DevOps and SRE Consultant2007 - PRESENTSolo Workforce, Inc.
Technologies: Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Istio, Helm, Perl, Bash, Linux
- Implemented DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering for multiple clients resulting in improved agility in development, improvements in stability, and revenue growth exceeding 23x.
- Implemented site reliability engineering that improved availability to exceed 5 nines.
- Experienced with Linux back to the 0.8x kernel versions circa 1993 and all major distributions.
- Awarded Brainbench Most Valuable Professional for Linux Administration by scoring in the top 1% worldwide.
- Received Brainbench Most Valuable Professional for Networking Concepts by scoring in the top 1% worldwide.
- Achieved Brainbench Most Valuable Professional for Internet Security by scoring in the top 1% worldwide.
- Experienced with a wide range of industries, from aviation to startups and technology.
DevSecOps engineer2019 - 2020Gaming Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: Cloudflare, Kubernetes, DigitalOcean, AWS, Gitlab, Istio, PostgreSQL, Laravel Forge, PHP
- Successfully worked to mitigate a DDoS attack that had taken them down for an extended period of time utilizing CloudFlare and performance tuning websites and PostgreSQL database.
- Implemented tuning of client's PostgreSQL database and schema to significantly improve query performance.
- Implemented network firewall rules to lock down access to servers.
- Migrated client application to Kubernetes for improved availability, monitoring, and code deployments.
- Performed security audit and performance tuning on client's custom Laravel PHP application.
DevOps engineer2019 - 2020Personal Wellness Company (via Toptal)
Technologies: Kubernetes, Git, Docker, Terraform, WordPress
- Helped this client to implement test driven development processes.
- Implemented CI/CD pipelines.
- Created Kubernetes clusters and cluster management processes.
- Taught client staff how to utilize new technologies and procedures.
- Improved security.
DevOps engineer2019 - 2020Biotechnology Company (via Toptal)
Technologies: Kubernetes, Git, Azure, Pytorch, Python, BERT, Docker, CI/CD, Stateful Sets, GPU integration with Kubernetes, Docker Registry, Packer, Helm, Istio, Kafka, Terraform
- Helped a startup in biotechnology to model biological processes using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence applications.
- Implemented Kubernetes with Terraform on Azure.
- Utilized OpenFAAS to create functions as a service within a Kubernetes cluster.
- Built Docker images using Packer within CI/CD pipelines.
- Used Kafka for data handling; Istio for service mesh, security, and auditing; and Redis for caching.
- Utilized a private Docker registry on Azure cloud.
DevOps Engineer2019 - 2019Finance Company (via Toptal)
Technologies: Kubernetes, Git, Docker, Terraform
- Utilized Terraform to deploy Kubernetes within a financial services environment and Terratest for TDD with Terraform.
- Cleaned up deployment process by implementing Gitlab CI/CD with tests and deployment to Kubernetes.
- Improved security with Hashicorp Vault secrets.
- Built Helm charts for client's application within CI/CD pipeline.