Verified Expert in Engineering
Dave is an IT veteran with 15 years of programming experience—specializing in Ruby and Ruby on Rails. While he excels at producing Ruby-based solutions, Dave's also delivered projects requiring multiple technology stacks, third-party integrations, and even a little DevOps for companies in the fintech infrastructure, healthcare services, and scaling support industries. Dave's experience has led to easy-to-read, easy-to-maintain, and well-tested code, leaving a trail of happy customers.
Ruby, Elixir, Linux
The most amazing...
...decision in my life was to join a startup where I and one other programmer wrote 90% of the code and we moved $16 million of funds within three months.
Senior Backend Developer
- Managed the API by adding new endpoints, ETL jobs, and refactoring to ease maintenance pain.
- Worked on Postman monitors and migrated to Datadog synthetics.
- Worked with new employees to get them up to speed, paired with other teams to add cross-department functionality.
Senior Ruby Engineer
- Contributed 90% of the Ruby on Rails codebase with one other programmer to launch a startup within three months and move $16 millions.
- Worked closely with the finance reconciliation department to turn one of their manual processes into an automated solution, saving over 20 people hours per week.
- Integrated multiple third-party services, including SendGrid (email), Vantiv (credit card processing), Trulioo (identity verification), and OFAC checks.
- Onboarded new employees, who were able to start contributing to the codebase within two weeks of joining because of my help.
- Delegated stories to team members, helped them complete their tasks, and reviewed their work.
- Created an entirely customizable email template system, allowing customers to have full control over the look of their emails and when they would be sent out.
Business Intelligence Administrator
Alliance Healthcare Services
- Developed a customer optimization tracker and coaching plans in Salesforce using the Apex language which provided the ability to track forms and progress in the system. This replaced the Excel sheets that were used previously.
- Created reporting dashboards for the executive staff and three sales channels.
- Performed analytics to determine new expansion sites.
Sales Operations Analyst
- Created and maintained performance-and-execution reports used by the executive staff and parent company, Blackstone Group, to make key decisions on expansion.
- Developed dashboards on the CRM On Demand homepage by consolidating six reports that included quota, calls, sales, and key product information and trends.
- Transformed a paper-based sales-team evaluation tool to be managed entirely within CRM On Demand.
- Validated data, reports, and the UI through four release upgrades of the CRM system.
- Improved the performance and decreased run time of Apria’s existing CRM On Demand reports.
- Facilitated and assisted the training during six new sales rep classes and 24 online training webinars annually.
UCI Computer Store
- Maintained AntPOS3, a student-created, Java-based point-of-sale system.
- Designed, developed, and maintained event websites using Ruby on Rails.
- Used Subversion to create branches and share code among the development team.
- Built Linux servers and prepared for them to go on the rack on customer demand.
- Answered calls and visited in-house offices to fix computer-related problems.
- Monitored computer networks from the network operations center (NOC).
I built this using Ruby on Rails.
Promotional Event Websites
The sites could quickly be created using the Ruby on Rails framework.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby on Rails 5, Phoenix, Tailwind CSS, Ruby on Rails 4
Sidekiq, Sequel, JSON API, Ruby on Rails API, jQuery, REST APIs
RSpec, Git, SendGrid, Microsoft Excel, Subversion (SVN), Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Sentry, Postman
Redis, PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, Datadog
APIs, IT Project Management, Phoenix LiveView, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Reports, Dashboards, Administration, Oracle CRM On Demand
Linux, Heroku, Salesforce, QlikView, Red Hat Linux
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of California, Irvine - Irvine, CA, United States