Verified Expert in Engineering
Dawid is a full-stack technical leader, web solution architect, and scrum advocate. He's passionate about applying logical thinking and work optimization to businesses and acknowledging the thought process behind his clients' needs. Dawid is ambitious and excited about new technologies; he strives to create the best possible solutions with regard to set goals.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Ubuntu, Agile, Git, Jira, Figma, Slack, Discord, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Agile Software Development, Responsive Design, React, React Query, Web Applications
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on is a COVID-19 workplace safety app helping track employees' health, tests, vaccines, and doctor's appointments, used by 100,000+ users.
Vanderbloemen Search Group, Inc
- Designed and created an assessment tool for the executive job market, serving the applicants to find out their strengths and weaknesses, as well as recruiters to match the person with a perfect opportunity.
- Designed a scalable serverless architecture on AWS to support the app.
- Cooperated with the business side to establish, refine, and estimate the functional and technical requirements.
- Collaborated with the design team to ensure a good user experience in end-user experience and back-office app usability.
- Prepared a flexible custom content management panel allowing easy updates to the assessment and marketing data.
Web Solution Architect
Freelance Client (via Toptal)
- Designed a flexible and scalable architecture for a dynamically growing system with adherence to the base requirements and constraints.
- Led the development of a secure and highly customizable data management and visualization app used by the highest branches of a government (country undisclosed).
- Led the requirements refinement and translated them into features described in user stories.
- Designed and developed a role-based access system used throughout the app for accessing the presentation and data administration layers.
- Designed and developed a complex data management layer with a role-based access system and time-sensitive workflows for new data input.
- Participated in designing the UX and UI by providing technical input and valuable feedback in talks with the designers, often backing it up by creating baseline wireframes.
- Managed and mentored a team of two to four software engineers.
- Led the process of introducing scrum practices to the team.
- Created an MVP for an app allowing the users to browse a massive data schema and receive an example set of results.
- Worked in an agile, fast-paced team with a very short feedback loop.
- Integrated an email form automatically, including the data entered by the end user.
- Designed an efficient app structure using GraphQL schema stitching to allow for quick schema expansion once the data is provided.
- Developed an online course catalog for thousands of students registered on the platform, enabling easy class selection and enrollment.
- Contributed to building the back-office apps for instructors and administrators to manage the courses, curriculum, and user schedules.
- Codesigned the system architecture with consideration for end-user app performance and efficient development process.
- Set up the front-end apps' structure and build process in a monorepo repository allowing front- and back-office apps to reuse logic and UI components.
- Served as a tech lead and mentored junior to mid-level developers, focusing on a down-to-earth problem-solving approach and high code review quality.
- Took an active part in the UI/UX design process by closely cooperating with designers, actively proposing solutions to improve user experience, and drawing wireframes on occasion.
- Set the work direction through business requirements refinement and constantly strove to improve the team workflows and strategies by promoting Agile solutions.
- Led the front-end development process of a cryptocurrency exchange market and developed real-time updated views, optimizing the app's performance.
- Participated in designing and developing the front-end part of a P2P capital market decentralized application.
- Developed a COVID-19 workplace safety app helping to track employees' health, tests, vaccines, and doctor's appointments, allowing safe onsite work for multiple large companies across the US, used by 100,000+ users up to date.
- Designed and developed a helper app for a large cryptocurrency trading company, featuring portfolio management tools and various metrics visualizations with real-time data through integrations with most major cryptocurrency market APIs.
- Served as a technical interviewer in the recruitment process for Node.js/React developer role candidates.
- Contributed to developing a manufacturing execution system used for planning, tracking, and visualization of manufacturing processes used by multiple clients in large-scale production environments.
- Developed a mobile application for the MES system, mainly used by shop-floor workers to track their assignments and production orders, allowing for easier QA procedures and reporting their work status.
- Implemented flexible server connection mechanisms for a mobile application enabling multi-facility clients to switch easily between internal sites' networks as well as connect to cloud services.
Government Projects and KPIs Data Visualization Tool
In the project, I was the solution architect and technical leader. Besides actual implementation, my responsibilities involved maintaining the high codebase quality through code review, cooperating with the design team to ensure proper user experience, mentoring the team members, and, most importantly, translating and refining the requirements into small, independent, and well-defined features about the customizable nature of the system.
Cryptocurrency Trading Helper
The project required developing algorithms for efficiently taking huge amounts of data into account while calculating the metrics based on the entire data set. Data was polled with set frequency and then parsed, aggregated, and stored in the DynamoDB together with some metadata calculated incrementally. It allowed for a fast on-demand response to feeding the charts with freshly calculated metrics.
The other major feature was the portfolio management tool, which acquired data from external APIs. Its role was to aggregate the data from multiple sources and display it on the dashboard. The system allowed manual inputs and overrides to account for the assets stored on services with no programmatic state acquisition.
COVID-19 Workplace Safety Apphttps://www.withhealth.com/workplace-safety/
The system was hosted by AWS and was written in TypeScript using Node.js/Express and React together with PostgreSQL.
Some of the biggest challenges were sending out emails/text messages to many users and allowing the employee surveying and risk calculation logic to be highly customizable between enterprise clients.
Manufacturing Execution System Mobile App
The app was used mainly by shop-floor workers to track their assignments and production orders using native device possibilities to facilitate the tedious processes like reporting discrepancies, orders states and quality assurance. Submitted data was aggregated and analyzed to help management make informed decisions for the production processes.
The biggest challenges lay in keeping the app in implementing flexible server connection mechanisms for a mobile application enabling multi-facility clients to switch easily between internal sites' networks and connect to cloud services. Another interesting feature was that the app did not require a constant network connection. It could be used anywhere in the facility where the network might not have been available, so caching and synchronizing the data with server mechanisms were required.
MUI (Material UI), Express.js, Cypress, Jest, Next.js, Tailwind CSS, Angular, NestJS, Ionic, AngularJS, Redux, Jasmine, Ant Design, JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
React, Ramda, Node.js, REST APIs, LocalStorage, Emotion Library, Twilio API, Chai, Stripe, Antd, Google Maps, Stripe API, FusionCharts, Recharts, Azure Blob Storage API, React Redux, Formik, Pandas
Git, Figma, Front-end Build Tools, Jira, Amazon Cognito, Webpack, GitLab, Amazon CloudWatch, Postman, Slack, GitLab CI/CD, SuperTest, GitHub, Cordova Plugins, Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon EKS, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Yarn Workspaces, Babel, Azure Active Directory B2C (ADB2C), Karma, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon CloudFront CDN, Stripe Checkout, Google Analytics
Agile, Functional Programming, REST, Agile Software Development, Unit Testing, Functional Testing, Responsive Layout, B2B, Scrum, Microservices, Testing, Event-driven Programming, Test-driven Development (TDD), E2E Testing, Serverless Architecture, Role-based Access Control (RBAC), Management, UX Design, Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Ubuntu, AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Azure, Azure Functions, Blockchain, Firebase, Salesforce
RDBMS, PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Microsoft SQL Server, Amazon DynamoDB, NoSQL, Relational Databases
Styled-components, Responsive UI, APIs, Full-stack, Front-end, Front-end Development, Responsive Web Apps, Data Visualization, UI Components, Technical Leadership, Code Review, Web App Development, Charts, Dashboards, API Integration, Back-end, Web Development, Responsive Design, Startups, React Query, Web Applications, Graphs, Software Engineering, Monorepos, User Interface (UI), Performance, User Experience (UX), Full-stack Development, Serverless, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Website Performance, Solution Architecture, Apollo, Architecture, Team Leadership, Leadership, Design Systems, API Design, Integration, WebSockets, Technical Architecture, Remote Team Leadership, Fintech, Software Architecture, SVG, Integration Testing, PLC, Microcontrollers, FPGA, Control Systems, Discord, Percy, Cordova, Product Ownership, Payment APIs, Widgets, Finance, Lambda Functions, AmCharts, i18n, Azure Boards, Web Security, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), Amazon RDS, SEO Tools, CI/CD Pipelines, Single Sign-on (SSO), OAuth, Cryptography, Vercel, HubSpot, Forms, Google Analytics 4, Google Tag Manager, Design
Master's Degree in Automatic Control and Robotics
AGH University of Science and Technology - Kraków, Poland
Engineer's Degree in Automatic Control and Robotics
AGH University of Science and Technology - Kraków, Poland
AWS Certified Developer - Associate
Amazon Web Services