Software Engineer2021 - PRESENTMicrosoft
- Designed a UI for a collection pane on the Microsoft Edge browser for users to add collections of media pages, such as web pages, videos, and images.
- Monitored and fixed accessibility issues on Bing's "My saves," making the website generally more accessible.
- Designed rigorous unit, integration, and visual parity tests to ensure changes would not break in the future.
- Provided detailed documentation of the new Microsoft Edge collection pane design so someone unfamiliar with the project could quickly ramp it up.
Internal Contest Tester2021 - 2022LeetCode
Technologies: Java, Python, Data Structures, Algorithms
- Tested coding questions used in a weekly and bi-weekly contest rigorously to ensure that they were accurate and met the expected standard.
- Reviewed problem descriptions and ensured they were worded correctly, clearly, concisely, and that they did not contain ambiguities.
- Ensured that edge test cases were covered and efficient solutions were selected over less efficient or accurate ones.
Full-stack Developer2019 - 2021Aviva
- Built and modified the company’s website features, yielding a significant increase in online premium sales.
- Optimized code structure and service workflows to ensure fast page load time.
- Participated in planning, developing, deployment, documentation, and the entire web application flow.
- Designed a browser extension to automate navigating the website for faster development and manual testing.
Research Assistant2018 - 2019The University of British Columbia
Technologies: MATLAB, Python, Machine Learning, Data Engineering
- Converted images from MRI scan to formats used for analysis and extracted data needed.
- Extracted useful data from questionnaires filled by patients converting the data to valuable formats for processing.
- Performed statistical analysis and built machine learning models to correlate childhood experiences with patterns observed in the MRI scans of corresponding patients.