Laboratory Director Assistant2010 - 2016Genetics Center
Technologies: MiSeq, Simatic S5, Proton Native, PGM, Microsoft Excel, R, Perl
- Developed and performed clinical genetic diagnostic laboratory tests.
- Implemented and maintained data analysis pipelines.
- Implemented application specific software in a clinical setting.
- Developed new scripts as well as SQL and HTML interfaces for additional functionality.
- Performed data analysis using Perl, R, and Excel.
- Implemented microarray CGH assays for pre- and post-natal diagnosis.
- Developed custom microarray designs for detection of clinically relevant loss of heterozygosity and exon-level deletions and duplications.
- Developed a custom bait and capture kit for the 104 gene panel.
- Implemented DNA sequencing assays using ABI 310, 3130xl, Illumina MiSeq, Ion Torrent PGM, Ion Proton, and Ion S5 instruments.
- Developed quantitative PCR assays with Taqman and SYBR green methods (using a Roche Lightcycler 480 II instrument).
- Developed fragment analysis for repeat-expansion disorders.
- Implemented assays using MLPA, qPCR, RFLP, and Multiplex PCR.
Assistant Research Scientist2008 - 2010California Institute of Technology
- Designed and led the gravity coring and SCUBA sampling expeditions in the hyper-saline, hyper-alkaline, high-altitude Mono Lake.
- Extracted DNA from environmental samples then amplified, cloned, and sequenced.
- Performed phylogenetic analyses with Phylip and ARB.
- Analyzed samples with low temperature magnetometry and electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy.
- Assisted with isolation of proteins for controlled magnetite precipitation, directed precipitation experiments and analysis.
- Provided samples, strains, reagents and instruction to other researchers using magnetotactic bacteria.