Verified Expert in Engineering
Donovan has been a freelance web developer for five years, providing quality solutions to many corporate clients. His most recent job was to rewrite a company's customer-facing portal using modern web tech (AngularJS) for a better experience and 10x improved performance. He also has a data science background.
Git, Vim Text Editor, Sublime Text, MacOS
The most amazing...
...program I've written is a quad-tree-based run of a simulation of celestial bodies moving through space and interacting with each other via gravitational forces.
Sunny Hills Palladium
- Worked with stakeholders who knew very little about the system they wanted in order to determine the best solution for their needs.
- Used MongoDB to persist important business information with appropriate security and backups.
- Created RESTful API using Node and Express.
- Built a complex interface for managers and a simple, responsive interface for workers to use in the field.
- Hosted the back-end on Amazon Web Services for affordability and reliability.
- Worked with the client to find the most effective way of promoting their global brand.
- Created a simple and effective informational website for ease of use and quick understanding.
- Set up a payment system that accounted for over 90% of charitable sales for the organization.
- Implemented a custom CMS so the client could update information that changed from year to year.
- Set up a monitoring system to ensure that the site remained functional during peak seasonal usage.
- Rewrote the customer-facing web portal in Angular to handle increased user load and to improve performance.
- Designed a user interface based on business requirements using elements from material design.
- Developed a RESTful interface for communicating with Java back-end (Mongo database and Broadsoft for telephony configuration).
- Created an automated build system with Gulp to facilitate continuous delivery.
- Managed ten other developers, assigning Sprint tasks.
jQuery, Node.js, React, Backbone.Marionette, MPI, Backbone.js
Django REST Framework, AngularJS, Express.js, Angular, Bootstrap
Functional Programming, Agile Software Development
Sublime Text, Vim Text Editor, Git, Grunt, Gulp, Chrome Developer Tools
MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Unix
Nanodegree in Data Analytics
Udacity - Online
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Georgia Institute of Technology - Atlanta