Verified Expert in Engineering
David is an effective software engineer specializing in design, development, and testing. Throughout his career, he has gained know-how of the entire software development life cycle. His expertise is in object-oriented design with Java—delivering solutions in retail, finance, and telecom industries. He likes to apply proven methodologies, tools, and implement clean code practices. He is a keen self-educator and an advocate for free software.
Git, Eclipse, Linux
The most amazing...
...website I've developed was a SaaS built from scratch—to cluster and visualize banking card transactions.
Australia and New Zealand Banking Group
- Worked on and was responsible for the pre-deal credit checking system.
- Implemented a service distributing tradeable wholesale quotes via Reuters TREP.
- Tested the acceptance and on-boarded FIX clients.
- Implemented compliance related tasks and troubleshot system issues.
- Rolled out, with a colleague, the platform to the TY3 data center in Japan.
- Participated in the solution design by providing development estimates.
- Integrated third party B2B interfaces. I have worked with Telstra, Optus, NAB/Medicare, and MoneyGram.
- Created a high-volume web service for loyalty reward schemes. It was handling the 7-Eleven Day promotion throughout Australia in 2012 and 2013.
- Designed and implemented an AJAX UI using a server side GWT framework, Spring/Boot/security and Tomcat—in order to provide access to the new inventory system functions via the intraweb.
- Refactored constantly the platform (migrated the application from JBoss4 to JBoss6).
- Developed a black box stress tester to be able to simulate terminal interactions utilizing the company's proprietary OTC wire protocol.
- Introduced Jenkins for recent projects.
- Developed Java applications for the OSS software stack, which is used in the management of 2G-4G mobile networks.
- Contributed and reviewed technical documentation.
- Conducted component and integration tests.
- Provided support for customer cut-overs (Telstra, MTN).
- Worked on the Java platform that handled trading, fulfilled CRM duties, and supplied data to the liquidation settling & accounting system.
- Developed core technologies for the platform, improved the business logic (performance analysis, refactoring; for example, by rearranging the boundaries of database transactions used during messaging sessions, client timeouts were ceased to exist).
- Created tools, desktop applications, and frameworks for simplifying daily routines such as: an application for updating historic market data from feeds provided by Reuters.
- Automated the conversion of trading data received via FIX terminals.
- Built a Swing application used by the back office to extract rating information from Reuters feeds.
- Worked on TSP, a high availability, telecommunications-grade cluster of hybrid operating systems (Dicos, Linux). Specialized in the LDAP software complex which mapped large volumes of data to an object-oriented database in a real-time environment.
- Resolved complex system deficiencies, reported progress, and kept contact with customers (SoftBank, Telefonica).
- Developed upgrade path automation routines—took over the work package lead after a year.
- Mentored junior developers.
- Created an acceptance test framework for CORBA components.
- Created a HTTP layer stress tester.
- Introduced Cactus for unit testing server-side Java code.
A Website for Current Account Insights
Utilized the following tech: GWT, Highcharts, Java, Spring, Hazelcast.
Hosted on Amazon EC2 Linuxes, provisioned with Ansible, using Elasticsearch, and Graphite for system health monitoring.
Java, SQL, Bash, C++, C
Spring Boot, Spring Security, Vaadin, Spring, Hibernate, JPA
Object-oriented Design (OOD), Test-driven Development (TDD), Concurrent Programming, Agile, REST, Continuous Integration (CI)
Linux, Amazon EC2, Eclipse, Oracle, JBoss, Solaris, J2SE, Jakarta EE, Android
Software Development, Gemfire, SOAP, CORBA, Ant, LDAP, FIX Protocol
Apache Tomcat, Jenkins, Apache Maven, Subversion (SVN), Eclipse RCP, IBM Rational ClearCase, CVS, SJSAS, Git
MySQL, JBoss AS, PostgreSQL, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, Hazelcast
SWT, OpenLDAP, JMS
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Dennis Gabor College - Budapest, Hungary