Software Developer2014 - 2016Australia and New Zealand Banking Group
Technologies: Git, Financial Information Exchange (FIX) Protocol, Oracle, Gemfire, Spring, Java
- Worked on and was responsible for the pre-deal credit checking system.
- Implemented a service distributing tradeable wholesale quotes via Reuters TREP.
- Tested the acceptance and on-boarded FIX clients.
- Implemented compliance related tasks and troubleshot system issues.
- Rolled out, with a colleague, the platform to the TY3 data center in Japan.
Senior Developer2011 - 2014Touch Networks
Technologies: Subversion (SVN), Maven, Vaadin, REST, SOAP, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
- Participated in the solution design by providing development estimates.
- Integrated third party B2B interfaces. I have worked with Telstra, Optus, NAB/Medicare, and MoneyGram.
- Created a high-volume web service for loyalty reward schemes. It was handling the 7-Eleven Day promotion throughout Australia in 2012 and 2013.
- Designed and implemented an AJAX UI using a server side GWT framework, Spring/Boot/security and Tomcat—in order to provide access to the new inventory system functions via the intraweb.
- Refactored constantly the platform (migrated the application from JBoss4 to JBoss6).
- Developed a black box stress tester to be able to simulate terminal interactions utilizing the company's proprietary OTC wire protocol.
- Introduced Jenkins for recent projects.
Software Engineer2009 - 2011Ericsson
Technologies: ClearCase, Sybase, Ant, Spring, CORBA, SWT, Eclipse RCP, Java, Solaris
- Developed Java applications for the OSS software stack, which is used in the management of 2G-4G mobile networks.
- Contributed and reviewed technical documentation.
- Conducted component and integration tests.
- Provided support for customer cut-overs (Telstra, MTN).
Software Engineer2007 - 2009Concorde
Technologies: SJSAS, CVS, Microsoft SQL Server, Ant, JMS, SQL, Jakarta EE, J2SE, Linux
- Worked on the Java platform that handled trading, fulfilled CRM duties, and supplied data to the liquidation settling & accounting system.
- Developed core technologies for the platform, improved the business logic (performance analysis, refactoring; for example, by rearranging the boundaries of database transactions used during messaging sessions, client timeouts were ceased to exist).
- Created tools, desktop applications, and frameworks for simplifying daily routines such as: an application for updating historic market data from feeds provided by Reuters.
- Automated the conversion of trading data received via FIX terminals.
- Built a Swing application used by the back office to extract rating information from Reuters feeds.
Software Engineer2004 - 2007Ericsson
Technologies: ClearCase, OpenLDAP, Apache Tomcat, Bash, LDAP, CORBA, J2SE, C, C++, Linux
- Worked on TSP, a high availability, telecommunications-grade cluster of hybrid operating systems (Dicos, Linux). Specialized in the LDAP software complex which mapped large volumes of data to an object-oriented database in a real-time environment.
- Resolved complex system deficiencies, reported progress, and kept contact with customers (SoftBank, Telefonica).
- Developed upgrade path automation routines—took over the work package lead after a year.
- Mentored junior developers.
- Created an acceptance test framework for CORBA components.
- Created a HTTP layer stress tester.
- Introduced Cactus for unit testing server-side Java code.