Senior Software Engineer2022 - PRESENTMeta
Technologies: Hack, PHP, Python, React, Relay, Apache Thrift, Django
- Designed and implemented a custom app that serves over 5,000 engineers, allowing for efficient tracking and measurement of performance regression issues, resulting in improved system performance and efficiency.
- Contributed to one of the most significant regression detection systems improving regression detection accuracy and mitigation by 70% using a modern machine learning approach.
- Managed the migration of the UI tech stack in an internal system, resulting in a marked enhancement of performance and a drastic reduction in loading times by 80%.
Founder2019 - PRESENTSelf-employed
Technologies: Docker, ESLint, Apollo Server, Apollo, Sass, Prismic, Headless Software, Tailwind CSS, GraphQL, Gatsby, Next.js, NestJS
- Taught 15,000+ people around the world about new web technologies through a course offered by Udemy.
- Hired, coached, and led a cross-functional team of UX/UI designers, marketing traffickers, video producers, and developers to build my personal brand and content.
- Developed a business website with best practices and new technologies, achieving over 95% in SEO and performance on all indicators in Google Insights and Lighthouse.
- Created content and social media marketing strategies to lead a community of software developers.
Senior Software Engineer2021 - 2022
Technologies: React, Redux, Drone CI, Spinnaker, Kubernetes, Docker, Git, Jest, React Testing Library, FBT
- Improved the whole Reddit UI to be more flexible and i18n-ready, using React and FBT.
- Collaborated with huge teams to localize Reddit for many languages and countries. The languages included German, Italian, Spanish, French, and Portuguese.
- Developed an entire automated workflow to integrate i18n and i10n into Reddit, using Drone CI, Spinnaker, and Kubernetes.
- Integrated a brand new workflow and patterns with other internationally-minded teams to develop and scale new i18n and i10n-ready features using Drone CI and developed plugins with ESLint and Node.js.
Senior Software Engineer2019 - 2021Autodesk
- Enabled thousands of users of the most well-known architecture software to visualize their data in a graph-based view.
- Integrated design-driven development (D3) in an Angular application for visualization of user data.
- Assisted with integrating React-based design system components in Angular.
- Developed new UI features using Figma design in Angular components.
- Translated customer needs into requirements for a new application and module.
- Developed, from scratch, a new Electron application for Windows desktop.
- Assisted with the integration of a new E2E testing tool, Cypress.
Senior Software Developer2017 - 2019Atoms eCommerce
- Developed a Shopify app to help an app-based business startup offer pick-up as the shipment method for many stores and thousands of clients.
- Led a small team (one to five members) to develop a platform, eCommerce, and landing page for a pet-localization business.
- Developed private apps and eCommerce templates for Shopify and VTEX, the two most widely used eCommerce platforms.
Software Engineer2017 - 2017netLogistiK
Technologies: NestJS, Microsoft Power BI, MySQL, Spring, Java, Apache Superset, PostgreSQL, InversifyJS, TypeScript, D3.js, Angular, Express.js, Node.js, Redux, React, Flask, Python
- Developed a new internal platform to help clients improve their businesses using data analysis and business intelligence software (while working for the leading logistics software consultancy in Mexico).
- Contributed to Microsoft open-source Node.js and Microsoft Power BI APIs.
- Created open-source Angular components to help people consume Power BI data and graphs from a browser.
- Worked on Apache Superset and Power BI integrations through React and Node.js apps.
- Developed an internal tool, similar to a learning management system (LMS), that helps the netLogistiK employees organize their internal company trainings and courses and helps trainers manage their courses.
- Gathered requirements and played a key role in designing the LMS-based system.
- Collaborated with other business departments and used Agile methodologies to gain early feedback about the LMS MVP.
Software Developer2016 - 2016FutureCommerce
Technologies: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Docker, Babel, Koa, Express.js, Node.js, React Router, Redux, React
- Developed custom, centralized eCommerce front ends for multiple stores, using reusable UI components and React.
- Implemented and integrated early stages of a React server-side rendering (aka isomorphic React).
- Worked on integrations between the back-end team (REST APIs) and the UI team (UI/UX design).
Junior Software Developer2015 - 2015RichIT
- Developed a prototype MVP for a web and mobile competition with the intention of helping people use a public transport system more efficiently. The prototype was a GIST Tech-I Competition finalist in 2015.
- Assisted with maintaining and improving the company website.
- Worked in the engineering and innovation area to research and test new software technologies for use in future products.