Back-end Developer (via Toptal)2021 - PRESENTForm Energy
Technologies: Python, AWS Lambda, Falcon, MySQL, Pytest, SQLAlchemy, CircleCI, Docker, Google Sheets API, Slack API, CI/CD Pipelines, Git, Bitbucket, Serverless, REST, REST APIs, RESTful APIs, AWS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Bash, Jira, Confluence, Back-end, Sentry, Docker Compose, HTML, Jinja, SQL, Databases, Lambda Functions, AWS S3, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Linux, Middleware, Python 3, CSS, Back-end Development, Testing
- Developed and maintained the back end of the app that allowed users to search, track, and log hundreds of multiphase experiments with dynamically changing specifications.
- Connected the app to Slack and Asana by using their APIs. Created bots to notify app users about their tasks and overall progress. Synchronized the data between the database, Slack, and Asana.
- Developed the CI/CD that ran tests and database migrations and deployed the back end to AWS Lambda.
- Optimized SQL queries containing dozens of joins. In some cases, query performance improved from one minute to one second.
- Co-designed the SQL schemas and developed custom migrations, ensuring that the database schemas meet the project's demands.
- Used the Google Sheets API to regularly ingest experiment templates from Google Sheets to the database using Amazon EventBridge.
Software Developer2019 - 2021Activeloop
Technologies: Python, Flask, MongoDB, Redis, AWS, Pytest, Pandas, Dask, Docker, Git, GitHub, RESTful APIs, REST APIs, REST, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS S3, Amazon EC2, CircleCI, Docker Compose, Jira, Bash, Back-end, Databases, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), CI/CD Pipelines, APIs, Python 3, NumPy, NoSQL, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Google Cloud Storage, Azure Blobs, Linux, Middleware, Back-end Development, Testing
- Designed and developed the "dataset format for AI" and played a key role in getting the project from zero to 2,400 stars (Github.com/activeloopai/hub).
- Co-developed the back end of the app that visualizes AI datasets and allows users to zoom in/out, batch, and more.
- Developed a pipeline for ingesting datasets, training models, and running inference in a multimachine, parallelized environment using Kubernetes-like technology.
Software Developer2018 - 2019Innovative Solutions
Technologies: Python, Django, SQL, Django REST Framework, C++, Django ORM, Docker, Docker Compose, RESTful APIs, REST APIs, REST, Databases, Python 3, LabVIEW, PostgreSQL, Bash, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), NumPy, Linux, Windows, Back-end, Middleware, C++ STL, CMake, C++11, C++14, C++17, C, Back-end Development, Testing
- Developed a C++ back-end, co-developed a Python back-end, and took part in all stages of project development.
- Designed and developed a custom real-time database for aerial heatmaps with zoom in/out support. The database and its Python back-end allowed users to view 80GB of data at real-time speeds despite the strict I/O limitations.
- Modified an open-source DSD project: created a cross-language interoperability layer between LabVIEW and C++, allowing LabVIEW developers to access DSD functionality. The original project is available at Github.com/szechyjs/dsd.
Software Development Intern2018 - 2018Yandex
Technologies: C++, Big Data, Python, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Linux, Back-end, Python 3, C++11, C++14, C++17, C, Back-end Development, Testing
- Ran a big data analysis to determine which components of the system should be optimized.
- Refactored a portion of the code to make it more readable and fixed bugs in the system.
- Ran fuzz tests on one component of the system, ensuring its stability and reliability.