- Senior Rails Developer2017 - 2018Corsis
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AngularJS
- Developed a web application that enabled clients to browse their IT ratings and allowed over-time comparison of ratings with other performers in the IT industry.
- Developed an admin application for handling users, profiles, clients, and access to the main application.
- Developed a web application with AngularJS for letting SMEs collect company data in a practical way.
- Wrote feature tests with Cucumber.
- Refactored legacy code to incorporate a new design.
- React/Rails Developer2017 - 2018Housing.sfgov.org
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Salesforce
- Developed a web application for handling applications for housing in San Francisco.
- Developed the back-end API in Rails connected to Salesforce.
- Wrote tests in Jest, RSpec, and puppeteer.
- Created reusable components in React.
- Interacted with Salesforce using custom Salesforce SOQL language.
- Full-stack Developer2015 - 2016Instrumentl
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Heroku
- Implemented Agile best practices for organizing the team.
- Refactored a legacy Rails app to handle more load and use best practices.
- Covered the web app with unit tests for easier refactoring and implementing of CI.
- Built a matching framework for finding grants for students.
- Built a scraper for importing grants from the web.
- Senior Ruby Developer2014 - 2015Vydia
Technologies: Ruby, Cuba, Codeship, AWS, Capistrano, Git
- Developed a web application for helping musicians distribute their content and monetize their videos.
- Helped current developers using best practices and libraries and mentoring in Agile methodologies (Scrum, CI, TDD, etc).
- Introduced a continuous integration pipeline: deployment with Capistrano, automatic deployment with Git hooks, regression testing, and all put together with Codeship.
- Developed a Socket.IO server for collecting video metrics.
- Maintained, improved, and supported Amazon web service infrastructure: S3, EC2, ELB.
- Senior Ruby on Rails Developer2013 - 2014MitreMedia
- Developed a Rails engine for creating WordPress-like applications.
- Developed Rails engines for administrating websites.
- Wrote tests using Cucumber, Rspec, and FactoryGirl.
- Lead Ruby on Rails Developer2011 - 2013PR Newswire
- Led the development of a web application that generates HTML content for online advertisement.
- Developed unit and functional tests.
- Set up a continuous integration server.
- Prepared twelve hours' worth of training for the Ruby language and Rails framework.
- Made a web application responsive for all devices and screen sizes.
- Lead Architect2010 - 2011Brilig.com
Technologies: Ruby, Java, Python
- Led the architecture of a web application to exchange user data between companies.
- Developed a web application for collecting and sending user data with a demand of 500 requests per second and a return time of 100ms. The application is running in a cluster of twenty nodes on Amazon EC2.
- Developed a web application in Ruby on Rails for browsing and purchasing user data.
- Developed mapreduce applications to manipulate more than 1TB of data in Java and Python.
- Developed a Ruby on Rails application for managing the database, run reports, transaction, and map reduce jobs.
- Maintained a distributed index updated in more than five nodes.
- Implemented a Scrum environment.
- Senior Software Developer2008 - 2009Media Math
Technologies: Ruby, Java, Python
- Developed a web application for purchasing online advertisement space automatically.
- Developed a Ruby on Rails application for managing assets and for an online campaign.
- Developed Ruby scripts to automate tasks.
- Developed a scheduler in Java to publish campaigns to three different ad exchanges.
- Developed the back-end in Java to administer domain model.
- Senior Software Developer2007 - 2008Jones Apparel Group
- Developed an eCommerce engine.
- Maintained eCommerce sites for Nine West, Bandolino, Barneys, and Espirit brands.
- Integrated retail stores with online site inventories.
- Developed a Ruby on Rails application for running reports.
- Developed Ruby scripts for manipulating files.
- Developed reports in SQL.
- Java Developer2007 - 2007Royal Caribbean
- Contributed to a team of thirty developers responsible for developing points of sale for travel agencies.
- Consumed web services.
- Wrote unit tests.
- Created JSP pages.
- Maintained JDocs to keep them up to date.
- Java Developer2006 - 2007Tracfone
- Coded a web application using Spring MVC.
- Coded models to talk to a rational DB using Hibernate.
- Developed web services for providing an API.
- Wrote Unit and Integration tests for models, services, and controllers.
- Wrote SQL scripts for reporting.
- Application Developer2004 - 2006GlobeTel Communication
- Developed web services for transferring money from a bank account to a prepaid calling card with Java and Spring. The application was integrated with banks in Mexico and Venezuela through web services. The web service had to support a high demand and was not allowed to be down.
- Developed a web application for managing the web services, transactions, and clients.
- Developed various SQL reports.
- Developed an application for managing the stock options for employees.
- Managed and added accounts to an Asterix in test environment.
- ColdFusion Developer2004 - 2004Cesuras.com
- Developed an online pharmacy with ColdFusion.
- Developed an admin app for managing inventory.
- Integrated the application with Fedex.
- Gathered requirements from the client.
- Java Developer2003 - 2004Maclee Express
- Built a web application for taking printing orders in stores.
- Developed an algorithm for ordering jobs in the most efficient way.
- Created a web application to work on a touchscreen kiosk.
- Coded SQL reports for financial use.
- Developed unit tests with JUnit.
- Java Developer2002 - 2003HCPersonal
- Developed modules for a web application for collecting patient histories.
- Developed reusable tag libs for the UI.
- Managed deployments to test and UAT environments.
- Developed a web service for third-party APIs.
- PHP Developer2001 - 2002Mendquest
- Developed forums for a client in PHP.
- Developed and maintained shopping carts in PHP.
- Supported client content management capabilities for websites.
- Set up LAMP environments for deploying PHP web applications.
- ASP Developer1999 - 2000Científica Sur
- Developed an online bookstore with ASP.
- Set up an IIS server for deploying the application.
- Gathered requirements from clients.
- Developed database schema for a bookstore.
- Developed an admin application for managing the bookstore.