- Freelance React Native Developer2018 - 2018Curious Labs (via Toptal)
Technologies: React Native, Redux, Firebase
- Built a social network using RN.
- Tested it both on Android and iOS.
- Implemented push notifications extensively in many complex scenarios.
- Used a Firebase database as the back-end.
- Used Redux and architected many reusable components and elements.
- Provided fast solutions to implement substantial changes in the UX.
- React Native Developer2018 - 2018Cryptonite
Technologies: React Native, Redux
- Developed two apps using React Native.
- Used many common design patterns and technologies such as Redux and React navigation.
- Implemented proper GPS and permissions usage for both Android and iOS versions.
- Integrated the use of third-party apps on the device, such as Google Calendar and Maps.
- Provided common UI patterns and made the relevant changes to ensure it looked well on both of the platforms (e.g., in Android tabs, cards, and Material Design).
- Developer2018 - 2018Constructor.io
Technologies: Java, Kotlin, Android, RxJava
- Developed a library for Android developers.
- Utilized many of the Android technologies and architectures to develop quickly and efficiently.
- Built a convenient API to use with only one line of code.
- Developed an extensible and-simple UI widget that the library provides.
- Built a sample app that demonstrated the usage and added a sample UI widget so developers can use the library using the sample immediately, right out of the box.
- Freelance Android Developer2017 - 2018SaferKid (via Toptal)
Technologies: Android, RxJava, SQLite
- Contributed to an advance parent control app.
- Solved bugs by using advanced logs in the cloud service.
- Worked on an app that used many of the Android hardcore infrastructure to block unwanted apps and websites.
- Contributed to both apps: the monitor app and parent control app.
- Worked in a small distributed team.
- Freelance Android Developer2017 - 2017CircleIn (via Toptal)
Technologies: Realm, Kotlin, RxJava
- Added features for the chat using the Twilio SDK.
- Improved the app performance using caching techniques.
- Contributed to the development of an app that was distributed to many universities across the USA.
- Found many bugs and fixed them quickly.
- Improved the app architecture using Android design patterns.
- Freelance Android Full-stack Developer2017 - 2017Lumen (via Toptal)
- Improved their Android app which monitors device app usage and time.
- Added features—one of them being an apps collection that the user can choose to download or launch (similar to Google Play).
- Developed a system (web pages) for client needs: an endpoint for updating apps and updating users.
- Used Node.js to develop server endpoints in addition to MongoDB and PostgreSQL.
- Worked with the client for almost half a year from what started as a project that was only supposed to last a few weeks.
- Freelance Android Developer2017 - 2017SkillHeart (via Toptal)
Technologies: Android, RxJava
- Developed for the client an app to used to record interviews (both audio and video).
- Used Google ExoPlayer library for the video playback.
- I used OkHttp, Retrofit, and RxJava to make the REST API.
- Used RealmDB to make the app work offline.
- Synced the app data via services.
- Used Gradle extensively for making different flavors of the app (different versions for distributors).
- Developed SkillHeart, an app that can be found in the Google Play Store.
- Designed the ready-made iOS app for Android.
- Freelance Android Developer2016 - 20178th Kind Pty Ltd. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Android, Java
- Integrated a streaming media feature to devices and Chromecast—worked with the Chromecast API v2 and v3, a migration from v2 to v3, loaded media streams and local files, and handled edge cases for a good UX (such as the difference between a phone music and cast music source).
- Redesigned the whole app using Material Design techniques.
- Improved the application data sync mechanism.
- Optimized the application performance using threading.
- Monitored and fixed crashes in production.
- Made the app compatible with Android.
- Developed the app Mysterious Universe which is available in the Google Play Store.
- Android Developer2015 - 2016Proacts
Technologies: Java, Android, Gradle
- Developed an app designed to modernize public safety by using humans as sensors.
- Built a custom UI widget for selecting a date and time range.
- Wrote complete functional tests for the app features, using the most up-to-date Android testing frameworks.
- Designed the app to work with a REST API in multiple endpoints.
- Built a chat using XMPP technology, including support for attachments and user presence (online and offline).
- Constructed a media player for streaming media files (both audio and video).