Cristian Luis Duarte
Verified Expert in Engineering
Cristian is a systems engineer who has graduated from the National Technological University in Buenos Aires. He has experience in many aspects of software development from desktop, server-side to web, and Android mobile development. In addition, he has great soft skills like coaching, recruiting, and leading IT teams.
Bash, MacOS, Eclipse, Git, Android Studio
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is an animated GIF decoder following exact specifications.
Latch (via Toptal)
- Improved the visualization of doors, following the group's design.
- Changed the UI in regards to Bluetooth and location status.
- Improved startup times by profiling and using lazy techniques.
- Reduced costly back-end calls.
- Followed a TDD approach for every new feature while adding automated tests to existing features.
High Fidelity, Inc.
- Ported the open-source VR platform (High Fidelity, Highfidelity.com) to Android.
- Added High Fidelity social features into the Android version.
- Made it possible to run the Open GL ES app in both Adreno and Mali GPUs.
- Ported new features from Desktop to Android: Jump, Places list, Show avatar name in 3D.
- Developed on-screen gamepad for the in-world view, focused on smooth responsiveness.
- Implemented features to make it Google Daydream compliant: recentering, teleporting and walking.
Futurewei Technologies Inc.
- Ported the open source VR platform (High Fidelity, Highfidelity.com) to Android using the NDK.
- Adapted the graphics back-end engine to Open GL ES 3.
- Integrated Google Daydream SDK to be able to interact with Daydream compatible smartphones using Daydream View (headset) and the controller.
- Adapted the toolchain so it used the proper C++ Clang compiler and GNU STL.
- Solved audio communication stability issues (some devices closed IO objects and a restarting mechanism was implemented).
Android Software Engineer
Ginger.io (via Toptal)
- Implemented the chat functionality in native Android code reviewing the current WebView version and applying design to get a fresh native UI.
- Made it possible to use the chat while being offline. Cached messages in a local SQLite database, synchronized data, and optimized data usage by using existing data.
- Polished the application by applying animations, unread messages indicators, and postponing data retrieval to quickly show screens.
Lead Software Engineer
- Created Dasher Messenger from scratch—a messaging app for Android. Incorporated features like GIFs, location sharing, and payments through Venmo; the server-side was provided by the client.
- Implemented the multiplatform motels guide iTelo for Android, Blackberry, and Nokia (Java phones).
- Coached Android and Java developers and led the development process, giving visibility to clients as well.
- Developed the OS X Agent for Pie Digital Software. Involved agents and daemons development, installers scripting and creation of Cocoa helper tools apps.
- Implemented an insurance agent's tool for Android that provided location tracking, car problems marking and messaging from HQ.
- Made a version of "This Day in History" (from the History Channel) for the Android Samsung Apps store.
Semi Senior Development Analyst
- Created a job to migrate user-related data to secure tables (encrypted columns).
- Coded the back end for MercadoClics, the MercadoLibre in-site advertising project. Including links generation, clicks, impressions counting, ads selection algorithms, and charges generation.
- Made use of his seniority, took the role of coach as well, assisted other members of his teams.
- Ensured MercadoLibre security, made pages secure through SSL and implemented a new login page.
- Updated MercadoClics.
- Coached other developers.
- Implemented new ads positions and user dashboards.
- Implemented, as a member of the customer service development team, web tools based on Force.com to provide services for customer representatives.
VISA Argentina (via FirstSystems Consulting)
- Supported an internal product for corporate accounts management; mostly involving web development.
- Maintained the existing implementation of 3D-Secure (named Verified by Visa) with fixes in corner cases.
- Implemented a logistics-oriented version of the system applying specific functions like expenses category management, reports and security features such as login, CAPTCHA, and blocked accounts.
- Maintained the finance, stock, and purchasing modules of the proprietary ERP System.
- Implemented reports generation for different business needs.
- Made a scheduled jobs for different reporting goals, like daily sales reports and stock quantities alarms.
• Showcases Android clean architecture, REST API access, list implementation, and Dagger 2.
• Purchasing the emoji is accomplished by just copying the emoji onto the clipboard.
High Fidelity | Live VR Experiences
As an Android engineer, I worked on this Google Daydream-compatible app; specifically on a port that allows entering the same worlds accessible from the desktop (and Oculus or Vive) but from Android devices.
Outbreak Everywhere Project
The project essentially consists of an activity app with a Google map covering the entire interface, displaying additional information such as name, score, coordinates, and a countdown timer. It also detects camera changes that indicate to the user whether it has to show markers. Additionally, it has some code to manage the media player to play sounds during gameplay.
Android API, Firebase Android SDK, AWT, JasperReports, PubNub, Facebook SDK, REST APIs, Google Maps
Android Studio, Eclipse IDE, Git, Servlet, CMake, GitHub
Android, Google Daydream, Eclipse, MacOS, Oracle, Java EE, Java ME, OS X, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Firebase
REST, Scrum, Design Patterns
Swing, Qt, JUnit, Symfony 2, Dagger 2
PL/SQL, MySQL, Redis
Enterprise Java Beans (EJB)
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems Engineering
National Technological University - Buenos Aires, Argentina
Associate Android Developer