- Web Developer2016 - PRESENTThe Healthy Mummy (via Toptal)
Technologies: WooCommerce, WordPress, WooCommerce Subscriptions, PHP, MySQL, Selenium, Docker
- Developed multiple custom features for the company website based on WordPress and WooCommerce.
- Cleaned and optimized legacy source code to adapt it to the usage of good practices.
- Developed multiple patches and improvements for several existing WordPress and WooCommerce plugins.
- Implemented an automated test suite with Selenium to track working conditions of the site.
- Debugged and supported a variety of hosting problems.
- Pro-bono System Manager & Web Developer2003 - PRESENTFundación MAIOR
Technologies: WordPress, PHP, Debian, WooCommerce
- Managed a network of five Windows computers and a Linux file and mail server remotely.
- Developed and deployed www.maior.es using WordPress and WooCommerce.
- Web Developer for Hyperbaricstore.com2016 - 2016Adapt Marketing (via Toptal)
Technologies: WordPress, WooCommerce, Linux
- Corrected several problems due to an attack on the server using WordPress API.
- Set up a web page using WordPress and WooCommerce, including selecting and adding plugins and generating custom plugins for specific features.
- Migrated Photoshop designs to HTML+CSS using a newly developed WordPress theme.
- Linux Engineer2016 - 2016Cmd Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Linux, C, PAM
- Created PAM libraries in C to audit and monitor sessions and executed commands in Linux systems.
- Developed a method that leveraged a pre-loaded library to enable capturing output generated from command-line commands and sessions.
- Developed a method for auditing and monitoring commands executed from shell scripts, including built-in shell commands.
- Web Developer2016 - 2016Meridix Creative, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: PHP, Azure, SQL Server, Stripe
- Modified a website so it now uses Stripe payment gateway instead of PayPal's Payflow API.
- Modified the style of several pages on the website.
- Web Developer2015 - 2016Forelock (via Toptal)
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, HTML
- Adapted the site to use Braintree payment gateway.
- Worked on security clean-up for the whole site, removing several security issues as potential SQL injection points.
- Developed new features involving back-end and front-end modifications.
- Software Developer & System Manager2006 - 2016SICE
- Led a team of four to develop and deploy a proprietary reporting system for Canal de Isabel II, Madrid's public drinking water supplier.
- Managed a three-person team to develop and deploy SICE Nautilus, a web-based operational assistance system that includes incident support as well as fleet, inventory, and maintenance management.
- Optimized queries and made back-end improvements for a web-based report system for SICE's ITS solution. Improvements allowed the generation and exporting of reports involving huge quantities of data to PDF or Excel.
- Worked on the water control system for the Segura Basin. Dealt with the analysis, design, and implementation of new features for the Basin Control Center including interfacing with an automatic telephone service. The project was done using C++, InfoPlus.21, SCADA, and an Oracle database.
- Worked on the analysis, design, and implementation of a new automatic calculation system (using Java and ANTLR tool) and other Java modules for the back-end of a new SCADA system for dam auscultation against a MySQL database. Deployed as the water control system for the Ebro Basin and in dams managed by Iberdrola (Spain).
- Developed new features for the Basin Control Center (C++ services on Windows) of the River Tagus Basin. I oversaw the deployment of a new communication system and network of more than 200 embedded x86-based remote units based on Linux as well as the implementation of systems for remote administration and update capabilities for these remote units.
- Developed automatic ventilation algorithms (PHP and proprietary languages) for the tunnel control system of Madrid Calle-30. I configured, deployed, optimized, and troubleshot ERU systems, with a special focus on ventilation and fire detection subsystems. I also developed several features aimed at improving the scalability and robustness of the remote control unit so that it could support a larger number of I/O signals and connections (C++ for embedded Linux system using x86 arch).
- Deplyed and managed of internal Linux and Windows servers (CVS, SVN, Git).
- Web Developer and System Administrator2015 - 2015Navigate Oceania (via Toptal)
Technologies: WordPress, PHP
- Fixed problems in a multi-domain site where the content should be replicated in all the sites.
- Fixed a hacked WordPress installation.
- Added space for advertisements in all the pages.
- Fixed problems with translations in the site.
- Updated and cleaned up the plugins used in the site, as many of them weren't needed.
- Web Developer & Technical Consultant2010 - 2012Miguel Buckenmeyer & Co.
Technologies: PHP, WordPress, HTML, CSS
- Created, installed, and managed WordPress sites.
- Integrated a web-based file manager in a PHP custom site and helped to solve problems in it due to the usage of Java-based plugins.
- Provided technical assistance for the projects.
- Customized an advanced WordPress template, implementing a grid design for the articles.
- Tweaked a PHP-based website for a Spanish perfume company, solving some problems and programming some new features.
- Manager of Version Control Systems/C++ Developer2005 - 2006Entelgy
Technologies: CVS, C++
- Led the integration management effort for all Movistar prepayment projects (Spain and Latin America) and the administration of several Linux and Solaris CVS servers.
- Contributed to the implementation of new features for the Movistar Spain prepayment project. This involved C++ multi-architecture development and an extensive use of C++ templates.
- Web Developer, Project Leader, Systems and Database Manager.2003 - 2005Desarrollo y Recursos
Technologies: PHP, Debian, Sendmail, Apache, Dovecot
- Contributed to the administration, automation, and modernization of web (Apache+MySQL+PHP) and mail servers (Sendmail + Dovecot). Helped define policies for security, configuration management, development, and backups.
- Developed a custom workflow and file management system for San Carlos Clinic Hospital (Madrid, Spain) using PHP for web programming and FDF for printable/electronic forms.
- Designed and implemented of an online showcase.
- Analyzed, designed, and implemented customized services for www.iea.es.
- Worked on the analysis, design, and implementation of a service for getting optimal routes between museums.
- Co-owner/System Manager/Software Developer2000 - 2003Advanced Software Production Line
- Helped install, manage, support, and boost security in Debian GNU/Linux servers and firewalls for small and medium enterprise environments.
- Managed projects and, analyzed, designed, and implemented an AF-Architecture, a multi-tier modular architecture for enterprise software development under GPL open license. The project web page was programmed using a PHP-based app, TYPO3.
- Analyzed, designed, and implemented a CMS system for the firm webpage (www.aspl.es) using PHP.