- Software Developer2015 - 2018Sightlinemaps.com
Technologies: Meteor, MapBox, 3D Printing, API, 3D Three.js, NPM, Docker
- Customized Mapbox layers to fulfill the needs of the website and back-end processing.
- Made a separate back-end process in Python to put together the 3D model, using Python, Flask, and Celery.
- Deployed and maintained all necessary services installed on AWS and other services.
- Eventually made the product to come up with a 3D STL ready-to-print model out of a square map selection. Totally awesome results.
- Optimized and minimized code to improve stability, moved code from the Python back-end with the goal of having only one stack of technologies: Meteor.
- Senior Data and Distributed Systems Engineer2015 - 2015Stridelabs.com
- Developed tons of new features for a mobile and web app such as getting the right thumbnails for users' files collections.
- Integrated a variety of third-party APIs such as Google Drive API, Dropbox, Box, and others.
- Did bug fixing and custom solutions to follow the business logic. Some problems were tricky; for example, streaming out files directly from third-party services to Stride app through StrideLabs back-end maintaining the security layer consistently during the process (so that files could be read by their owners only).
- Integrated Parse, Heroku, and several AWS services to compose a back-end that could fulfill the needs of the app.
- Worked with data indexing through Elasticsearch.
- Applied security rules over all data models, based on Parse security paradigms and enhancing it to StrideLabs' own back-end workers deployed on Heroku.
- Data Integration Engineer2014 - 2014CommandIQ
Technologies: Python, Flask, PostgreSQL, AWS, AngularJS
- Worked for Command IQ, a company collecting and processing data for marketing and user acquisition purposes. Was part of the team adding features to the main product.
- Worked out integrations for new client data.
- Fixed bugs.
- Senior Developer2013 - 2014Globant
Technologies: Python, Backbone.js, Sass, CoffeeScript
- Collaborated with a team in the last development ramp of a new product for National Geographic. Added new features, fixed bugs, and optimized various operations.
- Found the root of major problems that had been buried in the code for months.
- Excelled in development speed on Scrum metrics.
- Helped the back-end dedicated team to trace problems.
- Reported numerous bugs even though there was a separate QC team dedicated to this task.
- Software Advisor2012 - 2013IIB-INTECH (Biotechnology Research Institute)
- Consulted on the software engineering way of thinking to bioinformatics doctorate students.
- Built simple yet powerful scripts to prove student ideas and experiments.
- Set up the VMware stack to give new students access to VMs to work on, and to facilitate easy disposal and reuse of resources.
- Migrated Perl services into Python services.
- Migrated all servers to VMware virtual machines.
- Innovation Supervisor2012 - 2013Interactive Bid Games, Inc.
Technologies: Python, Django, AngularJS
- Re-engineered the entire project including bootstrapping and transitioning to a highly scalable mode.
- Moved the view management to the client side, implementing AngularJS from scratch.
- Built and led a team of 2 people to help me with the large amount of work.
- Designed a methodology to base new features and changes on user behavior data.
- Senior Python Developer2010 - 2012Leander Games
Technologies: Python, Memcached, PostgreSQL
- Applied an architecture-based programming methodology to reduce the time footprint of implementing new game logics.
- Added a semi-automatic scalable architecture to handle different loads at different times, reducing run costs.
- SSr Software Developer2008 - 2010Livra.com
- Developed a massive mail sender in Python and MySQL that moved the bottle neck out of it to the mailserver itself.
- Developed a quick MVP in PHP to create and share polls through social networks.
- Maintained XML-RPC services that perform complex queries to tag and categorize all database content overnight.
- Helped fix bugs in internal tools made in Java.
- Wrote hundreds of tests and docs for undocumented, untested production process.
- Software Developer2005 - 2008Cyclelogic
Technologies: Python, MS SQL, MySQL, .NET
- Supported and maintained a system that manages SMS subscriptions to all of Latin America.
- Helped plan the construction of a new software stack to serve the content delivery and user subscription to all SMS services. Replaced old software entirely.
- Helped plan and set up new server environment migration from Microsoft technologies to Linux based ones.
- Researched new ideas of content and services to serve to users, some of which were the base on successful products months after.