Python Developer in Batumi, Adjara, Georgia
IT Consultant2012 - PRESENTIndependent
Technologies: Python, Django, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, AngularJS
- Moved a SaaS startup from the development to growth phase (for Uploadcare).
- Created a technical foundation, assembled a tech team, and established an effective software development process (for Cloudfind).
- Designed and built the server-side portion of the VidiBee platform, driven by a REST API.
CTO2011 - 2012Social TRM
Technologies: Python, Django, MongoDB, AWS
- Assembled an effective technical team.
- Implemented a feature-rich MVP within a short period of time.
- Implemented a high-quality, maintainable, and well-tested codebase.
Developer2010 - 2011IQElite
Technologies: Python, Django, MongoDB, AWS, LaTeX, DocBook
- Implemented a back-end engine for psychometric tests.
- Implemented an image generation framework with text translation capabilities.
- Created a detailed PDF report generator based on DocBook templates and LaTeX engine.
- Maintained the technical side of i18n of the project, which was translated to 15 languages.
- Created a semi-automated avatar moderation framework based on volunteer feedback.
Technical Documentation Specialist2008 - 2010Geocell (Telia Sonera Group)
Technologies: Python, Java, J2EE, Asciidoc, LaTeX
- Automated technical documentation generation.
- Created guidelines and best practices of data knowledge within the department.
- Prepared pre- and post-development technical documentation for all software systems built in-house.
Software Developer2006 - 2008Oris LTD
Technologies: VB6, VBA, Microsoft C++, MS SQL
- Implemented financial and HR software modules for the ERP platform.
- Designed and implemented a meta-language for accountants for creating custom accounting routines that was compiled to (and decompiled from) a plain VBA.
- Implemented a report generation and printing framework.
- Set up bi-directional data replication management module for the ERP system.
Software Developer2005 - 2006VTB Georgia
Technologies: C#, Microsoft .NET, MS SQL
- Implemented data reporting for a loan management system.
- Implemented customizable bonus calculation system for loan officers.
- Set up a nationwide data replication system for loan management.
- Cloudfind (Development)http://cloudfindhq.com
Technical foundation of the project was largely inspired and partially implemented by me.
- Uploadcare (Development)https://uploadcare.com
Helped the startup to break even.
- VidiBee (Development)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xyMtwd6Unc
API-driven back-end and video encoding part was my job.
- QA Architect at Lifespeed (Development)http://www.lifespeed.io/
I built an innovative Continuous Integration and Delivery framework based on Docker, Nginx and GitLab CI. It runs tests on each commit and deploys the web app to a dev server, making it available under a branch-specific virtual host.
- David is a mentor in the Toptal Global Mentor’s Program. This program is a partnership between Toptal and General Assembly to provide high quality mentorship for students from minority and low income backgrounds who are looking to begin their careers as professional software engineers. David shows commitment to diversity in tech by mentoring a General Assembly student every week for a year, covering everything from coding tips and tricks to advice on making it in the industry.
ToolsUploadcare, Google Analytics, LibreOffice, Git, Jekyll, Trac, Apache, RabbitMQ, Celery, Vim Text Editor, Ansible, PDFtk, Solr, Nginx
ParadigmsTest-driven Development (TDD), Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Deployment
PlatformsLinux, Ubuntu, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, OpenStack, Mashape
StoragePostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB
OtherData Analysis, Quality Assurance (QA), Digital Signature, Big Data, Analytics, OCR
FrameworksJinja, Flask, Django, AngularJS
Libraries/APIsImageMagick, PIL, Fabric, Twitter SDK, Instagram API, jQuery, FFmpeg, Matplotlib, React
- EMBA degree in Business Administration2013 - 2015Hult International Business School - London, UK
- B.Sc. degree in Computer Engineering2001 - 2005Georgian Technical University - Tbilisi, Georgia