Python Engineer2016 - PRESENTDwight D. Cummings Business Solutions
Technologies: PyCharm, Python
- Designed and developed PyOraEbs, a framework allowing users to develop simple Python scripts to automate and simplify tasks in the Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) back-end schema. Based on SQLAlchemy, it allows the user to easily expand the framework by defining very minimalistic classes representing tables in the EBS and add methods representing functionality in EBS.
- Created a live plot of Bitcoin prices using data directly from Bitcoinwisdom. The site was scraped live, and candlesticks plotted with a one-minute resolution.
- Built a Windows desktop app (Python-based) to check weather information and select a picture of an outfit based on the weather for the email dress recommendation of the day.
- Scraped the website Indywithkids and delivered information about upcoming events via email in formatted tabular fashion (used Python, Beautiful Soup, and Requests).
Enterprise Python RPA Engineer2020 - 2020Frontier Communications (via Toptal)
- Developed a Python application using Selenium, PyAutoGui, tkinter, and pandas, which automated a set of critical, labor-intensive, audit processes, reducing the turnaround time from hours to minutes.
- Developed a Python application using pandas, PyMuPDF, and Python xlwings, which automated the manual scanning of dozens of PDF files for highlighted information and the updating of Excel spreadsheets from that information.
- Built a Python application using python-docx, automating a process involving document merging and document creation using custom-built utilities to convert a word table to a pandas data frame and back.
Data Scraping Engineer2019 - 2019Yipit, LLC (via Toptal)
Technologies: Regular Expressions, JSON, XPath, Puppeteer, Python
- Co-ordinated with other data scraping engineers, data analysts, and other technical officers to develop specific standards for a data scraping project.
- Tackled and cracked the toughest data scraping projects in terms of both volume and complexity by leveraging Python 3.7, XPATH, and a custom infrastructure-as-a-service platform which I contributed to.
- Communicated findings, requirements, and issues with project owners to ensure the correct data is harvested with the appropriate frequency consistent with the business problem being solved.
Oracle Technical Consultant2011 - 2019Grace Kennedy Remittance Services (Money Services)
Technologies: Oracle PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle EBS, Oracle 12c
- Developed a supplier account audit report to display details of every instance of the supplier account modification: User, date, data before change, and data after change. It also allowed the restricted report's access to specified responsibilities.
- Enhanced productivity by developing an accounting schedule report, thus eliminating the manual process of gathering and collating the data needed to produce this report.
- Utilized the journal hook feature to correct the effective dates of imported journals for a selected list of journal sources.
- Saved time and money in building a generic system to extract various data sources from Oracle EBS via a concurrent program to be used in the bank reconciliation system.
- Upgraded custom reports and form personalizations to Oracle EBS Release 12.
- Enabled users to enter Oracle Payables invoices via spreadsheet and upload them into Oracle for a high volume supplier.
- Built a PL/SQL-based concurrent program to convert 18 bank statement file formats to a standard format to be uploaded into the bank reconciliation system.
Python Data Science Expert2018 - 2018Equeum.com (via Toptal)
Technologies: Google App Engine, NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, Scikit-learn, Flask, Python 3
- Redesigned and developed a Python library for developing, back-testing, and plotting results of various algorithmic trading strategies.
- Designed and developed a Python/Flask web application for running and chaining various time-series statistical operations on security price data.
- Deployed a Python-Flask web app to run and scale in the cloud using Google App Engine's serverless computing architecture.
Oracle Database Trainer2016 - 2016Real World Technology Training & Solutions
Technologies: Oracle 12c
- Taught the training course Oracle Database 11g Program with PL/SQL.
- Delivered the training course Oracle DBA Workshop I.
Oracle E-Business Suite Consultant2014 - 2016Kingston Freeport Terminal Limited (via Adjoined Business Solutions)
Technologies: Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) 11i, Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) R12, Oracle 11g
- Unified the billing functions of the Terminal Operating System (TOS) with Oracle Receivables by designing and building an interface to streamline the upload of invoice, credit memo, and debit memo transactions.
- Converted customer data from the TOS to Oracle Receivables while preserving the original customer numbering.
- Built a comprehensive customer statement report that visually depicts the aging of customer balances over-time.
- Developed the receipting systems by customizing the AR Receipt form to automate receipt number generation and customizing the physical receipt report.
- Integrated the Champs Purchase Order module with Oracle Payables (AP) by developing an interface to transfer purchase order creation, and changes, to Oracle PO tables for AP invoice matching.
- Assimilated inventory movement transactions from the Champs inventory system into Oracle General Ledger.
- Integrated the receipts from the on-line “E-Wharfage” system as miscellaneous receipts in Oracle Receivables.
Oracle Database Trainer2010 - 2014dotTech Ict Training & Consultants Co Ltd
Technologies: Oracle 10g, Oracle 12c, Oracle 11g
- Delivered training course Oracle Database 10g Introduction to SQL.
- Taught training course Oracle Database 11g Introduction to SQL.
- Held the training course Oracle 11i WMS Fundamentals.
- Delivered training course Oracle 10g Program with PL/SQL.
- Taught training course Oracle 11g Program with PL/SQL.
- Held training course Oracle DBA Workshop I.
Oracle Financials Technical Consultant2002 - 2013The Port Authority of Jamaica (Sea-Port Governance)
Technologies: Oracle Apps, Oracle 9i
- Analyzed user requirements, procedures, and problems in generating a custom remittance advice format from Oracle Payables.
- Developed the modification and carried out the setup to automatically generate the remittance advice according to specified requirements.
- Added a new data entry form to Oracle Assets to allow entry of the budget costs by asset location.
- Enhanced the system reporting by modifying or developing from scratch some 25 Oracle Application reports to carefully meet user specifications. The modules include Oracle General Ledger, receivables, payables, and assets.
- Improved the user interface and business process efficiency by modifying the data entry screens in accordance with user specifications.
- Implemented automatic sequential receipt numbering for Oracle Receivables.
Oracle Technical Consultant2007 - 2007Kingston Container Terminals (Sea-Port Terminal Operations)
Technologies: Oracle Apps, Oracle 9i
- Modified the check-printing program to print a blank check stub for checks with more than ten invoices.
- Created a new automatic remittance advice program that will print remittances only for checks with more that ten invoices.
- Modified the check printing setup to allow the printing of checks with any number of invoices, and to call the new remittance advice program.
- Modified the receivables-payment register report and the general ledger report to meet user requirements.
- Modified the Oracle Receivables single invoice report to match the physical invoice form being used.
- Investigated and resolved the long load time of the Oracle Payables invoice find screen.
Adjunct Lecturer2006 - 2007University College of the Caribbean
Technologies: Oracle 9i
- Facilitated students' comprehension of the business issues, processes, and techniques associated with the identification of organizational requirements for databases.
- Helped students understand the fundamental mathematical concepts underlying the theory of relational databases.
- Developed in students an appreciation for database design using the entity-relationship model, the object-oriented model, and a case tools.
- Taught the syntax and use of Structured Query Language for database access and creation.
- Explained the implications of using relational databases in a multi-user environment.
- Demonstrated and explained the concepts of a commercial relational database management system using Oracle.
Oracle Financials Consultant2006 - 2007Lasco Distributors Limited (Food Manufacturing and Distribution)
Technologies: Oracle Apps, Microsoft Excel, Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle 9i
- Utilized Oracle BI Publisher to deliver extensive high-level management reports from Oracle Applications to Microsoft Excel during post-implementation.
- Customized several seeded Oracle system reports to meet online reporting needs.
- Designed and built multiple interfaces to Oracle Applications.
- Built customized views to supporting real-time system audits and reporting.
- Reformatted the customer statement, customer invoice and purchase order reports to match the existing format of preprinted forms.
- Suggested and implemented new system reports.
Oracle Financials Consultant2006 - 2006H&L True Values Ltd (Retail)
Technologies: Oracle Apps, Oracle 9i
- Improved the user performance by conducting training sessions in the Oracle General Ledger and Oracle Receivables.
- Supported end-users extensively in the production environment.
- Converted data for Oracle Receivables customer receipts and customer sales invoices.
- Synchronized the customer numbers in Oracle Receivables with the retail point of sale system.
- Enhanced system reporting by modifying several reports including the customer statement.
- Added a new functionality by extending the customer account analysis form in Oracle Receivables.
Oracle Financials Consultant2005 - 2005Hi-Lo Food Stores (Retail)
Technologies: Oracle Apps, Oracle 9i
- Enhanced reporting through customization of 5 Oracle Receivables Reports.
- Enabled the generation of the profit-and-loss financial statement by configuring and setting up components of the FSG reporting tool.
- Improved the financial reporting by setting up e8 additional balance sheet schedules using FSG.
- Conducted data conversion for Oracle Payables invoices.
Oracle Technical Trainer/Consultant2005 - 2005Jamaica Producers Group (Food Production)
Technologies: Oracle Apps, Oracle 9i
- Delivered successfully a five-day technical training course on Oracle’s SQL Language.
- Developed and delivered a three-day technical training course on accessing Oracle Applications database tables with SQL.
- Researched and solved the problem of adding new business units for the accounts receivable customers and generating statements by business units.
Independent Consultant, Oracle Applications2002 - 2004National Commercial Bank (via Adjoined Consulting Inc.)
Technologies: Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle 9i, Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) 11i, Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) R12, Oracle SQL
- Developed successfully interfaces between Oracle applications and Finacle banking systems including the payroll direct deposits interface for a major local bank, and Oracle Supplier direct deposits interface.
- Composed nine new reports to meet the Oracle Payroll user requirements including, payslip, payroll register, and statutory deduction reports.
- Improved financial reporting by customizing the general ledger consolidated trial balance report.
- Enhanced the Oracle Payroll security by configuring the Oracle application auditing system; also developed custom audit reports to meet user requirements, and satisfy external auditing requirements.
- Automated the journal import process from Oracle Payroll to Oracle General Ledger.
- Improved the workflow efficiency of Oracle HR and Payroll users by incorporating automated alerts (triggers) using Oracle Alert.
Oracle Applications Technical Consultant1998 - 2004Urban Development Corporation (Urban Planning)
Technologies: Oracle Apps, Oracle
- Developed a new water billing extension to Oracle Receivables, providing easy entry of meter readings, automatic calculation and creation of sales invoices, and customized bill format.
- Developed a custom module to copying Oracle Receivables invoices for rental income providing an efficient means of entering invoices for the same amounts as in the prior periods.
- Converted data from legacy or manual systems including purchase invoices, customers, sales invoices, and trade receipts.
- Modified several reports and forms of the Oracle GL, Oracle Payables, and Oracle Purchasing modules.
- Planned, developed, tested, and documented the customization to the Oracle Payables check format applying knowledge of Oracle Reports and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Increased the security of Oracle GL by successfully implementing a modification to secure data based on accounting flexfield security rules.
- Designed and developed several SQL and PL/SQL scripts every month for solving problems ranging from erroneous data correction to ad hoc reporting.
- Managed successfully a disk crash crisis which led to the recreation of index tablespace structures in the production environment and 15 hours of non-stop work.
Oracle Technical Consultant2002 - 2002Digicel Jamaica Limited (Telecommunications)
- Implemented successfully a data warehouse with 1 fact and 16 dimensions tables utilizing the partitioning and bitmap indexing capabilities of the Oracle8i database.
- Developed a large multi-processing PL/SQL application that examined millions of call details records to establish the revenue generate from a new USSD product release.
- Supported user ad hoc requests for information over the 3-month period by implementing several SQL and PL/SQL scripts.
Oracle Applications Project Analyst1997 - 2000Jamaica Public Service Company Ltd. (Light and Power)
Technologies: Oracle Apps, Oracle Database
- Implemented several modifications and extensions to forms and reports of Oracle Applications modules using the Custom Library extensively, and Oracle Reports.
- Designed, documented, and implemented interfaces from legacy systems to Oracle Payables.
- Built data conversion programs for converting vendors, employees, items, and assets and loading into Oracle Applications.
- Conducted multiple setups of Oracle Applications flexfields, value sets, flexfield security rules, users, document categories, folders, printers, profile options, and responsibilities, and other application entities.
- Doubled the throughput of users by preparing a trouble shooting guide with detailed solutions to common check processing problems.
- Planned and prepared technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals as documentation of extensions and customizations to the Oracle Financials suite.
- Modified the Oracle Application form code to correct applications bugs prior to the patches being released.
- Demonstrated effective presentation skills in-house and at the Oracle User Group Conference.
Oracle Technical Analyst1994 - 1997Mutual Life Assurance Society (Life Insurance)
Technologies: Oracle Database, dBASE, Oracle Apps, Oracle RDBMS
- Designed and built an Oracle Forms-based application for tracking medical requirements, and integrated this custom application with Oracle Financials.
- Enhanced the customer service by utilizing Oracle CASE 5.0 (Now Oracle Internet Development Suite) to rapidly generate database tables and forms for a new receipting module replacing an old legacy system, then integrating this system to Oracle Applications.
- Applied knowledge of dBASE IV for Unix in developing a new module facilitating the tracking of all new business processing.
- Consulted with users extensively to identify current operating procedures and clarify information system objectives.
- Developed Unix shell scripts including the extensive use of regular expressions.
- Planned, developed, tested, and documented systems applying knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, and Oracle built in packages.
- Prepared flow charts, entity relationship, and function hierarchy diagrams to illustrate the database design, the sequence of steps in the business process, and the decomposition of functions that the system must implement.