Verified Expert in Engineering
Diego is a full-stack developer and software craftsman with over eight years of experience working with startups and enterprises and helping thousands of people worldwide achieve their goals. He has developed solutions for eCommerce, business intelligence, logistics software, architecture and construction, social networks, and learning management systems. In addition to continuously learning and applying new technologies, Diego has taught a Udemy course taken by more than 4,500 professionals.
GitLab, GitHub, Jira, Asana, Slack, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is the internationalization and localization of Reddit, which made it available for many other countries.
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed and implemented a custom app that serves over 5,000 engineers, allowing for efficient tracking and measurement of performance regression issues, resulting in improved system performance and efficiency.
- Contributed to one of the most significant regression detection systems improving regression detection accuracy and mitigation by 70% using a modern machine learning approach.
- Managed the migration of the UI tech stack in an internal system, resulting in a marked enhancement of performance and a drastic reduction in loading times by 80%.
- Taught 15,000+ people around the world about new web technologies through a course offered by Udemy.
- Hired, coached, and led a cross-functional team of UX/UI designers, marketing traffickers, video producers, and developers to build my personal brand and content.
- Developed a business website with best practices and new technologies, achieving over 95% in SEO and performance on all indicators in Google Insights and Lighthouse.
- Created content and social media marketing strategies to lead a community of software developers.
Senior Software Engineer
- Improved the whole Reddit UI to be more flexible and i18n-ready, using React and FBT.
- Collaborated with huge teams to localize Reddit for many languages and countries. The languages included German, Italian, Spanish, French, and Portuguese.
- Developed an entire automated workflow to integrate i18n and i10n into Reddit, using Drone CI, Spinnaker, and Kubernetes.
- Integrated a brand new workflow and patterns with other internationally-minded teams to develop and scale new i18n and i10n-ready features using Drone CI and developed plugins with ESLint and Node.js.
Senior Software Engineer
- Enabled thousands of users of the most well-known architecture software to visualize their data in a graph-based view.
- Integrated design-driven development (D3) in an Angular application for visualization of user data.
- Assisted with integrating React-based design system components in Angular.
- Developed new UI features using Figma design in Angular components.
- Translated customer needs into requirements for a new application and module.
- Developed, from scratch, a new Electron application for Windows desktop.
- Assisted with the integration of a new E2E testing tool, Cypress.
Senior Software Developer
- Developed a Shopify app to help an app-based business startup offer pick-up as the shipment method for many stores and thousands of clients.
- Led a small team (one to five members) to develop a platform, eCommerce, and landing page for a pet-localization business.
- Developed private apps and eCommerce templates for Shopify and VTEX, the two most widely used eCommerce platforms.
- Developed a new internal platform to help clients improve their businesses using data analysis and business intelligence software (while working for the leading logistics software consultancy in Mexico).
- Contributed to Microsoft open-source Node.js and Microsoft Power BI APIs.
- Created open-source Angular components to help people consume Power BI data and graphs from a browser.
- Worked on Apache Superset and Power BI integrations through React and Node.js apps.
- Developed an internal tool, similar to a learning management system (LMS), that helps the netLogistiK employees organize their internal company trainings and courses and helps trainers manage their courses.
- Gathered requirements and played a key role in designing the LMS-based system.
- Collaborated with other business departments and used Agile methodologies to gain early feedback about the LMS MVP.
- Developed custom, centralized eCommerce front ends for multiple stores, using reusable UI components and React.
- Implemented and integrated early stages of a React server-side rendering (aka isomorphic React).
- Worked on integrations between the back-end team (REST APIs) and the UI team (UI/UX design).
Junior Software Developer
- Developed a prototype MVP for a web and mobile competition with the intention of helping people use a public transport system more efficiently. The prototype was a GIST Tech-I Competition finalist in 2015.
- Assisted with maintaining and improving the company website.
- Worked in the engineering and innovation area to research and test new software technologies for use in future products.
Data Visualization App
Next.js and Tailwind CSS Masterclass
Tabata HIIT Apphttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.bonsaitech.tabatapro
Tweet 2 Image Web App
Redux, Next.js, Koa, Express.js, Angular, Tailwind CSS, NestJS, Bootstrap, OAuth 2, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Electron, Cypress, Jest, React Native, Flask, Spring, Relay, Apache Thrift, Django
React, REST APIs, Node.js, JSON API, Liquid, D3.js, React Router, RxJS, NgRx, InversifyJS, Twitter API, Styled-jsx, Redux-Saga
GitHub, JSX, Slack, Asana, React Apollo, Babel, Git, Jira, GitLab, Android Studio, Webpack, Mocha
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Agile, Design Patterns, REST, Microservices, Microservices Architecture, Testing
APIs, Full-stack, Front-end, Back-end, Apollo, Apollo Server, Styled-components, eCommerce, ESLint, Gatsby, TypeORM, Apache Superset, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), RESTful Microservices, React Testing Library, FBT
MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Docker, Shopify, VTEX, Android, Linux, Drone CI, Spinnaker, Kubernetes
MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL
Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering
Universidad Abierta y a Distancia de México - Mexico City, MX
React: Building Large Apps
React.js ITEMS-Wizeline Certification