Bash Developer in Saint Paul, MN, United States
DevOps and SRE Consultant2007 - PRESENTSolo Workforce, Inc.
Technologies: Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Istio, Helm, Perl, Bash, Linux
- Implemented DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering for multiple clients resulting in improved agility in development, improvements in stability, and revenue growth exceeding 23x.
- Implemented Site Reliability Engineering that improved availability to exceed 5 nines.
- Experienced with Linux back to the 0.8x kernel versions circa 1993 and all major distributions.
- Awarded Brainbench Most Valuable Professional for Linux Administration by scoring in the top 1% worldwide.
- Received Brainbench Most Valuable Professional for Networking Concepts by scoring in the top 1% worldwide.
- Achieved Brainbench Most Valuable Professional for Internet Security by scoring in the top 1% worldwide.
- Experienced with a wide range of industries, from aviation to startups and technology.
- USPS.COM Migration/DevOps/Site Reliability Enginering (SRE) Project (Development)http://usps.com
USPS is not covered by NDA, so I can discuss freely. As a result of my involvement in the USPS.COM project, outages improved from occurring weekly to having 99.999%+ availability. DevOps and SRE efforts were very successful and resulted in more than 23x revenue growth while reducing operational overhead by approximately 50%.
LanguagesPerl, Bash, PHP, PHP 7, PHP 5+, PHP 5, C, SQL, Python, Python 3, Ruby, Java, C++, Solidity
FrameworksCatalyst, AWS HA, OAuth 2, Ruby on Rails 5, CFEngine 3
Libraries/APIsOpenID, OpenSSL, jQuery, Facebook Login
ToolsAmazon SQS, AWS-CLI, AWS CLI, AWS SES, Terraform, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Puppet, ELK (Elastic Stack), Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, Git, Subversion (SVN), CVS, KVM/Qemu, Veritas Cluster Server, Shibboleth, OpenSSH, Grafana, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Nagios, VMware, CircleCI, Travis CI, GitHub, Android Studio
ParadigmsDevOps, Scrum, Agile, ETL
PlatformsLinux, Embedded Linux, Ubuntu Linux, Kubernetes, AWS EC2, Xen, Docker, Moose, KVM, Solaris, AIX, KornShell, Debian, Debian Linux, Heroku, Oracle, Blockchain, Blockchain Platforms, OpenStack, Red Hat OpenShift, AIXL
StorageMySQL, MySQLi, MySQL DBA, AWS S3, AWS RDS, Linux File Systems, Data Centers, SQLite, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, PostgreSQL 10.1, Veritas Volume Manager
OtherRelational Database Services (RDS), Bash Scripting, perlpod, Site Reliability, Linux IPC, Linux SysAdmin, Linux System Calls, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Data Center Infrastructure, Scripting, Automation Scripting, Shell Scripting, Scripting Languages, Scraping, Web Scraping, Data Scraping, Security, Security Audits, Security Testing, Security Planning, PKI, Cryptography, QA Automation, QA Test Plan Management, Identity & Access Management (IAM), LDAP, OAuth, Network Security, Network Protocols, Debian Packaging, Futures & Options, Futures, Trading Systems, Options Trading, Stock Trading, Algorithmic Trading, Algorithmic Trading Analysis, Aviation, IoT Security, IoT Protocols, SSH, Prometheus, RTMP, Blockchain Technology
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science1992 - 1996Illinois Institute of Technology - Chicago, IL