CTO2016 - PRESENTBallStreet Trading
- Developed a greenfield mobile app in Ionic 2.
- Guided a UX consulting team to produce beautiful designs for our platform.
- Managed several part-time developers.
- Built a real-time trading engine to power our system, with a true stock market style order book and near-instantaneous settlement of trades.
- Helped pitch to a multitude of investors to raise capital for the company.
- Did the software architecture and design for the entire software platform.
Adjunct Professor2011 - PRESENTStevens Institute of Technology
- Taught introductory programming.
- Taught advanced systems programming for Unix environments.
- Taught advanced network stack code, including a reimplementation of the TCP/IP networking stack.
- Managed graduate students who wanted to pursue independent study.
CTO2012 - 2016FunnelFire
Technologies: Distributed Systems, Email, SendGrid, Ionic, Angular, WebSockets, SignalR, ASP.NET MVC, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, RabbitMQ, RavenDB, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, TypeScript, C#, Mobile
- Built a real-time sales intelligence engine from the ground up.
- Wrote sophisticated back-end code that crawled various APIs such as Facebook and Twitter as well as scraping various internet pages to build rich profiles on companies.
- Built a real-time front end that integrated with the back end using SignalR/websockets to update company profiles on the user's screen as soon as new information was available.
- Fetched news from a variety of sources, such as Facebook feeds, RSS, and a news API, and stored it in Elasticsearch before generating feeds that were relevant to company profiles.
- Managed and mentored several developers.
CTO2010 - 2014FivePM Technology
- Developed a real-time vehicle tracking and dispatch system.
- Worked with Windows Azure cloud technology to use as back-end infrastructure in order to ensure the fulfillment of service level agreements.
- Used enterprise service bus middleware technology to handle all requests by users or vehicles.
- Developed hardware and software for a Linux-based embedded computer platform to put onto vehicles to report vehicle location, handle fare collection, and deliver information needed by passengers or operators.
- Managed interns responsible for large projects such as a system-wide administrative console intuitive for city administrators.
- Interfaced with the cell phone text message system to develop a short-code SMS mechanism for locating buses.
- Built a call-in system that used text-to-speech to read the vehicle location and ETA, after a senior citizen user study.
- Developed apps for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone 7 by leveraging both Java/Swift as well as Xamarin.
Software Developer/Analyst2009 - 2012Deutsche Bank
Technologies: Distributed Systems, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Prism, Java, .NET, C#
- Developed a real-time log file analysis engine for legacy bank applications.
- Created an automated testing framework for a trade processing loader, facilitating an upgrade to Geneva 7.6.
- Developed a “high-bandwidth” framework in C# in parallel to and compatible with a Java framework, avoiding garbage collection and other activities that could cause a performance lag.
- Implemented and managed a collaborative development environment, bringing teammates from Bangalore, the United Kingdom, and the United States together on one platform. Developed business processes for use of the environment.
- Created a scheduler system allowing business users unfamiliar with IT to schedule complex jobs.
- Created a wrapper around a buggy vendor tool to avoid a $15,000 redevelopment task by the vendor.
IT Integrations Consultant2008 - 2009World Travel Group
Technologies: Hyper-V, Microsoft Exchange, VMware, Windows Server, Google Apps, Postfix, SMTP
- Planned, tested, and integrated a full overhaul of IT solutions, replacing a dozen legacy servers with a virtualization platform.
- Successfully outsourced email to Microsoft Hosted Services on an Exchange platform after a test period involving both Google Mail and Microsoft Exchange.