Principal Engineer2015 - PRESENTIndico Data Solutions
Technologies: TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy, Tornado, Python, Google Compute Engine (GCE), Azure Cloud Services, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, NumPy, Data Scraping, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Async/Await, Distributed Systems, Containerization
- Designed and integrated new technologies into an incredibly large and complex microservices infrastructure.
- Mentored multiple teams of engineers and guided them in the design and development of features.
- Built, maintained, and deployed back-end services for data visualization tools, data analysis, and custom machine learning model training tools (Indico's Crowdlabel).
- Developed, maintained, and deployed a machine learning API server with several gigabytes of machine learning models behind the scenes.
- Constructed in-house deployment utilities for AWS, Azure Cloud, and Google Compute Engine capable of spinning up several clusters of API workers with a simple script.
- Created a scheduling service that extracts information via scraping an API from several online mediums, performs a series of text analyses (keywords, topics, text features, sentiment, and more), and continuously builds a text corpus.
- Set up continuous integration on all projects using Docker, Docker Compose, and CodeShip (Jet).
- Improved large data ETL and database transactions by optimizing speed and memory consumption.
- Managed the infrastructure in Kubernetes and deployed a series of Celery pipelines woven together with a Redis-result store and a RabbitMQ cluster broker.
SDK Engineer2022 - 2022Metalenz
Technologies: React, Python 3, Poetry, SDKs, APIs, PyQt 5, HTTP Server, Python Asyncio, PostgreSQL, FastAPI, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Async/Await, Containerization
- Built Python API for camera hardware and calibration processes.
- Helped integrate camera hardware into desktop GUI application, using PyQT5 and the API I developed.
- Built the user portal back end and front end on FastAPI, SQLAlchemy, and React to provide authenticated file access to users.
SQLAlchemy Consultant2020 - 2021JEFuller
Technologies: Python 3, SQLAlchemy, Docker, Python, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Async/Await, Containerization
- Served as a database consultant on how to improve the database structure and database queries.
- Performed a high-level audit of an existing system and created a low-to-high priority action items report.
- Assisted in debugging nondeterministic behavior with database connection management. Refactored the codebase to have cleaner and more reliable database connection logic.
Software Developer2019 - 2020TargetSmart
Technologies: Pandas, AWS Lambda, Python, SQLAlchemy, Docker, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Async/Await, Containerization
- Developed TargetSmart APIs on AWS Lambda. Maintained, modified, and tested APIs as necessary.
- Queried database information from an AWS Aurora SQL database.
- Developed auto-example API generation for client-facing documentation.
- Supported the updating and adding documentation to new APIs.
Python Developer2018 - 2020Ontic
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Redis, Python, Docker, NumPy, Data Scraping, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Async/Await, Containerization
- Interfaced with several crypto-exchange APIs like KuCoin, Binance, Bittrex, Bitfinex, OKEx, Poloniex, Huobi, and CCXT.
- Used REST APIs and WebSocket APIs to acquire data in real time.
- Saved time-sensitive data into a Redis database and enabled database clients to retrieve data through a simple interface.
- Developed async IO implementations for asynchronous operations.
- Used cfscrape (a Python library) to bypass a Cloudflare anti-bot page.
Python and Facebook API | Developer2018 - 2019Lerderian, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Facebook Open Graph API, RedBeat, Docker, Celery, Python 3, SQLAlchemy, Python, Data Scraping, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Async/Await, Distributed Systems
- Created a series of recurring data ETL tasks for API data from Facebook and Instagram.
- Developed an image downloader and vectorizer and stored the data in PostgreSQL for future use in image analysis.
- Built an HTTP Server to trigger ETL tasks, synced Facebook accounts through OAuth 2, and performed analysis tasks on data.
- Created a database schema that allows for plug-and-play data ETL types from different API endpoints.
- Developed a sophisticated command-line tool to interface with an aiohttp server.
Software Developer2018 - 2018Seven Hills
Technologies: Google Sheets API, Selenium, Docker, Python, Data Scraping, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Async/Await
- Handled the ingressing and processing of Google Sheet data via the Google API.
- Designed an interface for Windows executable to run browser automation and data collection.
- Automated the Windows COM API for a desktop application.
Software Developer2018 - 2018IDEA Public Schools
Technologies: COM, Microsoft, Selenium, Docker, Python, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
- Automated scraping data from web portal.
- Queried MS SQL database across multiple tables for aggregate and time-series information.
- Generated multi-sheet Excel workbooks with formatting and formulas.
- Automated weekly/monthly report generation using a Windows scheduler.
Android Developer Intern2014 - 2015Hangtime, Inc.
Technologies: Content, Responsive, Google API, Facebook API, Google Maps API, Android SDK, Android Studio, Docker, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
- Used LruCache and preloading to create smooth scrolling and fragment transitions.
- Built generalized adapters to use the same item caching and loading techniques across the application—decreasing the amount of additional logic and maintenance in the codebase.
- Created custom animations for spinners, loading screens, and sliding notifications and banners.
- Implemented a variety of intents for deep linking, third-party activity linking (camera, SMS, email, and other social media apps).
- Reduced the source code to less than half of the original while adding twice the amount of features—bringing the product to feature completeness.