Senior DevOps Engineer2016 - PRESENTKubix
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Puppet, Big Data, Web Application Firewalls (WAF), Bitbucket, Artifactory, SonarQube, Maven, Ruby, Git, Groovy, AWS Lambda, SAP, Squid, Zabbix, Heroku, Rancher, Kubernetes, ELK (Elastic Stack), Vault, Consul, Packer, Docker, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Python, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure, AWS
- Migrated the servers (1,400) from on-premise data centers to the public cloud.
- Converted monolithic applications to microservices.
- Used IAC Terraform and Cloudformation to deploy the infrastructure.
- Set up CI/CD pipelines starting from the creation of images, rolling out the environments to pushing the application code changes/features to production.
- Built many monitoring solutions for different projects including ELK, Zabbix, and Prometheus. Involved in creating and managing Kubernetes clusters, ELK clusters, Kafka clusters for many projects.
- Architected the end-to-end solutions securely including logging, alerting, and auditing(ITHC).
- Coded in multiple languages, well versed in serverless programming and front end using React, Amplify, AppSync, GraphQL, DynamoDB.
- Migrated and managed Atlassian Product Suite to the Cloud.
- Migrated SAP HANA workloads to the public AWS Cloud.
DevOps Engineer for System Migration to IBM Cloud and AWS Cloud2020 - 2020Toptal
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EFS, AWS Lambda, NFS, AWS CloudWatch, AWS EBS, AWS S3, AWS, IBM Cloud, Python 3
- Migrated the entire framework from bare metal to IBM and AWS.
- Implemented hybrid cloud framework for DR and BCP, coded in such a way it can run across multiple regions in case of disaster recovery.
- Implement CI-CD pipelines in Jenkins, which will create and manage the deployments.
- Implemented EBS NFS along with EFS solution to speed up the jobs and parallel processing has been used for modeling.
Linux DevOps for Chromium Project2020 - 2020Toptal
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Chromium, MacOS, DevOps, AWS S3, AWS
- Built a framework to build Chromium source code using multiple nodes.
- Setup CICD pipelines in Jenkins which will get triggered automatically when a commit has been made. It will pull and merge the custom changes to the original source code and build both for Linux and macOS variants.
- Stored artifacts in AWS S3 and AWS EC2 instances were launched and terminated after the job has been done.
Azure DevOps with Security Focus2020 - 2020Toptal
Technologies: Microservices, Monitoring, Azure Blob Storage API, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Key Vault, Terraform, Penetration Testing, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), Azure Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Azure SQL Databases, Azure DevOps
- Architected and managed end-to-end application from cloud and DevOps point of view.
- Implemented Terraform and Terragrunt and created many environments.
- Implemented monitoring using Azure Monitor and prepared the solution for SOC 2 audit compliance.
- Implemented proper segregation of subscriptions, groups.
- Implemented and secured Azure Postgresql and integrated the same with application code through environment variables using Ad Ops.
Azure DevOps2020 - 2020Toptal
Technologies: Monitoring, Azure Logic Apps, Python 3, Terraform, Terragrunt, Azure
- Implemented Azure ARM templates for IAC and created many ephemeral environments.
- Implemented and developed many Azure Functions in Python, LogicApps, and built the whole ecosystem.
- Architected the solution which gets triggered when an alert is detected on Azure monitor which triggers Logic App and fires up the connected Azure functions.
- Azure functions will interact with different databases and use Sendgrid to send emails to users to fix things according to standards.
Azure Devops Using Kubernetes2019 - 2020Toptal
Technologies: Azure DevOps, Distributed Computing, PostgreSQL, Django, Elasticsearch, Dask, Python 3, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Kubernetes, Docker, Azure
- Architected and implemented the AKS Kubernetes cluster from scratch.
- Automated the creation of several environments using Infrastructure As Code/IAC(Terraform).
- Deployed the whole solution using Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Ensure the scaling of the cluster in real-time when more machine learning jobs were submitted.
Vice President2015 - 2016Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Developed ILM solution to be compatible with Dodd-Frank.
- Implemented Ansible Tower to manage all the server estate.
- Implemented ELK solution and Graphite, Grafana monitoring tools.
- Architected the components to be highly available for DR and BC purposes.
- Implemented the grid utilization tool which helped in saving millions of dollars on infrastructure spending.
Monitoring Team Lead2011 - 2015BBC
- Monitored the whole of the online technology group.
- Architected the solution by placing multiple monitoring collectors in each data center for HA and latency purposes.
- Extended the Zenoss tool by coding custom Zenpacks for application monitoring.
- Migrated the applications from data centres to AWS cloud.
- Analyzed many monitoring tools to find which solution meets the requirements and better value for money.
- Introduced the configuration management tools such as puppet and Ansible to manage 60 monitoring servers and around 3,500 servers used for different applications.