Verified Expert in Engineering
Cloud Architect and Developer
Chris is a seasoned developer with two decades of expertise in technical program management, solution architecture and delivery, and cloud operational support. He has worked for various clients, including Capital One, Nationwide, Sallie Mae, Discover, and Synchrony Financial. Customer obsession and integrity are the cornerstones of Chris' work.
Windows 10, Office 365, Visio, Microsoft Project, Google Workspace, Gmail, HIPAA Compliance, HIPAA Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Windows System Administration
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on involved migrating nine banks from an older platform into six on a newer one, in three phases, maintaining 100% business availability.
GeneDx, LLC - Information Security
- Performed discovery on the current email environment and configuration for GeneDX. Mapped the original path of mail flow for incoming and outgoing emails.
- Created a migration plan to change the path of mail flow for GeneDX. This was done collaboratively with the client and other involved parties.
- Executed the migration plan successfully ahead of schedule and with no issues for GeneDX. This work was completed ahead of schedule and below budget.
Senior Technical Account Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Supported one of AWS's top five customers as a technical advisor to the organization and the voice of the customer from a managed services and support perspective.
- Led a process improvement initiative to optimize the customer's ticketing system for all AWS services.
- Contributed to the roll-out of a new AWS service at one of the largest AWS clients in the world.
- Managed the end-of-life process across dozens of AWS services for the customer.
Enterprise Deployment Manager
- Managed migration to hybrid cloud solutions by working directly with large customers such as GE, Nationwide, Sallie Mae, Wells Fargo, Discover Financial, and Synchrony Financial.
- Directed technical resources along with sales teams, system integrators, consulting firms, and lines of business to deliver software environments on time and with quality for the most complex solutions.
- Established the deployment manager role, enterprise scope, repeatable processes, and supporting tools, enabling teams to implement solutions with over 50 products and go-lives averaging one deployment issue per engagement.
- Managed technical resources along with sales teams, system integrators, consulting firms, and lines of business to deliver software environments on time and with quality for the most complex solutions.
- Communicated the architecture, compelling insight, and complex technical concepts to a wide range of audiences including C-suite.
- Led collaborative troubleshooting efforts on highest-level technical issues.
- Headed process development and process improvement initiatives.
- Designed and delivered banking software solutions for the Signature unit of Fiserv.
- Coordinated the deployment of multiple products, managed interdependencies, and granted on-time delivery.
- Provided consulting services and capacity planning on disaster recovery, Windows Clustering, IIS, and SQL.
Client Server Design Engineer
- Created repeatable designs, processes, and configurations to implement banking software products for customers in the billion-dollar banking space.
- Managed multiple simultaneous deployments in various stages of implementation.
- Designed database solutions that served multiple products.
- Collaborated with developers to identify and solve software defects and deliver fixes.
- Performed final QA testing of new products and product updates.
- Implemented a network monitoring system and measurably increased uptime and accountability.
Senior Systems Engineer
CNL Shared Services
- Supported, working as a senior IT systems engineer, a commercial real estate business during its growth from 400 to 1,200 employees.
- Planned, led, and executed email migration from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Exchange Server for 500 users.
- Wrote and validated the corporate disaster recovery technical plan.
- Implemented network monitoring system for Solaris, NetWare, Windows servers, storage volumes, event logging, and SMTP, HTTPS, DNS, DHCP, and SNMP services.
- Managed and documented Raptor and Check Point firewalls.
- Achieved highest uptime ratings amongst all system engineers.
Multi-bank Migration for a 25 Billion Financial Institution
The migration was done in three phases while maintaining 100% business availability. I designed the solution and a detailed plan covering all tasks across all project teams. This included systems and solutions that interfaced with all banks in real time during all phases. It was the most complex engagement in the corporation's history.
In this engagement, I built a consensus across different teams with different priorities, used my skills and expertise in project and program management, designed a solution that included one-to-many and many-to-one relationships with the various components making up the solution, and identified the key risks on which we needed to stay focused on.
It lasted two years, and the clients were extremely satisfied with the results.
Visio, Microsoft Project, MS Exchange, Microsoft Exchange, AWS ELB, AWS CLI, AWS IAM, VMware, Microsoft Exchange Online
Windows 10, IIS, Education, IT Project Management, Technical Program Management, Technical Project Management, System Administration, Infrastructure, IT Infrastructure, Email, SMTP, Google Workspace, Solution Architecture, AWS Certified Solution Architect, Cloud Architecture, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Web Services, IP Networks, Collaboration, Gmail, AWS Cloud Architecture, Documentation, IT Support, Remote Support, MSMQ, Windows System Administration, SaaS, Networking, Office 365, Solution Design, Windows Server 2000, DNS Servers, Training, Communication, Reporting, DNS, Web Server (IIS), API Gateways, Payment Gateways, Network Load Balancing (NLB), Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Web Applications, Firewalls, Oracle Managed File Transfer (MFT), Amazon RDS, HIPAA Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Cloud Infrastructure, DMARC, Cloud Security, Web Security
Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, AWS NLB, Windows Server, Windows, Windows XP, Solaris, Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Banking & Finance, Cybersecurity
On-premise, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Databases, Azure Active Directory
Web Architecture, Web Application Architecture, Cross-platform, HIPAA Compliance
Bachelor's Degree in Education
University of Central Florida - Orlando, FL, USA
AWS Certified Security - Specialty
Amazon Web Services Training and Certification
Google Cloud Certified Cloud Digital Leader
Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
AWS Certified Developer – Associate
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Amazon Web Services
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Microsoft Certified Professional