Software Development Engineer II2016 - 2018Amazon
Technologies: iOS, Android, React Native
- Designed and implemented cross-platform tools for developing mobile apps within Amazon Video.
- Designed and implemented internal tools used by mobile client teams within Amazon Video.
- Designed and implemented server-driven UX frameworks for mobile apps within Amazon Video.
- Helped design QA strategies for cross-platform mobile apps within Amazon Video.
- Contributed to the design of a scaling system for the development of mobile apps within Amazon Video.
Developer2014 - 2016Freelance
Technologies: iOS, Swift, Android, Java, Django, Flask, Objective-C, Parse.com
- Developed a web-based task assignment and tracking application for a gym franchise's maintenance department.
- Created a Vine-like application for seeing video reviews of fashion-related products.
- Built a web application for a fruit delivery subscription service.
- Programmed an iOS application (iPad and iPhone) for reading tv shows recaps.
- Wrote an iPhone application for climbers and trekkers that allows them to keep track of the elevation during their trails.
- Assisted in the architecture and system administration of a niche social network mainly using AWS services.
- Participated in multiple online (video conference-based) expert consultations and advising services.
Head of Technology2013 - 2014Divux Systems
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Java, PHP/Symfony, Django, iOS, Android, HTML5
- Participated in the decision-making process for prospective projects.
- Assisted business developers at early stages of product design in technology-related aspects.
- Contributed to company-wide strategic plans by outlining software limitations enforced by current technologies.
- Assisted in product presentations for new clients as an expert consultant.
- Participated in the sales process by providing expert consultancy over the desired product.
- Assisted in quotation and project sizing in the pre-sales process.
Software Architect2009 - 2013Divux Systems
Technologies: Java, Ruby on Rails, Spring MVC, PHP/Symfony, Django, Android, Xcode, iOS
- Established software development and methodologies standards.
- Led the design of components and architected all the company's systems.
- Established research and development trends according to recent technologies and market fluctuations.
- Tutored junior developers.
- Curated source code for multiple projects by means of code review.
Software Developer2008 - 2009Divux Systems
Technologies: Java, PHP/Symfony, Flex, XMPP
- Developed a music website generation system for easily creating and customizing new web stores.
- Developed an SMS gateway for sending and receiving messages from multiple carriers.
- Architected and aided in the development of a niche social network.
- Developed a web-based chat application over XMPP for the niche social network (a few months before Facebook did).
- Developed BlackBerry mobile application MVPs for the niche social network.
Programmer2007 - 2008Genexies Mobile Venezuela
Technologies: C++, WxWidgets, Skype API, PHP/Symfony
- Developed, supported, and maintained web-based reporting systems to generate business status reports.
- Researched development of desktop applications and add-ons to promote company products.
- Worked in designing a generic mobile site generator for easily rendering and customizing music stores.
- Implemented content import systems for large music files and metadata in a variety of formats.
- Served as an expert in customer support (both music store owners and end-users) and problems and maintenance issues.
- Helped in sysadmin-related tasks and scalability plans as the user base grew.
Programmer2006 - 2007Conectium Limited
Technologies: Java, Hibernate, WML, XHTMLMP
- Rewrote the helpdesk application to use AJAX.
- Modified an SMS sending application to use Hibernate's annotations (actually JPA).
- Created a common payment gateway for all mobile stores to charge for purchases.
- Worked in the front-end application for some of the mobile stores.
- Supported the mobile sites and helped find solutions for customer issues.