Principal Software Engineer2014 - PRESENTBoxed
- Led all major customer-facing web application development, design, and architecture for our eCommerce SaaS product since its inception.
- Provided guidance and leadership on all technical decisions and implementations.
- Interfaced regularly with all technical and product domain owners.
Contract Engineer2015 - 2015Placemeter (Via Toptal)
Technologies: Snap.svg, AngularJS, Express.js, JADE, Gatsby, SEO
- Handled development of a responsive marketing site for a promising startup.
Web Architect2013 - 2014Code Legs
Technologies: PubNub, CSS3, HTML5, jQuery, Handlebars, Backbone.js, SEO
- Developed a customer relations application for real-time (video, audio, SMS, email, desktop sharing, etc.) collaboration.
- Implemented client-side MVC architecture to improve the existing application structure.
- Built a file sharing vault (similar to Google Drive) to allow resource sharing between connected users.
- Implemented a responsive web framework to provide support for both the web and native application.
- Established best practices for the web development team.
Principal Architect2012 - 2014Townsquare Media
Technologies: WordPress, CSS3, HTML5, jQuery, Zepto, Less, Handlebars, MongoDB, Express.js, Node.js, SEO
- Spearheaded mobile-first responsive web development for a multisite application platform servicing over 400 websites and 50+ million unique visitors a month.
- Designed and architected web services APIs in Node.js/MongoDB environment.
- Developed custom advertisement experience and integration points on over 400 of our mobile sites.
- Created custom theming framework for multisite generates.
- Researched new technologies and design principles to further advance the quality of the development team.
Senior UI Architect2007 - 2012The Hertz Corporation
- Oversaw the development of the reservation process for eCommerce websites and mobile applications that generates over $2 billion of traffic annually.
- Implemented HTML5 web apps utilizing technologies such as responsive web, local storage, cache manifest, geolocation, the Canvas API, Backbone.js, Node.js.
- Converted mock-ups to functional websites and mobile apps based on specifications and usability standards.
- Collaborated with developers to establish a strategy for coding standards, cross-browser compliance, code organization, and architectural design and documentation.