Verified Expert in Engineering
Carlos is a web developer with over ten years of experience developing websites and building web applications with PHP. He has a keen eye for detail and performance optimizations and is constantly looking for new ways to improve development for faster and better applications.
The most amazing...
...service I've built was a display ad server with capacity to serve millions of requests per hour.
Owner | Developer
- Developed custom websites and web applications with a team of up to five.
- Managed Google Adwords campaigns and performed search engine optimization (SEO).
- Provided systems administration of the bare metal machines for web hosting.
- Oversaw the team of contract developers on many projects. Designed and architected the products.
Toon Boom Animation Inc.
- Consulted on developing a new online store, using Laravel, integrated with licensing, payment, CRM, and SAML authentication systems.
- Implemented unit tests using PHPUnit, best practices following PSR standards, automated coding style corrections, and automated testing, using Github Actions.
- Built an AWS CDK proof of concept and webhooks using AWS Lambdas and RDS.
- Developed many scripts to help with daily maintenance of the system and integration.
- Used Laravel Blade, SAML authentication, Salesforce, Recurly, GitHub Actions, AWS, ECS, ELB, Lambda, and markdown documentation.
- Maintained a web application's front-end and back-end. Developed and deployed multiple new features and improvements while pushing application bug fixes. Built APIs with Laravel and Lumen.
- Maintained the AWS services and resources, EC2, RDS, CloudWatch, among others. Supported the CI and CD environment.
- Oversaw the specification and implementation of new features.
- Executed the AWS architecture and implementation.
- Designed new validation checks on the app.
- Worked on the implementation of a new validation system based on Selenium.
- Built a RESTful API to communicate between the different services.
- Implemented new features on the front-end application.
- Implemented a caching system.
- Led a team of four developers, decided on the architecture and design of the platforms and technologies to use.
- Designed and implemented the back-end architecture of the ad server.
- Developed a RESTful API to communicate with the front-end.
- Designed and implemented the aggregation framework for statistical analysis and display using MapReduce.
- Worked on the front-end, based on jQuery, and enabled it to retrieve data from the RESTful API.
- Developed a job portal in Symfony: ITJobs.pt.
- Created a crawler and used car search engine for multiple countries: USAuto.pt.
Laravel, Symfony, Redux, Selenium, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), PHPUnit, Lumen
Sphinx Search Engine, Memcached, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis
REST APIs, jQuery, PayPal API, React, Apache Lucene, ReactPHP, Salesforce API
Sublime Text 3, Apache, NGINX, Git, Composer, Bitbucket, Varnish, Chrome Developer Tools, Docker Compose, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Recurly, GitHub
REST, REST API Architecture, RESTful Development
Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Linux, Docker, AWS Lambda
APIs, HAProxy, Payment Gateways, CTO, Remote Team Leadership, Blade, AWS Cloud Development, Amazon RDS, GitHub Actions, Code Coverage, CI/CD Pipelines