Senior Java Developer2017 - PRESENTGogo, LLC
Technologies: Java, Spring Cloud, AWS
- Led the development of a back-end tool used by airlines to track usage of the GogoAir in-flight entertainment system in real time.
- Developed microservices (Spring REST services—Spring Cloud, Netflix OSS, AWS).
- Built a deployment process (Netflix OSS, AWS, Spring Cloud).
- Refactored some of the legacy code and migrated data from a data center to the cloud.
- Enhanced security in an existing system.
Senior Java Engineer2018 - 2018Datasnap inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, Apache Kafka, Confluent, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
- Implemented a data processing pipeline for processing trading events from a NASDAQ trading platform.
- Achieved very high throughput and very low latency in processing messages. An amount of 10GB of data (360 millions of trading events) are being processed (including data transformation, aggregation and joins) in less than 20 minutes. End to end latency at the end of project was below 1 millisecond.
- Implemented a pluggable model to support different implementations for input reading and output format.
- Maintained full integration testing in a Docker container.
- Built a full CI/CD pipeline.
Senior Java Developer2017 - 2018MetaSaas (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, REST, JWT, OAuth, OAuth 2.0, Elasticsearch, MyBatis
- Worked on integrations with various SaaS vendors using mostly REST.
- Reviewed code and handled approvals for other developers.
- Mentored and helped new developers start with integrations.
- Developed an expenses matching mechanism using Expensify API and Elasticsearch.
- Helped create integration testing for new integrations.
Senior Java Engineer/Scrum Master2015 - 2017Endava d.o.o.
Technologies: Java, Dropwizard, REST, Jersey, JDBI, HBase, MySQL, Git, Scrum, Agile
- Led the remote element of a technical team.
- Developed core services for the Adobe social media marketing platform.
- Built a link shortening service to be used across the platform.
- Created a label management service for managing content tags/labels.
- Developed an asset service to store user assets to Amazon S3.
- Presented at "Pass it on" sessions to help other members of the company to gain knowledge.
Web Developer, System Administrator2010 - 2015Webcentric d.o.o.
Technologies: Java, MyBatis, JPPF, MariaDB, Spring Framework, SVN
- Contributed to the development of a tool for monitoring competitor prices on online shops.
- Handled the deployment lifecycle of the application.
- Maintained all application environments from development to production.
- Architected a huge MariaDB Galera cluster.
- Mentored juniors and worked on developing them as professionals.
- Set up and maintained a CI environment.
- Developed full-stack features (Java back-end, HTML/CSS/JS on UI).