Azure Certified DevOps Engineer and Developer
Fayaz is a DevOps engineer and architect with experience in designing end-to-end solutions. He has extensive cloud and infrastructure expertise with multiple AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud certifications. He specializes in monitoring tools (ELK, Zabbix, and Prometheus) and automation with Python, Ansible, Terraform, and Docker. He's implemented Jenkins CI/CD pipelines to build, test, and deploy large apps, including microservices with zero downtime.
ExperienceJenkins - 8 yearsAzure DevOps Services - 6 yearsPython 3 - 6 yearsAnsible - 6 yearsKubernetes - 5 yearsAWS Certified DevOps Engineer - 5 yearsTerraform - 4 yearsGoogle Cloud Platform (GCP) - 3 years
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Windows, MacOS, CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a grid utilization tool, gathering data from 60,000 nodes and presenting the same in a usable graphical representation to help the business.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Migrated the servers (1,400) from on-premise data centers to the public cloud.
- Converted monolithic applications to microservices.
- Used IAC Terraform and Cloudformation to deploy the infrastructure.
- Set up CI/CD pipelines starting from the creation of images, rolling out the environments to pushing the application code changes/features to production.
- Built many monitoring solutions for different projects including ELK, Zabbix, and Prometheus. Involved in creating and managing Kubernetes clusters, ELK clusters, Kafka clusters for many projects.
- Architected the end-to-end solutions securely including logging, alerting, and auditing(ITHC).
- Coded in multiple languages, well versed in serverless programming and front end using React, Amplify, AppSync, GraphQL, DynamoDB.
- Migrated and managed Atlassian Product Suite to the Cloud.
- Migrated SAP HANA workloads to the public AWS Cloud.
Toptal - Visma
- Automated and rolled out Debezium and changed the data capture framework on GKE.
- Automated the creation of resources using Terraform and Kubernetes manifest files, including CloudKarafka (a Kafka SAAS offering provider).
- Created CI/CD pipelines using Spinnaker and set up monitoring using Datadog.
- Automated the RabbitMQ rollout across multiple environments using Terraform.
- Converted RabbitMQ and Jenkins from server-based to microservices using Kubernetes.
- Created CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins to create the environments and deploy the applications seamlessly across multiple environments.
DevOps Engineer for System Migration to IBM Cloud and AWS Cloud
- Migrated the entire framework from bare metal to IBM and AWS.
- Implemented hybrid cloud framework for DR and BCP, coded in such a way it can run across multiple regions in case of disaster recovery.
- Implemented CI-CD pipelines in Jenkins, which will create and manage the deployments.
- Implemented EBS NFS along with EFS solution to speed up the jobs and parallel processing has been used for modeling. Explored many DB solutions including DynamoDB, Redshift, Aurora, and more.
Linux DevOps for Chromium Project
- Built a framework to build Chromium source code using multiple nodes.
- Set up CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins that will get triggered automatically when a commit has been made. It will pull and merge the custom changes to the original source code and build both for Linux and macOS variants.
- Stored artifacts in AWS S3 and AWS EC2 instances were launched and terminated after the job has been done.
Azure DevOps with Security Focus
- Architected and managed end-to-end application from cloud and DevOps point of view.
- Implemented Terraform and Terragrunt and created many environments.
- Implemented monitoring using Azure Monitor and prepared the solution for SOC 2 audit compliance.
- Implemented proper segregation of subscriptions, groups.
- Implemented and secured Azure Postgresql and integrated the same with application code through environment variables using Ad Ops.
- Implemented Azure ARM templates for IAC and created many ephemeral environments.
- Implemented and developed many Azure Functions in Python, LogicApps, and built the whole ecosystem.
- Architected the solution which gets triggered when an alert is detected on Azure monitor which triggers Logic App and fires up the connected Azure functions.
- Contributed to the development of Azure functions that will interact with different databases and use Sendgrid to send emails to users to fix things according to standards.
Azure DevOps Using Kubernetes
- Architected and implemented the AKS Kubernetes cluster from scratch.
- Automated the creation of several environments using Infrastructure As Code/IAC(Terraform).
- Deployed the whole solution using Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Ensured the scaling of the cluster in real-time when more machine learning jobs were submitted.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Developed ILM solution to be compatible with Dodd-Frank.
- Implemented Ansible Tower to manage all the server estate.
- Implemented ELK solution and Graphite, Grafana monitoring tools.
- Architected the components to be highly available for DR and BC purposes.
- Implemented the grid utilization tool which helped in saving millions of dollars on infrastructure spending.
Monitoring Team Lead
- Monitored the whole of the online technology group.
- Architected the solution by placing multiple monitoring collectors in each data center for HA and latency purposes.
- Extended the Zenoss tool by coding custom Zenpacks for application monitoring.
- Migrated the applications from data centres to AWS cloud.
- Analyzed many monitoring tools to find which solution meets the requirements and better value for money.
- Introduced the configuration management tools such as puppet and Ansible to manage 60 monitoring servers and around 3,500 servers used for different applications.
Data Center Migration (1,400 Servers)
Architected, designed, and implemented the application, tooling, monitoring layers from infra and DevOps perspective to support the big data applications to be redundant, highly available, and scalable with blue-green/zero downtime deployments. As an end result, migrated around 21 environments successfully without compromising on security, adhering to CIS standards, and passing all ITHC.
Did many upgrades and POCs on hybrid cloud, PCF, and private clouds.
AKS Automated Zero Down Time Deployment
Setup the Azure DevOps build pipelines and release pipelines which will get triggered on developer commits and build the required docker images and push the same to Azure container registry with appropriate tags, generate the artifacts and pushed the same as part of rolling updates in release pipelines.
Enabled the logging, and used different patterns of deployment in Kubernetes as this is for AI/ML application. Used node pools and enabled autoscaling for the same and made sure for ML GPU workloads only one pod runs on a given node(with Nvidia drivers installed as part of Daemonset) and based on the resource limits spin up a new node for a new ML GPU workload pod.
Subscription-based Mobile Trading App
Django, Selenium, Spark, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Windows PowerShell, Hadoop, React Native, Twisted, .NET Core
REST APIs, Jira REST API, Terragrunt, Node.js, React, jQuery, AWS Amplify, Dask, Azure Blob Storage API
AWS ELB, AWS CloudFormation, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Azure DevOps Services, Ansible, Docker Compose, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Jira, Confluence, GitHub, Jenkins, Atlassian Suite, ELK (Elastic Stack), Zenoss, Zabbix, Subversion (SVN), GitLab CI/CD, TeamCity, Cucumber, Grafana, SonarQube, Terraform, Packer, Vault, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Amazon EKS, Kibana, VPN, NGINX, Logging, HashiCorp, AWS IAM, BigQuery, Helm, Logstash, Puppet, Docker Swarm, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Bitbucket, Ansible Tower, Chef, SaltStack, Mesos, Splunk, CircleCI, BOSH, Kafka Streams, RabbitMQ, Nagios, AWS Glue, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Apache, AWS AppSync, Squid, Git, Apache Maven, Artifactory, Mercurial, VMware, AWS Fargate, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Azure Logic Apps, Azure Key Vault, Amazon EBS, Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon SageMaker, LoadRunner, Apache Sqoop, Kong, NVIDIA Grid SDK, Bamboo, Azure Machine Learning
ETL, Data Science, Rapid Application Development (RAD), DevOps, Agile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), Behavior-driven Development (BDD), PRINCE2, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment, Continuous Delivery (CD), DevSecOps, Continuous Development (CD), ITIL, Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), Distributed Computing, Azure DevOps, Penetration Testing, Microservices
Amazon EC2, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux CentOS 7, CentOS 6, Ubuntu Linux, Alpine Linux, AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure IaaS, Rancher, Heroku, VMware Tanzu Application Service (TAS) (Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)), Oracle, MacOS, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows, Linux, Apache Kafka, Azure Functions, DigitalOcean, AWS IoT, Spinnaker, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Security, IT Security, Project Management, Cybersecurity
Auto-scaling Cloud Infrastructure, On-premise, JSON, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Elasticsearch, Azure Cloud Services, Data Pipelines, Redshift, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, MariaDB, Google Cloud, Azure SQL Databases, Azure Cosmos DB, Amazon EFS, Neo4j, Apache Hive, Microsoft SQL Server, Datadog
Cloud Platforms, Cloud Infrastructure, AWS DevOps, Infrastructure, Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure, Architecture, IT Governance, IT Infrastructure, GAP Analysis, Implementation, Product Roadmaps, Organization, Resource Allocation, APIs, Site Reliability, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Linux Server Administration, Web Scalability, Scalability, Software Architecture, Containers, Shell Scripting, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, Serverless, Groovy Scripting, Lambda Functions, Cloud, Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), AWS Certified Solution Architect, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, MCSA, MCSE | Private Cloud, Consul, Linux Administration, Web Application Firewall (WAF), SecOps, Sprint Planning, Sprint Retrospectives, Dashboard Development, Data Reporting, ETL Development, ETL Tools, Prometheus, Monitoring, IT Networking, Cloud Architecture, AWS Cloud Architecture, SSL Configurations, SSL, Web App Security, Documentation, NFS, SMTP, Infrastructure Monitoring, Log Management, Network Monitoring, Jira Administration, Jira Administrator, Build Pipelines, CI/CD Pipelines, ITSM, IT Service Management (ITSM), ITIL V3 Foundation Certified, AWS Secrets Manager, Azure Data Factory, IT Project Management, Benchmark Analysis, Amazon Kinesis, Networking, Proxies, Ruby Gems, Kubernetes Operations (Kops), High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR), Cloud Foundry, Big Data, Big Data Architecture, WebSockets, GPU Computing, Machine Learning, Writing & Editing, IBM Cloud, SOAP, Nomad, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse, RHEL, SAP, Graphite, Load Balancers, Amazon API Gateway, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), Chromium, Apache Flume, Firewalls, SAP ERP, GitHub Actions, Debezium
Master's Degree in Information Technology
International Institute of Information Technology - Bangalore, India
Certified Kubernetes Administrator
The Cloud Native Computing Foundation
Atlassian Certified Confluence Administrator
Atlassian Certified System Administrator
Atlassian Certified Jira Service Desk Administrator
Google Cloud - Professional Cloud Architect
Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator
Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
ISTQB - BCS Certified Tester Foundation Level
AWS Certified Solution Architect - Professional
Prince2 Agile Practitioner
Prince2 Foundation Certificate in Project Management
Microsoft Specialist: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
Microsoft Specialist: Architecting
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer: Azure Solutions Architect
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Cloud platform and Infrastructure
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Cloud Platform
AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate
Python IKM Assessment