Senior DevOps Engineer2022 - 2022Nomadic Labs
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Scaleway, Ansible, Terraform, Go, Bash, Shell Scripting, GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, OCaml, Python, Prometheus, Grafana, Docker, InfluxDB, ARM
- Dramatically reduced overall infrastructure costs (divided by four).
- Implemented complete infrastructure monitoring with Prometheus and Grafana.
- Improved Tezos GitLab pipelines to make this open-source software delivery stable and reproducible.
Senior DevOps Engineer2021 - 2021Integral Ad Science
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Flux, Flagger, Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon EKS, Helm, Istio, GitOps, Prometheus, Grafana, Thanos, ELK (Elastic Stack)
- Audited and corrected cluster security and availability for production use.
- Implemented Blue/Green or Canary deployments with Flagger.
- Improved monitoring and alerting with Prometheus and Elastic Stack.
Senior DevOps Engineer2021 - 2021BCG GAMMA
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EKS, Kubernetes, CircleCI, Octopus Deploy, Docker, Helm, PostgreSQL, Redis, Bash, Terraform, Python, Okta, Kong, Sumo Logic, AWS CloudTrail
- Migrated from AWS ECS to EKS (Kubernetes) and applied container best practices.
- Delivered secured HA production infrastructure after an audit (permissions, encryption, networking, authentication).
- Wrote continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines for all the applications.
Senior DevOps Engineer2021 - 2021BCG Digital Ventures
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, Python, AWS Lambda, AWS IAM, Cloud Security, Auditing
- Improved a private Slack bot to automate creating and securing AWS accounts for new projects.
- Refreshed the codebase to Python 3 using the latest Slack SDK.
- Enabled AWS Config Service, Guard Duty, Security Hub, and Cloud Trail.
Senior DevOps engineer2020 - 2021Covantis
Technologies: Orchestrate, OpenVPN, Terraform, Helm, Ethereum, Kaniko, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Apache Kafka, GitLab CI/CD, Go, Bash, Python, Node.js, Redis, PostgreSQL, Azure
- Finalized the delivery of a complete production infrastructure in Azure.
- Migrated the monitoring activity to fully managed Azure solutions from on-premise Prometheus/Alertmanager/Grafana inside AKS clusters.
- Resolved cluster performance issues related to PostgreSQL, Azure Event Hub (Kafka SaaS), and Kaleido (private Ethereum blockchain SaaS).
DevOps Engineer2019 - 2020BCG
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Node.js, Grafana, Prometheus, ELK (Elastic Stack), Okta, Keycloak, OpenVPN, Consul, Vault, Spark, MongoDB, Pachyderm, Python, Go, Terraform, Artifactory, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Docker, Azure, CircleCI, Jenkins, GitHub
- Delivered a great product architecture, advising on the roadmap and helping with the implementation of new features in the infrastructure. BCG was able to sell the technology to DataRobot, a unicorn valued at a billion dollars.
- Managed up to 30 clusters, one for each customer/team, delivering the latest versions of the infrastructure and the application with new features.
- Trained teammates on Docker and Kubernetes best practices to combine security, performance, and scaling.
DevOps Engineer2016 - 2018Effilab
Technologies: OSI Model, TCP/IP, SQL, NGINX, Ceph, OpenStack, Grafana, Prometheus, Sidekiq, Puma, Traefik, Flask, Celery, Bonita BPM, Apache NiFi, Apache Hive, Hadoop, Presto DB, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, OVH, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible Tower, Ansible, GitLab CI/CD
- Migrated a full infrastructure from AWS to the OVH cloud (French provider).
- Containerized all applications and deployed them into Kubernetes clusters: Python, Ruby, and Java.
- Created from scratch high-performant, highly available in-house services, including PostgreSQL, Redis, and Kubernetes clusters.
- Delivered a wide range of technologies to exploit our data and optimize our business on top of our production applications: JupyterHub, Flower & Celery, Hadoop & Hive, PrestoDB, and NiFi.
Mainframe Systems Engineer2013 - 2016BNP Paribas
Technologies: COBOL, REXX, Shell Scripting, JCL, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, IBM Cognos, IBM Mainframe, Enterprise, IBM Storage, Unix, z/OS, MVS
- Managed the mainframe production of the biggest European bank, built on large-scale enterprise solutions.
- Specialized in mainframe storage, delivering high-performance, highly available, highly resilient storage arrays running mission-critical workloads.
- Reworked the monitoring of the whole mainframe storage with IBM TDS and CA Vantage for efficient capacity planning, billing, and compliance with SLA.