily problems. He has a host of experience building web and Android applications, and always aims to deliver the best possible user experience.
Git, Subversion (SVN), Java, Eclipse, PHP, NetBeans, Sublime Text, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on is Gameloft mobile sites that processed thousands of transactions per minute, handling tremendous amounts of cash daily.
- Implemented the business logic through APIs used by the browser extension and the front end.
- Developed integrations with other services like merchant networks content providers, analytics, and fraud detection services.
InstallerTech, Co. (via Toptal)
- Developed and maintained billing carts for multiple Windows applications that manage thousands of transactions a day.
- Developed and maintained a call center communication system to route customers calls to different call centers using Twilio and Plivo platforms.
- Built a reports system to get information and statistics with Google Charts and D3.js.
Full-stack LAMP and WordPress Developer
- Developed and maintained a number of WordPress, CodeIgniter, and Laravel sites.
WordPress and API integration Developer
All Inclusive Vacations, Co.
- Built a WordPress site, integrated with Apple Vacations REST API to book flights, hotels, and services.
Rand McNally (via Toptal)
- Implemented Fabric.js drawing tools over Mapbox application.
Microfinance Transparency (via Toptal)
- Supervised system architecture and development activities for MFTransparency’s WordPress site.
- Implemented multiple analysis graphs with Google Charts and D3.js library.
- Implemented multi-language support.
WordPress/PHP Real Estate Website Developer
Chawla Group (via Toptal)
- Developed front-end and back-end features for a real estate promotion website in WordPress.
- Implemented W3 Total Cache, Yoast WordPress SEO, and Better WP Security plugins.
Web, Android Developer
- Developed and implemented various minimal viable products (MVPs) as member of Solvehub, Inc. startup.
- Integrated completely with Facebook and Twitter, including such features as SSO, sharing, automatic posting, connecting with friends, etc.
- Developed an Android app (justpicone.com) in native Java with the Android development kit. Said app was also integrated with Facebook (signup/login, friending, sharing).
- Built and maintained LAMP web server on Amazon AWS with a fault-tolerant architecture.
- Implemented different web portals and web applications.
- Worked with different frameworks and CMSs, mainly Code Igniter, OpenCart and WordPress.
- Facilitated promotion through SEO, social media marketing, email marketing, and Google Adwords.
- Implemented different payment methods like SMS, credit card, PayPal, and more.
- Finished and implemented a web application to generate reports and statistics based on information generated by a system managing public transportation, with features such as scheduling and billing.
eCommerce Team Leader, Producer
- Entered the company as Mobile and Web Developer before being promoted to Team Leader and Producer.
- Led a group of eight developers as Team Leader.
- Handled all tasks related to team management, such as monitoring the execution of work, assigning projects, and following them through until delivery date.
- Analyzed technical feasibility and estimation of deadlines.
- Supervised projects from a technical standpoint, revised them, and provided support both to developers and to the producer in charge of the communication on the business side.
- Led communication with the business team as Producer.
- Managed all of the eCommerce team, including the Quality Assurance area.
- Developed new web and WAP sites.
- Promoted new games and offers.
- Integrated with mobile billing services.
Fabric JS over Mapbox implementation
Pricing data platform of Microfinance Transparencyhttp://www.mftransparency.org/microfinance-pricing/
Real Estate promotion website
Justpicone Android app
Angular, Bootstrap, Laravel, AngularJS, Android SDK, CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Yii 2
jQuery, D3.js, Vue 2, Android API, Facebook API, Twitter API, Leaflet, Fabric, Stripe, Plivo, Google Chart API
Subversion (SVN), Git, Xdebug, Eclipse IDE, Adobe Photoshop, Inkscape, Fireworks, Sublime Text
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Functional Programming, Procedural Programming, Agile Software Development, Scrum
NetBeans, Linux, WordPress, OpenCart, MacOS, Windows, Android, Mapbox, Eclipse, Twilio, RevenueWire, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Oracle
MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
GitFlow, Friendster, Wireless Application Protocol (WAP), Linux Servers, Google SEO, Ajax, Facebook, RESTful Services, eCommerce, Online Payments
Systems Engineer Degree in Software Engineering
Universidad Tecnológica Nacional - Santa Fe, Argentina