- Senior Ruby DeveloperVydia2014 - 2016
Technologies: Ruby, Cuba, Codeship, AWS, Capistrano, Git
- Developed a web application for helping musicians distribute their content and monetize their videos.
- Helped current developers using best practices and libraries and mentoring in Agile methodologies (Scrum, CI, TDD, etc).
- Introduced a continuous integration pipeline: deployment with Capistrano, automatic deployment with Git hooks, regression testing, and all put together with Codeship.
- Developed a Socket.io server for collecting video metrics.
- Maintained, improved, and supported Amazon web service infrastructure: S3, EC2, ELB.
- Senior Ruby on Rails DeveloperMitreMedia2013 - 2014
- Developed different Rails Engine for creating WordPress-like applications.
- Developed Rails Engines for administrating websites.
- Wrote tests using Cucumber, Rspec, and FactoryGirl.
- Lead Ruby on Rails DeveloperPR Newswire2011 - 2013
- Led development of a web application that generates HTML content for online advertisement.
- Developed unit and functional tests.
- Set up a continuous integration server.
- Prepared 12-hours of training for the Ruby language and Rails framework.
- Made a web application responsive for all devices and screen sizes.
- Lead ArchitectBrilig.com2010 - 2011
Technologies: Ruby, Java, Python
- Led the architecture of a web application to exchange user data between companies.
- Developed a web application for collecting and sending user data with a demand of 500 requests per second and a return time of 100ms. The application is running in a cluster of 20 nodes on Amazon EC2.
- Developed a web application in Ruby on Rails for browsing and purchasing user data.
- Developed mapreduce applications to manipulate more than 1 TB of data in Java and Python.
- Developed a Ruby on Rails application for managing the database, run reports, transaction, and map reduce jobs.
- Maintained a distributed index updated in more than 5 nodes.
- Implemented a Scrum environment.
- Sr. Software DeveloperMedia Math2008 - 2009
Technologies: Ruby, Java, Python
- Developed a web application for purchasing online advertisement space automatically.
- Developed Ruby on Rails application for managing assets and for an online campaign.
- Developed Ruby scripts to automate tasks.
- Developed a scheduler in Java to publish campaigns to 3 different ad exchanges.
- Developed back-end in Java to administer domain model.
- Sr. Software DeveloperJones Apparel Group2007 - 2008
- Developed an e-commerce engine.
- Maintained several ecommerce sites: ninewest.com, bandolino.com, barneys.com, and espirit.com.
- Integrated retail store with online sites inventory.
- Developed a Ruby on Rails application for running reports.
- Developed Ruby scripts for manipulating files.
- Developed reports in SQL.
- Java DeveloperRoyal Caribbean2007 - 2007
- Contributed to a team of 30 developers responsible of developing point of sales for travel agencies.
- Consumed web services.
- Wrote unit tests.
- Created JSP pages.
- Maintained JDocs to keep them up to date.
- Java DeveloperTracfone2006 - 2007
- Coded a web application using Spring MVC.
- Coded models to talk to a rational DB using Hibernate.
- Developed web services for providing an API.
- Wrote Unit and Integration tests for models, services, and controllers.
- Wrote SQL scripts for reporting.
- Application DeveloperGlobeTel Communication2004 - 2006
- Developed web services for transferring money from a bank account to a prepaid calling card with Java and Spring. The application was integrated with banks in Mexico and Venezuela through web services. The web service had to support a high demand and was not allowed to be down.
- Developed a web application for managing the web services, transactions, and clients.
- Developed various SQL reports.
- Developed an application for managing the stock options for employees.
- Managed and added accounts to an Asterix in test environment.
- ColdFusion DeveloperCesuras.com2004 - 2004
- Developed an online pharmacy with ColdFusion.
- Developed admin app for managing inventory.
- Integrated application with Fedex.
- Gathered requirments from client.
- Java DeveloperMaclee Express2003 - 2004
- Developed web application for taking printing orders in stores.
- Developed algorithm for ordering jobs the most efficient way.
- Developed a web application to work on a touch screen kiosk.
- Coded SQL reports for financial use.
- Developed unit tests with JUnit.
- Java DeveloperHCPersonal2002 - 2003
- Developed modules for a web application for collecting patient histories.
- Developed reusable tag libs for the UI.
- Managed deployments to test and UAT environments.
- Developed a web service for 3rd parties APIs.
- PHP DeveloperMendquest2001 - 2002
- Developed forums for client in PHP.
- Developed and maintained shopping carts in PHP.
- Supported clients managing content of websites.
- Set up LAMP environments for deploying PHP web applications.
- ASP DeveloperCientífica Sur1999 - 2000
- Developed an online bookstore with ASP .
- Set up a IIS server for deploying the application.
- Gathered requirements from clients.
- Developed database schema for bookstore.
- Developed admin application for managing bookstore.