Verified Expert in Engineering
Dusan is a full-stack Java and React developer with 13 years of software development experience. He's worked on several large projects, including Price2Spy, a tool for data web scraping for tracking competitor pricing on online shops, a social marketing tool for Adobe Marketing Cloud, and an in-flight connectivity tool for a leading airline connectivity provider, and API integrations for a SaaS analytics provider.
Apache Maven, Gradle, Windows, MacOS, Git, IntelliJ
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is a huge social network marketing platform for Adobe Marketing Cloud.
Senior Full-stack Developer
Patagonia Insurance, LLC
- Built a React-based front-end app from existing designs.
- Built a Java/Spring back end for our web platform.
- Implemented a full CI/CD pipeline.
- Set up AWS infrastructure for front end, back end, email sending, and more.
- Integrated our web platform with various third-party APIs (e.g., TrustedForm, LeadID, Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics, or Maxminds).
Senior Full-stack Developer
U Group (former Bytecubed) (via Toptal)
- Architected the Kafka backbone.
- Made key contributions to module integration architecture through the Kafka backbone.
- Developed back-end features in Java Spring and front ends in Angular and React.
Senior Java Engineer
Datasnap, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Implemented a data processing pipeline for processing trading events from a NASDAQ trading platform.
- Achieved very high throughput and very low latency in processing messages. An amount of 10GB of data (360 millions of trading events) is being processed (including data transformation, aggregation, and joins) in less than 20 minutes. End to end latency at the end of project was below 1 millisecond.
- Implemented a pluggable model to support different implementations for input reading and output format.
- Maintained full integration testing in a Docker container.
- Built a full CI/CD pipeline.
Senior Java Developer
MetaSaas (via Toptal)
- Worked on integrations with various SaaS vendors using mostly REST.
- Reviewed code and handled approvals for other developers.
- Mentored and helped new developers start with integrations.
- Developed an expenses matching mechanism using Expensify API and Elasticsearch.
- Helped create integration testing for new integrations.
Senior Java Developer
- Led the development of a back-end tool used by airlines to track usage of the GogoAir in-flight entertainment system in real time.
- Developed microservices (Spring REST services—Spring Cloud, Netflix OSS, AWS).
- Built a deployment process (Netflix OSS, AWS, Spring Cloud).
- Refactored some of the legacy code and migrated data from a data center to the cloud.
- Enhanced security in an existing system.
Senior Java Engineer/Scrum Master
- Led the remote element of a technical team.
- Developed core services for the Adobe social media marketing platform.
- Built a link shortening service to be used across the platform.
- Created a label management service for managing content tags/labels.
- Developed an asset service to store user assets to Amazon S3.
- Presented at "Pass it on" sessions to help other members of the company to gain knowledge.
Web Developer, System Administrator
- Contributed to the development of a tool for monitoring competitor prices on online shops.
- Handled the deployment lifecycle of the application.
- Maintained all application environments from development to production.
- Architected a huge MariaDB Galera cluster.
- Mentored juniors and worked on developing them as professionals.
- Set up and maintained a CI environment.
- Developed full-stack features (Java back-end, HTML/CSS/JS on UI).
Cisco Certified Network Associate
Adobe Social - Core Serviceshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIoGqPqKAv8
As part of the MetaSaas team, my role was to develop more complicated integrations to SaaS vendors and to do code reviews and quality checks for other developers. This involved using REST, OAuth, JWT, and more.
SQL, Java, TypeScript
Spring, OAuth 2, Dropwizard, JUnit, Angular, Spring Boot, Jersey, JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
React, Apache Lucene, JDBI, MyBatis
RabbitMQ, Solr, IntelliJ, Git, Gradle, Apache Maven, Subversion (SVN)
Reactive Programming, Microservices, Back-end Architecture, Continuous Delivery (CD), Scrum, Test-driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), REST, Agile, Continuous Deployment
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Apache Kafka, MacOS, Ubuntu, Windows
MongoDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Microsoft SQL Server, H2, Redis, MySQL, MariaDB, Elasticsearch, HBase, Cassandra
Netflix OSS, Networks, JPPF, Spring Cloud, OAuth
Cisco Certified Network Associate in Computer Networking
Cisco Net Academy - FTN Rao, Novi Sad Serbia
Master's Degree in Microcomputer Electronics
Faculty of Technical Sciences - Novi Sad
AWS Certified Solutions Architect — Associate
Amazon Web Services