Verified Expert in Engineering
Colin is a staff-level engineer and engineering manager with a decade of experience spearheading product development and two additional years of managing people. He specializes in high-value React and React Native consulting and serverless architectures. Colin is confident in several back-end languages and frameworks, including Node.js, Ruby, and Python. This expertise enables him to create resilient and high-performing API back ends, catering to both the clients and applications they serve.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS
The most amazing...
...work experience I've had was leading a microfrontends architecture transformation for multiple teams.
- Managed and mentored 4-5 full-stack software reports.
- Led agile rituals and teams to rapidly deliver full-stack projects for internal and external clients.
- Led a microfrontends transformation and design system.
Staff Software Engineer
- Led the development of a React and GraphQL point-of-sale application for financing estimates, credit applications, and loan signing.
- Led tech designs for architecture decisions on AWS.
- Provided mentoring and engaged in pair programming activities, extending my support to offshore teams as well.
- Defined software and server architecture for large, global firms.
- Designed and delivered several React Native applications for mobile startups.
- Supported sales activity, meeting both in person and via phone to help define scopes of work for six-figure contracts.
- Led software development teams and provided mentorship.
Senior Software Engineer
Lambda Digital Consulting
- Developed a multi-platform app that runs out of a single repository, using React Native and code reuse with React Native for Web, as well as a desktop app in Electron.
- Wrote a desktop app in Electron for the construction industry.
- Administered a large AWS infrastructure for an SMB client with Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, S3, continuous deployment, and more.
- Built a consumer-facing iOS application with Parse.
- Added tests and continuous integration to four discrete software applications in different languages.
- Triaged and refactored legacy, untested code across the stack in a constrained-resources environment.
- Managed a remote team and held frequent pair programming sessions.
- Collaborated on an Android project and quickly identified key performance issues, despite having less than six months of Android experience.
- Architected and deployed application servers using several AWS technologies.
Product Lead and Senior Software Engineer
- Acted as "technical founder-in-residence," making architecture and feature execution decisions for two to three startup companies per year.
- Helped approximately six startups at which I built the first version of their software to raise over $4.5 million in seed funding.
- Built using Agile and TDD principles and enjoyed team support of our testing focus through peer-reviewed code.
- Handled the largest server administration role on the team, responsible for leading multiple startup infrastructures at once.
- Created an iOS application using Swift immediately after Swift's release.
Introduction to Minecraft Moddinghttps://github.com/colinyoung/minecraft-fall2015
Sinatra, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Laravel, Zend Framework, AngularJS, Angular, Ember.js, React Native
React, HTTP API, Ruby on Rails API, Rack, Google Maps API, Node.js, RxJava
CircleCI, Xcode, Android Studio, AWS CLI, Terraform
Agile Software Development, Unit Testing, REST
Amazon Web Services (AWS), iOS, Heroku, Linux, MacOS, AWS Lambda, Android, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
UI Testing, Agile Software Testing, Front-end, SaaS, Computer Science, OpenAI GPT-4 API, Geographic Information Systems, Data Privacy, Data Scraping
MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MySQL
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
DePaul University - Chicago, IL, USA