- Full Stack Ruby on Rails EngineerPerchwell2014 - 2015
Technologies: Ruby, ES, AWS, Ruby on Rails, Backbone.js, PostgreSQL, Ansible
- Added new functionalities for the site.
- Moved from jQuery to use Backbone.js for the front-end.
- Created tests for the project.
- Enhanced the performance of the site by creating a separate API to communicate with the front-end using JSON.
- Senior Ruby/Rails DeveloperDubber Pty Ltd (via Toptal)2014 - 2014
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, RSpec, Capybara, HTML, CSS, CoffeeScript, WebRTC
- Added new functionalities using Ruby on Rails.
- Created tests using RSpec and Capybara.
- Created UI components using HTML/CSS/CoffeeScript.
- Created new functionalities for the telephony system using WebRTC.
- Ruby Developer with Log Management SkillsClearlogin Inc. (via Toptal)2014 - 2014
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, MongoDB
- Created a scalable/fast log management system using a separate MongoDB and migrating the old data from MySQL.
- Software Engineer, Account ManagerCubiic2009 - 2014
Technologies: C++, Qt, Objective-C, WML, WAP 2.0, XHTMLMP
- Managed a small team to deliver a native mobile application and SMS-based solution. Handed the development, deployment, design, and architecture of the software for mobile operators and integrated the solution with the back-end and billing system of the mobile operator.
- Created a SMS-based chat application to chat with Facebook, MSN, GTalk, and Yahoo accounts using simple SMSs. Used the C++ and Qt framework to develop the application for performance issues and used Amazon cloud servers to scale. Developed this application for the Nedjma mobile operator http://www.wataniya-algerie.com/extranet/web/serviceparticulier/nedjma-net.
- Created a native iPhone and Blackberry chat application for Nedjma and integrated it with Nedjma’s billing system. Allowed the user to pay a monthly subscription, talk, and send unlimited photos and voice messages to friends. http://www.wataniya-algerie.com/extranet/web/serviceparticulier/nedjma-net.
- Created an iPhone application using Objective-C for Ramadan. Used Ruby and EC2 server for the back-end (http://itunes.apple.com/lb/app/live-ramadan/id385779970?mt=8).
- Built a WAP portal for Nedjma using WML for old devices, WAP 2.0, and XHTMLMP for smart phones (http://wap.nedjma.dz).
- Project Manager, Software EngineerNAHARNET2008 - 2009
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Basecamp
- Managed a small team of four Rails developers, one web designer, and one graphic designer. Used Scrum as a project management methodology and Basecamp to manage and track projects.
- Developed, deployed, and maintained the www.tahawor.com site.
- Developed, deployed, and maintained the www.naharna.com site based on Web 3.0 and semantic (RDF) technology.
- Developed, deployed, and maintained the http://elections.naharnet.com site.
- Applied TDD/BDD approaches to software development.
- Software EngineerTootCorp2007 - 2008
Technologies: AJAX, Ruby on Rails, rFacebook, EC2
- Handled development of the company sites (www.ikbis.com, www.watwet.com, and www.itoot.net) and added new features for them using the Rails framework as a primary web development framework language. Was also responsible for managing all the information technology needs of TootCorp network, including sites administration and other security issues.
- Created a Facebook application for the WatWet site using the rFacebook library (http://apps.facebook.com/watwets/).
- Modified both www.ikbis.com and www.watwet.com sites to Web 2.0 technology and AJAX.
- Developed several Ruby on Rails applications for internal and external uses.
- Developed a set of standards‐compliant SEO friendly templates and widgets for our site. Developed several plugins for internal use. Managed and administered sites using EC2 cloud servers.
- Web DeveloperJeeran2005 - 2007
Technologies: .NET, SQL Server, C#, FBML, FBJS
- Worked as a web developer on Jeeran, the biggest Arab social network and blogging site with more than 1 million active members. Used Microsoft technology (.NET, C#, Micosoft SQL server, etc.). Implemented numerous changes regarding the look and feel of the site (GUI) and tried to make it based on Web 2.0 technologies. Made the first Arabic Facebook application.
- Created the first Arabic Facebook application for the Jeeran site (JeeranBlogger) using.NET framework, FBML, FBJS, and other technologies. Allowed users to quickly and easily integrate existing blogs into their Facebook profiles, getting more exposure for their blogs and sharing content with friends (http://apps.facebook.com/jeeranblogappdemo/).
- Computer EngineerMobileCom2004 - 2005
Technologies: WML, GPRS
- Worked for 9 months with MobileCom, one of the leading telecommunications operators in Jordan. Developed my graduation project (Hotels Reservation using WML and GPRS) through cooperation between MobilCom and Yarmouk University.