Developer and CEO2015 - PRESENTRefind Edge Solutions, LLC
- Contracted for a large team to Integrated Digital Solutions to help develop a cross-platform streaming app using React Native for AT&T.
- Built a map-based social network from the ground up using React Native, MapBox, Firebase, Heroku with Node.js, and MongoDB. It used real-time geolocation to constantly update your location so that you can see what's going on nearby.
- Led a cross-continent team of Toptal developers in rebuilding an iOS social networking app in React Native using Redux for storing state.
- Helped convert a website into a truly native React Native app for both iOS and Android for a well-funded startup. I worked with their existing Node/MongoDB stack as well as third-party libraries to create a better experience on mobile.
- Supported a React web app for an international company, architecting it to be isomorphic to ensure SEO compatibility with React Router and Express along with implementing Redux store.
- Created a workout editing tool to iPhone apps for a San Francisco-based startup using React, Bootstrap, Ruby on Rails, and Node.js.
- Created a web app that learns and identifies repeatable stock market patterns using React, Node.js, InfluxDB, MongoDB, and machine learning.
- Created a cross-platform React Native app for iOS and Android internally for demonstration purposes. Queried APIs with GraphQL for display. Available at https://github.com/ewindso/AntRace.
- Created a web app for ordering pet tags on iPhone/Android using React and Bootstrap on the front end and modifying existing Zen Cart PHP code on the back end to work with jQuery Ajax calls.
Senior React Native Developer2021 - 2022GrowthDay
- Helped develop the Challenges section of the GrowthDay app, implementing and iterating across UI designs and ensuring UX engagement was on point.
- Collaborated with the back-end team, ensuring API calls were integrated properly and working with the QA team on any issues that were discovered.
- Took existing iOS and Android native libraries that were not yet React Native ready and made them so they could be used in our app.
Senior Software Developer2014 - 2015GAIN Fitness
- Created chat functionality in a trainer enterprise app using Objective-C, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and APNS.
- Created an in-house Apple Watch extension to allow users to monitor progress of their workouts and switch exercises.
- Created a script to dig through and piece together over half a million user records stored between CouchDB and PostgreSQL.
- Supported architecture of back-end and REST API creation using Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL.
- Created an admin tool for sending SMS messages with links to install enterprise iOS apps to trainers using Twilio, Ruby on Rails, and PostgreSQL.
Director of Engineering2013 - 2014Appstem Media, LLC
Technologies: MongoDB, Titanium, Meteor, Node.js, Objective-C, Mobile Development
- Created an iPhone app allowing real-time communication using chat, image/recording uploads, in-app phone calls, and text messaging using Objective-C, ObjectiveDDP, Twilio SDK, Meteor, and Node.js.
- Built a customizable voicemail system for doctors using Twilio, Meteor, Node.js, and MongoDB.
- Created an in-house iPhone app for real-time interactivity for browsing folders and viewing files with Objective-C, Socket.io, Node.js, and Box API.
- Created an iPad app for a Napa Valley winery to track inventory using Objective-C and Visual C#.
- Added features to a cross-platform enterprise real-estate app using Titanium for iOS and Android.
Developer and Owner2007 - 2014Smooth Edge Design
- Created an iPhone app for taking photos of your dog that was mentioned by Jay Leno and featured in news stories across the country in 2009 using Objective-C.
- Supported customization of chocolate website osCommerce shopping cart using PHP and MySQL.
- Created a friend finding iPhone app that was the catalyst to Flywheel Software using Objective-C, Ruby on Rails, and MySQL.
- Created a custom music player for the web using Flash, ActionScript, PHP, and MySQL.
- Created a custom slideshow that cycled through images asynchronously using Flash, ActionScript, PHP, and MySQL.
Contract Developer2012 - 2013Purl, Inc.
Founding Developer2009 - 2011Flywheel Software, Inc.
- Created an iPhone app for drivers and passengers to see each other on maps in real time using Objective-C and Erlang.
- Developed a back end for socket-based connectivity using Erlang.
- Built a XMPP custom-protocol for hailing passenger to driver using Erlang and ejabberd.