Android Engineer2019 - 2020Latch (via Toptal)
Technologies: JUnit, Java, Kotlin, Android
- Improved the visualization of doors, following the group's design.
- Changed the UI in regards to Bluetooth and location status.
- Improved startup times by profiling and using lazy techniques.
- Reduced costly back-end calls.
- Followed a TDD approach for every new feature while adding automated tests to existing features.
Android Engineer2017 - 2019High Fidelity, Inc.
- Ported the open-source VR platform (High Fidelity, Highfidelity.com) to Android.
- Added High Fidelity social features into the Android version.
- Made it possible to run the Open GL ES app in both Adreno and Mali GPUs.
- Ported new features from Desktop to Android: Jump, Places list, Show avatar name in 3D.
- Developed on-screen gamepad for the in-world view, focused on smooth responsiveness.
- Implemented features to make it Google Daydream compliant: recentering, teleporting and walking.
Android Engineer2016 - 2017Futurewei Technologies Inc.
- Ported the open source VR platform (High Fidelity, Highfidelity.com) to Android using the NDK.
- Adapted the graphics back-end engine to Open GL ES 3.
- Integrated Google Daydream SDK to be able to interact with Daydream compatible smartphones using Daydream View (headset) and the controller.
- Adapted the toolchain so it used the proper C++ Clang compiler and GNU STL.
- Solved audio communication stability issues (some devices closed IO objects and a restarting mechanism was implemented).
Android Software Engineer2016 - 2016Ginger.io (via Toptal)
Technologies: PubNub, SQL, Java, Android
- Implemented the chat functionality in native Android code reviewing the current WebView version and applying design to get a fresh native UI.
- Made it possible to use the chat while being offline. Cached messages in a local SQLite database, synchronized data, and optimized data usage by using existing data.
- Polished the application by applying animations, unread messages indicators, and postponing data retrieval to quickly show screens.
Lead Software Engineer2011 - 2016Mobaires SRL
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, SQL, PHP, OS X, Java ME, Android, Java
- Created Dasher Messenger from scratch—a messaging app for Android. Incorporated features like GIFs, location sharing, and payments through Venmo; the server-side was provided by the client.
- Implemented the multiplatform motels guide iTelo for Android, Blackberry, and Nokia (Java phones).
- Coached Android and Java developers and led the development process, giving visibility to clients as well.
- Developed the OS X Agent for Pie Digital Software. Involved agents and daemons development, installers scripting and creation of Cocoa helper tools apps.
- Implemented an insurance agent's tool for Android that provided location tracking, car problems marking and messaging from HQ.
- Made a version of "This Day in History" (from the History Channel) for the Android Samsung Apps store.
Semi Senior Development Analyst2007 - 2011MercadoLibre
Technologies: HTML, PL/SQL, Oracle, Servlets, Java
- Created a job to migrate user-related data to secure tables (encrypted columns).
- Coded the back end for MercadoClics, the MercadoLibre in-site advertising project. Including links generation, clicks, impressions counting, ads selection algorithms, and charges generation.
- Made use of his seniority, took the role of coach as well, assisted other members of his teams.
- Ensured MercadoLibre security, made pages secure through SSL and implemented a new login page.
- Updated MercadoClics.
- Coached other developers.
- Implemented new ads positions and user dashboards.
- Implemented, as a member of the customer service development team, web tools based on Force.com to provide services for customer representatives.
Java Developer2007 - 2007VISA Argentina (via FirstSystems Consulting)
Technologies: XLST, HTML, Java EE, Servlets, Java
- Supported an internal product for corporate accounts management; mostly involving web development.
- Maintained the existing implementation of 3D-Secure (named Verified by Visa) with fixes in corner cases.
- Implemented a logistics-oriented version of the system applying specific functions like expenses category management, reports and security features such as login, CAPTCHA, and blocked accounts.
Java Developer2006 - 2007Intelap
Technologies: JasperReports, SQL, AWT, Swing, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Java
- Maintained the finance, stock, and purchasing modules of the proprietary ERP System.
- Implemented reports generation for different business needs.
- Made a scheduled jobs for different reporting goals, like daily sales reports and stock quantities alarms.