Mobile Developer2020 - PRESENTToptal Client
- Developed two apps on a tight deadline that needed to communicate with each other.
- Coordinated with a back-end developer to connect the API quickly using GraphQL.
- Built the UI from sketches and suggested improvements to make the development phase faster.
- Managed real-time communication to provide good UX.
- Worked with QA to fix bugs and deliver a high-quality product.
Mobile Developer2020 - 2020Toptal Client
Technologies: MobX, React Native, TypeScript
- Collaborated with the team to boost the development of an app made to save energy.
- Made the app to work offline by exclusively using Realm database management system.
- Improved existing code and fixed bugs within a short time.
React Native Developer2018 - 2020BitTech (via Toptal)
- Rewrote a trading app from scratch while imitating the original UI/UX and adding many improvements.
- Developed an app framework using HTML widgets.
- Built advanced UI widgets.
- Integrated Touch ID and biometric reader authentication.
- Logged data in the cloud to determine and analyzing issues.
- Used a hot update feature to deploy versions without the need to upload versions to the stores.
- Used native and React Native capabilities to create different app brands.
- Added a friendly onboarding process that involved multiple stages.
- Deployed two apps (for Android and iPhone) to the Google Play Store and the App Store.
- Managed other developers that assisted certain parts of this project.
- Converted mockups into a live UI/UX.
Freelance React Native Developer2018 - 2018Curious Labs (via Toptal)
Technologies: Firebase, Redux, React Native
- Built a social network using RN.
- Tested it both on Android and iOS.
- Implemented push notifications extensively in many complex scenarios.
- Used a Firebase database as the back end.
- Used Redux and architected many reusable components and elements.
- Provided fast solutions to implement substantial changes in the UX.
React Native Developer2018 - 2018Cryptonite
Technologies: Redux, React Native
- Developed two apps using React Native.
- Used many common design patterns and technologies such as Redux and React navigation.
- Implemented proper GPS and permissions usage for both Android and iOS versions.
- Integrated the use of third-party apps on the device, such as Google Calendar and Maps.
- Provided common UI patterns and made the relevant changes to ensure it looked well on both of the platforms (e.g., in Android tabs, cards, and Material Design).
Developer2018 - 2018Constructor.io
Technologies: RxJava, Android, Kotlin, Java
- Developed a library for Android developers.
- Utilized many of the Android technologies and architectures to develop quickly and efficiently.
- Built a convenient API to use with only one line of code.
- Developed an extensible and-simple UI widget that the library provides.
- Built a sample app that demonstrated the usage and added a sample UI widget so developers can use the library using the sample immediately, right out of the box.
Freelance Android Developer2017 - 2018SaferKid (via Toptal)
Technologies: SQLite, RxJava, Android
- Contributed to an advance parent control app.
- Solved bugs by using advanced logs in the cloud service.
- Worked on an app that used many of the Android hardcore infrastructure to block unwanted apps and websites.
- Contributed to both apps: the monitor app and parent control app.
- Worked in a small distributed team.
Freelance Android Developer2017 - 2017CircleIn (via Toptal)
Technologies: RxJava, Kotlin, Realm
- Added features for the chat using the Twilio SDK.
- Improved app performance by using caching techniques.
- Contributed to the development of an app that was distributed to many universities across the USA.
- Found many bugs and fixed them quickly.
- Improved the app architecture using Android design patterns.
Freelance Android Full-stack Developer2017 - 2017Lumen (via Toptal)
- Improved their Android app which monitors device app usage and time.
- Added features—one of them being an apps collection that the user can choose to download or launch (similar to Google Play).
- Developed a system (web pages) for client needs: an endpoint for updating apps and updating users.
- Used Node.js to develop server endpoints in addition to MongoDB and PostgreSQL.
- Worked with the client for almost half a year from what started as a project that was only supposed to last a few weeks.
Freelance Android Developer2017 - 2017SkillHeart (via Toptal)
Technologies: RxJava, Android
- Developed for the client an app to used to record interviews (both audio and video).
- Used Google ExoPlayer library for the video playback.
- Used OkHttp, Retrofit, and RxJava to make the REST API.
- Enabled the app work offline using RealmDB.
- Synced the app data via services.
- Used Gradle extensively for making different flavors of the app (different versions for distributors).
- Developed SkillHeart, an app that can be found in the Google Play Store.
- Designed the ready-made iOS app for Android.
Freelance Android Developer2016 - 20178th Kind Pty Ltd. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, Android
- Integrated a streaming media feature to devices and Chromecast—worked with the Chromecast API v2 and v3, a migration from v2 to v3, loaded media streams and local files, and handled edge cases for a good UX (such as the difference between phone music and cast music sources).
- Redesigned the whole app using Material Design techniques.
- Improved the application data sync mechanism.
- Optimized the application performance using threading.
- Monitored and fixed crashes in production.
- Made the app compatible with Android.
- Developed the app called Mysterious Universe which is available in the Google Play Store.
Android Developer2015 - 2016Proacts
Technologies: Gradle, Android, Java
- Developed an app designed to modernize public safety by using humans as sensors.
- Built a custom UI widget for selecting a date and time range.
- Wrote complete functional tests for the app features, using the most up-to-date Android testing frameworks.
- Designed the app to work with a REST API in multiple endpoints.
- Built a chat using XMPP technology, including support for attachments and user presence (online and offline).
- Constructed a media player for streaming media files (both audio and video).