- Software DeveloperSightlinemaps.com2015 - PRESENT
Technologies: Meteor, MapBox, 3D printing, API, 3D Three.js, NPM, Docker
- Customized Mapbox layers to fulfill the needs of the website and back-end processing.
- Made a separate back-end process in Python to put together the 3d model, using Python, Flask, and Celery.
- Deployed and maintained all necessary services installed on AWS and other services.
- Eventually made the product to come up with a 3D STL -ready to print- model out of a square map selection. Totally awesome results.
- Optimized and minimized code to improve stability, moved code from the Python back-end with the goal of having only one stack of technologies: Meteor.
- Senior Data and Distributed Systems EngineerStridelabs.com2015 - 2015
- Developed tons of new features for a mobile and web app such as getting the right thumbnails for users files collections.
- Integrated a variety of 3rd party APIs such as Google Drive API, Dropbox, Box, and others.
- Did bug fixing and custom solutions to follow the business logic. Some problems were tricky, for example streaming out files directly from 3rd party services to Stride app through StrideLabs backend maintaining the security layer consistency during the process (so that files could be read by their owners only).
- Integrated Parse, Heroku, and several AWS services to compose a back-end that could fulfill the needs of the app.
- Worked with data indexing through ElasticSearch.
- Applied security rules over all data models, based on Parse security paradigms and enhancing it out of it to StrideLabs own backend workers deployed on Heroku.
- Data Integration EngineerCommandIQ2014 - 2014
Technologies: Python, Flask, PostgreSQL, AWS, AngularJS
- Worked for Command IQ, a company collecting and processing data for marketing and user acquisition purposes. Was part of the team adding features to the main product.
- Worked out integrations for new client data.
- Fixed bugs.
- Senior DeveloperGlobant2013 - 2014
Technologies: Python, Backbone.js, Sass, CoffeeScript
- Collaborated with a team in the last development ramp of a new product for National Geographic. Added new features, fixed bugs, and optimized various operations.
- Found the root of major problems that had been buried in the code for months.
- Excelled in development speed on Scrum metrics.
- Helped the back-end dedicated team to trace problems.
- Reported numerous bugs even though there was a separate QC team dedicated to this task.
- Software AdvisorIIB-INTECH (Biotechnology Research Institute)2012 - 2013
- Consulted on the software engineering way of thinking to Bioinformatics Doctorate Students.
- Built simple yet powerful scripts to prove student ideas and experiments.
- Set up the VMware stack to give new students access to VMs to work on, and to facilitate easy disposal and reuse of resources.
- Migrated Perl services into Python services.
- Migrated all servers to VMware virtual machines.
- Innovation SupervisorInteractive Bid Games Inc.2012 - 2013
Technologies: Python, Django, AngularJS
- Re-engineered the entire project including bootstrapping and transitioning to a highly scalable mode.
- Moved the view management to the client side, implementing AngularJS from scratch.
- Built and led a team of 2 people to help me with the large amount of work.
- Designed a methodology to base new features and changes on user behavior data.
- Senior Python DeveloperLeander Games2010 - 2012
Technologies: Python, Memcached, PostgreSQL
- Applied an architecture-based programming methodology to reduce the time footprint of implementing new game logics.
- Added a semi-automatic scalable architecture to handle different loads at different times, reducing run costs.
- SSr Software DeveloperLivra.com2008 - 2010
- Developed a massive mail sender in Python and MySQL that moved the bottle neck out of it to the mailserver itself.
- Developed a quick MVP in PHP to create and share polls through social networks.
- Maintained XML-RPC services that perform complex queries to tag and categorize all database content overnight.
- Helped fix bugs in internal tools made in Java.
- Wrote hundreds of tests and docs for undocumented, untested production process.
- Software DeveloperCyclelogic2005 - 2008
Technologies: Python, MS SQL, MySQL, .NET
- Supported and maintained a system that manages SMS subscriptions to all of Latin America.
- Helped plan the construction of a new software stack to serve the content delivery and user subscription to all SMS services. Replaced old software entirely.
- Helped plan and set up new server environment migration from Microsoft technologies to Linux based ones.
- Researched new ideas of content and services to serve to users, some of which were the base on successful products months after.