Lead Engineer2020 - 2021Guidewire
- Worked closely with UX and PM teams as the project technical lead to define new features, develop interactive prototypes for them, and later designed and implemented those features in both the frontend and backend.
- Was responsible for end to end feature delivery, architecting and implementing both frontend and backend components for new features, as well as validating functionality with PM and UX teams after features had been shipped.
- Led a team of 2 other backend engineers in breaking apart new feature work into manageable tasks and distributing work among team members.
- Worked directly with PM leadership to prototype and estimate new potential features for the Guidewire Data Platform.
- Coordinated the architecture design and implementation of features with lead engineers from other teams in the organization.
Founder | CEO2018 - 2020Tripviary
- Created a React Native application for Android and iOS that allows tourists to search for and purchase tours and activities in Peru.
- Developed a React Native application for tour guides and operators that allowed them to register tours, teams, and manage reservations in an interactive calendar.
- Built a web application that served as a management hub for the company, facilitating oversight of the tours, operators, reservations, and availability.
- Engineered back-end systems to support both mobile apps and the web app with PostgreSQL, Node.js, GraphQL, and AWS Lambda.
- Implemented CI/CD pipelines with GitLab CI for the Node.js back end and the static React app which deployed to AWS Lambda using the Serverless framework and to AWS S3.
- Ported and deployed the app to the web using React Native Web with CloudFront and AWS S3.
- Implemented features to build a platform for tour operators to manage their operations, including scheduling, team management and availability, pickup notifications, expenses, billing and accounting, and comprehensive sales reports.
Tech Lead2019 - 2019Belatrix Software
- Architected and implemented a multitenant authentication solution using AWS Cognito to enable multiple enterprise clients to sign in to a cloud-based application using SAML federation.
- Implemented and architected a secure access mechanism for an Angular app using CloudFront signed cookies, and integrated it with the Cognito-based authentication.
- Led a team of three engineers in modifying a cloud app in AWS to support multi-tenancy.
- Worked on the Serverless DevOps Lab, implementing CI/CD pipelines to deploy functions to AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions, and Azure Functions, using Terraform and the serverless framework separately.
Front-end Lead Engineer2018 - 2019Fluentbyte
- Built a React web app that allowed employees of medical practice to register patient's insurance-related medical exams and track and manage the status of audit projects involving insurance claims.
- Ported the app to run on Electron and added offline capabilities using SQLite 3 so data and files could be saved during on-site audits in remote locations and then synced with the back end on AWS automatically when an internet connection was available.
- Deployed the application as a static site on AWS S3 and as a Windows installer for the Electron app, having implemented the one codebase used for both.
- Designed and supported the implementation of the Node.js back end in TypeScript, mainly the syncing features in the application.
Lead Engineer2018 - 2018Sports House
- Implemented an Angular 4 web app that allowed users to sign up for a betting pool for the FIFA 2018 World Cup.
- Designed and implemented a Node.js back end with a scoring system for the bets placed by users in the web app.
- Built a simulator for the group and knockout stages that let users view the results of their match predictions on the front end.
- Deployed the complete web application on AWS (S3, EC2, RDS, and Route 53).
Project Lead Engineer2016 - 2016Promar EIRL
Technologies: Apache Velocity, HTML, Java, Groovy, Jira REST API
- Interviewed representatives from the engineering, management, payroll, accounting, and logistics departments.
- Designed and implemented an integrated software solution for construction project management using Jira as a platform.
- Developed a versioned budget management module that allowed the company to track their expenses grouped by cost categories and view their projects' progress.
- Built a payroll management module that allowed the company to track their employees' salaries grouped by cost category, and integrated it with the budget module.
- Constructed an engineering requests module that allowed on-site engineers to register requests that were reviewed by an engineering supervisor, approved by management, and processed by logistics and accounting—all integrated into the budget module.
- Developed an accounting module that was fed information from all other modules, generated custom reports, and exported data to be consumed by other accounting software.
- Designed, implemented, and deployed on-site from scratch the complete solution using Jira APIs, various Jira plugins (among them ScriptRunner), and custom reports packaged as Jira plugins.
Jira Developer2016 - 2016Process Consulting
Technologies: Jira, Apache Velocity, HTML, Java, Groovy, Jira REST API
- Designed and implemented workflows for IT process improvement projects at La Positiva (insurance company), VisaNet Peru, and SUNAT (government entity overseeing taxes and customs in Peru).
- Designed and implemented custom Jira reports as plugins using the Jira API, giving insights into the IT departments' day-to-day operations.
- Implemented custom fields, conditions, transitions and triggers using Groovy and the ScriptRunner plugin as needed by Jira workflows.