Senior Software Engineer2016 - PRESENTTradier
Technologies: Java, Dropwizard, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring WebFlux, Vert.x, RESTful API Design, AWS, MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, Git, GitHub, TravisCI, *nix
- Released two microservices to production handling 1.5k requests per minute.
- Applied Java best practices to all modules with the help of tools such as FindBugs, Sonarqube, and Google Error Prone.
Software Architect2015 - 2016DevFactory
Technologies: Java 8, Spring MVC, AWS Services, RESTful APIs, Python, Groovy, Maven, Gradle, Sonar, Jenkins, Travis CI, CircleCI, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Docker, Linux
- Worked on a proprietary CI System entirely based on AWS services and microservices written in Java with the help of Spring Framework.
- Worked on implementing and maintaining RESTful APIs using Spring Boot.
- Worked on a product to provide insights over unit tests. This product was integrated with Travis CI.
- Worked with several AWS services like SQS, SNS, Redshift, S3, EC2, EC2 Container, DynamoDB, RDS, and ELB.
- Worked on a Java agent to intercept the compiler and identify modules in a project sending the artifacts (source, binary, lib) to AWS S3.
- Dockerized a Python module with PostgreSQL leveraging the docker-compose utility.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2015Tradier
- Designed several RESTful APIs for financial products with a microservices thought process.
- Applied several design patterns in favor of extensibility, reusability, maintainability, and readability to highly improve the code base.
- Created reusable projects to avoid code duplication among several applications.
- Worked on a streaming API project to deliver a large quantity of financial data.
- Converted some Rails/Sinatra APIs to Java.
Senior Software Engineer and Team Leader2010 - 2015Algar Tech
- Awarded Outstanding Employee 2014 - Software Development Unit.
- Led the innovation team creating solutions to improve the company's productivity and quality.
- Supported the adoption, in 2013, of a new reference architecture using front-end technologies like AngularJS together with Java EE back-end communicating through a RESTful API.
- Implanted and spread a tool that helped the company to adopt Agile methodologies.
- Created a reusable, cross-platform, and flexible UI library to increase the development process in the early stages.
- Created an innovative requirements traceability tool to bind business to code allowing developers and managers to have a better understanding of the whole development process besides collecting statistical information to help future predictions.
- Handled technical training and new hire interviews.
Sun Campus Ambassador2009 - 2010Sun Microsystems
Technologies: Java SE, Java EE, Glassfish, MySQL, OpenSolaris, NetBeans
- Spread and contributed to the open source Sun technologies, mainly Java, Glassfish, and NetBeans.
- Gave speeches and training for many companies and universities.
- Blogged about Sun's technologies.
- Became a Minas Gerais Java User Group (MGJUG) coordinator.
- Created training materials and speeches about SCJA and SCJP certifications.