Lead Infrastructure Engineer2016 - PRESENTIMHIO, Ltd.
Technologies: Security, Scripting, Management, Infrastructure, Ansible, Terraform, Linux, Docker, Docker Compose, Technical Support, NGINX, Apache2, PHP-FPM, PHP 7, Software & Hardware Maintenance, CI/CD Pipelines, Postfix, Dovecot, SSL Configurations, Certbot, Amazon Route 53, PostgreSQL, Iptables, OpenVPN, Sphinx Search Engine, Redis, RAID, Cloudflare, ClickHouse, OVH, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, HAProxy, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Microservices, Prometheus, SSL Certificates, Load Balancers, Database Replication, Distributed Replicated Block Device (DRBD), Database Backups, Consul, MySQL, Grafana, Apache, FFmpeg, Monitoring, NFS, IPMI, Exim4, IT Security, Node.js, Memcached, Regex, Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), Failover Solutions, Clustering, Web Servers, Cloud, DevOps, Shell Scripting, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), GoCD, Git, GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment, Server Infrastructure, Cloud Infrastructure, Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Bash, Bash Script, GitHub, Selenium, Datadog, Kubernetes, LEMP, PHP, Oracle Linux, CentOS, MariaDB
- Led a team in the build of a geographically distributed hybrid infrastructure on top of bare-metal servers and cloud tech.
- Transformed the above-mentioned infrastructure from the cloud, added continuous delivery/deployment and monitoring, and implemented automated deployment using Terraform/Ansible.
- Created fault-tolerant 200TB video storage; also configured adaptive streaming based on HLS/DASH technologies.
- Developed a horizontally scaled cluster for PHP/Sphinx-based search engine. The cluster served more than 5 million unique users per month.
Senior System Administrator2013 - 2016SmartClick, Ltd.
Technologies: Linux, PHP 5, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Networking, Ansible, SaltStack, MySQL, Memcached, Sphinx Search Engine, KVS, WordPress, Joomla, NGINX, Apache, Load Balancers, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), Video Streaming, FFmpeg, PHP-FPM, Regex, FreeBSD, Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), Monitoring, Software & Hardware Maintenance, Infrastructure, Amazon Route 53, Iptables, OpenVPN, Redis, RAID, AWS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), ClickHouse, HAProxy, MongoDB, RPM Packaging, Certbot, SSL Certificates, Database Replication, Distributed Replicated Block Device (DRBD), Database Backups, NFS, IPMI, Docker, Apache2, IT Security, SSL Configurations, Failover Solutions, Clustering, Web Servers, Cloud, Scripting, Shell Scripting, Git, Management, Bash, Bash Script, LEMP, PHP, CentOS, Oracle Linux, MariaDB
- Built website infrastructures based on the Kernel Video Sharing CMS engine.
- Created a distributed and fault-tolerant infrastructure for Sphinx/PHP-based search engine application from scratch.
- Managed the setup of the technical support workflow based on the Request Tracker tool.
System Support Engineer2011 - 2013Technoweb, Ltd.
Technologies: Linux, FreeBSD, Apache, NGINX, PHP 5, PHP-FPM, MySQL, Memcached, Redis, KVS, Nagios, Windows Server 2003, NFS, Technical Support, RAID, Networking, IPMI, Software & Hardware Maintenance, Iptables, Database Backups, Monitoring, IT Security, Web Servers, Servers, Scripting, Shell Scripting, Server Infrastructure, Bash, Bash Script, LEMP, PHP, CentOS
- Configured and supported dozens of servers and hundreds of HTTP services for the company's customers.
- Configured and supported Dell servers remotely through IPMI.
- Contributed to software compilation from sources on FreeBSD and Linux operating systems.
System and Network Administrator2009 - 2011Atlant-OPT, Ltd.
Technologies: Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Postfix, Dovecot, MySQL, Apache, NGINX, Nagios, Software & Hardware Maintenance, PostgreSQL, Enterprise, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Mobile, Antivirus Software, Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP), Technical Support, IT Security, Azure Active Directory, Samba, DNS Servers, Infrastructure, Iptables, RAID, Database Backups, Windows Server 2003, Monitoring, IPMI, Server Maintenance, Cabling, Web Servers, Servers, Scripting, Shell Scripting, Management, Bash, Bash Script, Ubuntu Linux, Debian
- Replaced an old FreeBSD-based network gateway to modern Linux.
- Provided technical support for more than 100 company employees.
- Developed a company network infrastructure from physical to application layer accordingly to the OSI model.
System Administrator2008 - 2009IT-Apex, Ltd.
Technologies: Linux, Windows, Networking, Antivirus Software, Azure Active Directory, Technical Support, MySQL, MSSQLCE, Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP), RRAS, Bash Script, Exim4, Dovecot, Server Maintenance, Terminal Servers, Infrastructure, Windows Server 2003, Microsoft SQL Server, IT Security, Samba, Cabling, Servers, Management, Server Infrastructure, CentOS, Ubuntu Linux
- Discovered the root cause of an issue and fixed a major network outage.
- Detected a worm known as Conficker on several Windows computers; then created and applied a recovery plan.
- Fixed all issues with the company network gateway based on Windows.
Junior System Engineer2006 - 2008PolyPlast, Ltd.
Technologies: Linux, Windows, Terminal Servers, Technical Support, Software & Hardware Maintenance, Video Surveillance, Cabling, Windows Server 2003, Server Maintenance, Servers, Ubuntu Linux, Debian
- Setup the hardware and helped with Linux-based software configuration for the video surveillance system.
- Contributed to the structured cable system development for the entire office local area network.
- Maintained the office hardware and provided technical support for company employees.