Founder2020 - PRESENTBidbuzz.io
- Managed a team of three developers to coordinate the development of a mobile app, serverless back end, and data analysis functionality. I managed the backlog and task prioritization to ensure that features were delivered on time and within budget.
- Architected and developed a scalable lambda-function based back-end system that minimized costs while scaling to handle peak traffic loads.
- Focused on reusing existing technologies including AWS Amplify and Segment.com to avoid reinventing the wheel for common functions.
- Designed the wireframes and full-fidelity mockups in Adobe XD, that were then provided to the front-end team.
- Supervised a junior React/Redux developer to ensure that the UI was implemented cleanly and efficiently, with a focus on performance and Redux best practises.
- Planned the data strategy to ensure that all key end-user activities are recorded and can be used to optimize purchases conversion and feature prioritization.
Freelance Developer2018 - PRESENTToptal Clients
- Worked with Toptal clients to implement high-fidelity mockups into functioning React applications.
- Identified issue root-causes and avoided technical debt through full-stack troubleshooting.
- Provided informed opinions and guidance in various architectural decisions, at the clients' request.
- Worked remotely with professional, frequent, and open communication.
Digital Strategy Architect2013 - PRESENTDobson Partners
- Became a Google partner certified to resell Google Workspace (formerly Google Apps/G Suite) products for business.
- Developed websites and online presence for clients using the Squarespace CMS platform.
- Created custom software for clients, including an event registration application for a charity supporting 800 guests across ten organizations.
- Worked with multiple nonprofits for consolidating and modernizing their online presence through a managed services agreement.
- Worked with a leading Toronto private school to redevelop their library's internal web presence and make academic research and the school's resources more accessible to students.
- Implemented and managed data-driven analytics and optimizations for over a dozen clients.
Enterprise Director of Engineering2019 - 2020Toptal (Core Team Member)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, Google BigQuery, Google Data Studio, AWS, Full-stack
- Worked directly with some of the world's largest enterprises, including several fortune 500 companies. I was the expert responsible for identifying the key requirements of a job and then selecting the best developer from Toptal's pool of experts.
- Developed a very wide understanding of key technology trends in enterprise, across application development, DevOps, high availability, large-scale computing, machine learning, and other challenges in large companies.
- Developed a model of talent rate distribution over skills, time, and global geography to help guide/support the matchers' growth and the sales team's understanding regarding best-supported skills, supporting Toptal's best opportunities for growth.
- Worked with our cloud partnerships team to educate the sales team about various cloud functionality (with a focus on AWS) and helped to promote industry-standard certifications within the Toptal talent pool.
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)2017 - 2018Operant.ai
- Worked with enterprise clients to establish business requirements and functionality with many stakeholders.
- Created an end-to-end data ingest processing pipeline.
- Made end-user-specific insights available over a UI and API.
- Designed, developed, and deployed a React and TypeScript user interface.
- Mentored a direct-report data scientist in React-based user interface development and scalable Node.js applications.
Founder2016 - 2018Real Deal CRM
- Worked with end users to identify their business and workflow goals.
- Planned and scheduled a medium-scale project with conflicting goals and priorities.
- Developed a SQL database schema that supports object version to track changes across CRM revisions.
- Developed a React-based spreadsheet-like browser interface for inputting and tracking customers.
- Implemented a team roll-up permission structure so that team leaders can see and edit all user's data in one place but the individuals only have access to their respective data.