Lead Developer2020 - 2020Awesome Doc
- Developed a community-based application for rating and recommending doctors. Users were able to ask for recommendations to friends in this way creating a list of selected practitioners.
- Developed React components and tested them using Jest.
- Developed controllers and models and tested them using RSpec.
- Used agile best practices for organizing tasks and responsibilities.
Senior Full-stack Developer2019 - 2020Children's Council San Francisco
- Led the development of a search engine for connecting eligible families to a subsidized childcare service.
- Integrated the search engine app with a WordPress application.
- Developed components and controllers in Angular as part of the architecture of the application.
- Interacted with designers to integrate images, UI, and UX.
Senior Full-stack Developer2018 - 2019California Court Digital Service
- Led the development of a plugin for searching courts in React and displaying them in a very friendly way to the user. The purpose of the app was to improve the experience of the search result.
- Connected the front end of the app with the Google Spreadsheets API for doing the search. We were using Google Spreadsheets as our database.
- Interacted with designers to integrate design with UI, images, and UX.
- Wrote tests in Jest for testing the React components.
- Wrote tests using Puppeteer for end-to-end testing of use cases.
Senior Rails Developer2017 - 2018Corsis
- Developed a web application that enabled clients to browse their IT ratings and allowed over-time comparison of ratings with other performers in the IT industry.
- Developed an admin application for handling users, profiles, clients, and access to the main application.
- Developed a web application with AngularJS for letting SMEs collect company data in a practical way.
- Wrote feature tests with Cucumber for testing functionality.
- Refactored legacy code to incorporate a new design.
Senior React/Rails Developer2017 - 2018Housing.sfgov.org
Technologies: Salesforce, React, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Developed a web application for handling applications for housing in San Francisco.
- Created the back-end API in Rails connected to Salesforce.
- Wrote tests in Jest, RSpec, and puppeteer for testing components.
- Created reusable components in React to be integrated in the app.
- Interacted with Salesforce using custom Salesforce SOQL language.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2016Instrumentl
Technologies: Heroku, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Implemented Agile best practices for organizing the team.
- Refactored a legacy Rails app to handle more load and use best practices.
- Covered the web app with unit tests for easier refactoring and implementing of CI.
- Built a matching framework for finding grants for students.
- Built a scraper for importing grants from the web.
Senior Ruby Developer2014 - 2015Vydia
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, Capistrano, AWS, Codeship, Cuba, Ruby
- Developed a web application for helping musicians distribute their content and monetize their videos.
- Helped current developers using best practices and libraries and mentoring in Agile methodologies (Scrum, CI, TDD, etc).
- Introduced a continuous integration pipeline: deployment with Capistrano, automatic deployment with Git hooks, regression testing, and all put together with Codeship.
- Developed a Socket.IO server for collecting video metrics.
- Maintained, improved, and supported Amazon web service infrastructure: S3, EC2, ELB.
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer2013 - 2014MitreMedia
- Developed a Rails engine for creating WordPress-like applications.
- Developed Rails engines for administrating websites.
- Wrote tests using Cucumber, Rspec, and FactoryGirl.
Lead Ruby on Rails Developer2011 - 2013PR Newswire
- Led the development of a web application that generates HTML content for online advertisement.
- Developed unit and functional tests.
- Set up a continuous integration server.
- Prepared twelve hours' worth of training for the Ruby language and Rails framework.
- Made a web application responsive for all devices and screen sizes.
Lead Architect2010 - 2011Brilig.com
Technologies: Python, Java, Ruby
- Led the architecture of a web application to exchange user data between companies.
- Developed a web application for collecting and sending user data with a demand of 500 requests per second and a return time of 100ms. The application is running in a cluster of twenty nodes on Amazon EC2.
- Developed a web application in Ruby on Rails for browsing and purchasing user data.
- Developed mapreduce applications to manipulate more than 1TB of data in Java and Python.
- Developed a Ruby on Rails application for managing the database, run reports, transaction, and map reduce jobs.
- Maintained a distributed index updated in more than five nodes.
- Implemented a Scrum environment.
Senior Software Developer2008 - 2009Media Math
- Developed a web application for purchasing online advertisement space automatically.
- Developed a Ruby on Rails application for managing assets and for an online campaign.
- Developed Ruby scripts to automate tasks.
- Developed a scheduler in Java to publish campaigns to three different ad exchanges.
- Developed the back-end in Java to administer domain model.
Senior Software Developer2007 - 2008Jones Apparel Group
- Developed an eCommerce engine.
- Maintained eCommerce sites for Nine West, Bandolino, Barneys, and Espirit brands.
- Integrated retail stores with online site inventories.
- Developed a Ruby on Rails application for running reports.
- Developed Ruby scripts for manipulating files.
- Developed reports in SQL.
Java Developer2007 - 2007Royal Caribbean
- Contributed to a team of thirty developers responsible for developing points of sale for travel agencies.
- Consumed web services.
- Wrote unit tests.
- Created JSP pages.
- Maintained JDocs to keep them up to date.
Java Developer2006 - 2007Tracfone
- Coded a web application using Spring MVC.
- Coded models to talk to a rational DB using Hibernate.
- Developed web services for providing an API.
- Wrote Unit and Integration tests for models, services, and controllers.
- Wrote SQL scripts for reporting.
Application Developer2004 - 2006GlobeTel Communication
- Developed web services for transferring money from a bank account to a prepaid calling card with Java and Spring. The application was integrated with banks in Mexico and Venezuela through web services. The web service had to support a high demand and was not allowed to be down.
- Developed a web application for managing the web services, transactions, and clients.
- Developed various SQL reports.
- Developed an application for managing the stock options for employees.
- Managed and added accounts to an Asterix in test environment.
ColdFusion Developer2004 - 2004Cesuras.com
- Developed an online pharmacy with ColdFusion.
- Developed an admin app for managing inventory.
- Integrated the application with Fedex.
- Gathered requirements from the client.
Java Developer2003 - 2004Maclee Express
- Built a web application for taking printing orders in stores.
- Developed an algorithm for ordering jobs in the most efficient way.
- Created a web application to work on a touchscreen kiosk.
- Coded SQL reports for financial use.
- Developed unit tests with JUnit.
Java Developer2002 - 2003HCPersonal
- Developed modules for a web application for collecting patient histories.
- Developed reusable tag libs for the UI.
- Managed deployments to test and UAT environments.
- Developed a web service for third-party APIs.
PHP Developer2001 - 2002Mendquest
- Developed forums for a client in PHP.
- Developed and maintained shopping carts in PHP.
- Supported client content management capabilities for websites.
- Set up LAMP environments for deploying PHP web applications.
ASP Developer1999 - 2000Científica Sur
- Developed an online bookstore with ASP.
- Set up an IIS server for deploying the application.
- Gathered requirements from clients.
- Developed database schema for a bookstore.
- Developed an admin application for managing the bookstore.