Senior Backend Developer2021 - 2021Spin
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), APIs, PostgreSQL, Datadog, Sentry, Postman
- Managed the API by adding new endpoints, ETL jobs, and refactoring to ease maintenance pain.
- Worked on Postman monitors and migrated to Datadog synthetics.
- Worked with new employees to get them up to speed, paired with other teams to add cross-department functionality.
Senior Ruby Engineer2013 - 2020Prime Trust
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, PostgreSQL, DevOps, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Sidekiq, RSpec, Git, SQL, APIs, JSON API, Ruby on Rails 5, CSS, Ruby on Rails API, RESTful APIs, Jira, Pivotal Tracker
- Contributed 90% of the Ruby on Rails codebase with one other programmer to launch a startup within three months and move $16 millions.
- Worked closely with the finance reconciliation department to turn one of their manual processes into an automated solution, saving over 20 people hours per week.
- Integrated multiple third-party services, including SendGrid (email), Vantiv (credit card processing), Trulioo (identity verification), and OFAC checks.
- Onboarded new employees, who were able to start contributing to the codebase within two weeks of joining because of my help.
- Delegated stories to team members, helped them complete their tasks, and reviewed their work.
- Created an entirely customizable email template system, allowing customers to have full control over the look of their emails and when they would be sent out.
Business Intelligence Administrator2012 - 2013Alliance Healthcare Services
Technologies: Salesforce, Microsoft Excel, Apex
- Developed a customer optimization tracker and coaching plans in Salesforce using the Apex language which provided the ability to track forms and progress in the system. This replaced the Excel sheets that were used previously.
- Created reporting dashboards for the executive staff and three sales channels.
- Performed analytics to determine new expansion sites.
Sales Operations Analyst2008 - 2012Apria Healthcare
Technologies: Oracle CRM On Demand, QlikView
- Created and maintained performance-and-execution reports used by the executive staff and parent company, Blackstone Group, to make key decisions on expansion.
- Developed dashboards on the CRM On Demand homepage by consolidating six reports that included quota, calls, sales, and key product information and trends.
- Transformed a paper-based sales-team evaluation tool to be managed entirely within CRM On Demand.
- Validated data, reports, and the UI through four release upgrades of the CRM system.
- Improved the performance and decreased run time of Apria’s existing CRM On Demand reports.
- Facilitated and assisted the training during six new sales rep classes and 24 online training webinars annually.
Student Programmer2006 - 2008UCI Computer Store
- Maintained AntPOS3, a student-created, Java-based point-of-sale system.
- Designed, developed, and maintained event websites using Ruby on Rails.
- Used Subversion to create branches and share code among the development team.
Tech Support2005 - 2006TechSpace
Technologies: Red Hat Linux
- Built Linux servers and prepared for them to go on the rack on customer demand.
- Answered calls and visited in-house offices to fix computer-related problems.
- Monitored computer networks from the network operations center (NOC).