CTO2011 - 2016Seedrs
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Sphinx, Haml, Compass, Susy, AWS, Google API, Stripe, Twilio, RSpec, Cucumber, Phantom.js, Wkhtmltopdf, Jekyll, jQuery, Ember.js, MongoDB, Intercom, Salesforce
- Spearheaded the development team as its first hire, with the goal of building the initial MVP at a time when equity crowdfunding was an entirely new concept.
- Hired and managed the tech team after the initial product launch. The team grew to twelve developers organized into four sub-teams.
- Expanded the core product to handle new business cases, such as new payment methods, anti-fraud measures, investing in funds, investing in convertible equity rounds, and multiple currency support.
- Designed and developed tech solutions to strict regulatory and financial requirements, including a platform to reconcile financial operations and client funds daily.
- Evolved my own focus from strictly coding to Scrum master and product owner.
- Launched and managed an internal tool for staff members to review and approve the investment campaigns.
- Worked in close collaboration with other execs at the company.
Co-founder, Developer2008 - 2011Byclosure
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, GWT, jQuery, Cordova, RSpec, Cucumber, J2EE
- Bootstrapped the company with no initial investment by taking consulting projects with my two partners.
- Hired and coached a team that grew to four developers.
- Took active part in the implementation of the projects, ranging from simple admin interfaces to topical social networks and a railway passenger information system.
- Worked on a project for the Andalusian Autonomous Government, solving the infamous JAR class loading dependency hell they had.
- Learned how to sell projects to customers and sold a few of the most well-paid projects, including a remote project for the United Arab Emirates.
Web Developer2006 - 2008VILT
Technologies: J2EE, Vignette, jquery, Selenium, Maven, WebLogic
- Created a web framework based on J2EE and Vignette at a major banking institution in Spain.
- Implemented a Vignette-based ECM back-end solution and public site front-end using jQuery, supporting old browsers--such as IE6--at a large chemicals company.
- Provided interim sysadmin services to the internal team, including VoIP and QoS setup, and VPN between the Lisbon and Madrid offices.
- Investigated the VoIP space for a potential new area of business, including a one-week hands-on crash course on the VoIP B2B market.
- Solved a big performance problem in a SWAT-like four-day intervention for a big telco in Morocco. The company had their website down for a few weeks, having called several experts before. With my findings and recommendations, they were able to finally recover it.