Senior Full-Stack Developer2021 - 2021Freelance
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR), React, RSpec, Cypress.io
- Develop UI components in React for managing different components such as volunteering, donation, campaigns, and idea boards.
- Developer graphql queries to be consumed by React components.
- Develop controllers, views, and models in Ruby on Rails for the admin to manage the platform.
Senior Full-stack Developer2020 - 2020Freelance
- Developed an application to keep track of different metrics of mental health and habits tracking. The user was able to daily go to the app and keep track of his moods, anxiety sleep, sadness, and more.
- Developed the ability to create custom trackers and built components in React and Ruby on Rails.
- Built a user interface to display trackers data in different ways: as calendars, as line chars, and as bar charts.
- Used Redux for state management. Developed action creators and reducers.
- Led the team with agile/scrum best practices like stand-ups, user stories, and iteration planning and retrospectives.
- Built the entire control flow, from sign-up to login and account deletion. Developed React components and Ruby on Rails models and controllers.
- Developed a responsive application to work on mobile devices.
- Created jobs in Sidekiq for sending recurrent emails and DB data processing.
- Developed an API for front-end React components with token authentication.
Senior Full-stack Developer2020 - 2020Awesome Doc
- Developed a community-based application for rating and recommending doctors. Users were able to ask for recommendations to friends, creating a list of selected practitioners.
- Developed React components and tested them using Jest.
- Built controllers and models in Ruby on Rails and tested them using RSpec.
- Used agile best practices for organizing tasks and responsibilities.
- Developed a responsive application to work on mobile devices.
Senior Full-stack Developer2019 - 2019Children's Council San Francisco
- Led the development of a search engine for connecting eligible families to a subsidized childcare service.
- Integrated the search engine app with a WordPress application.
- Developed components and controllers in Angular as part of the architecture of the application.
- Interacted with designers to integrate images, UI, and UX.
- Developed a unit test in RSpect and a feature test in Cucumber.
CTO2018 - 2019HipChip
- Developed a web application for making group gifts—it enables users to send money to a pool and the administrator to buy a gift card for a recipient with that money.
- Integrate third-party APIs for getting gift cards and processing payments.
Senior Full-stack Developer2018 - 2019California Court Digital Service
- Led the development of a plugin for searching courts in React that allowed displaying them in a very friendly way to the user. The purpose of the app was to improve the experience of the search result.
- Connected the front end of the app with the Google Spreadsheets API for the search.
- Interacted with designers to integrate design with UI, images, and UX.
- Wrote tests in Jest for testing the React components.
- Wrote tests using Puppeteer for end-to-end testing of use cases.
Senior Rails Developer2017 - 2018Corsis
- Developed a web application that enabled clients to browse their IT ratings and allowed over-time comparison of ratings with other performers in the IT industry.
- Developed an admin application for handling users, profiles, clients, and access to the main application.
- Developed a web application with AngularJS for letting SMEs collect company data in a practical way.
- Wrote feature tests with Cucumber for testing functionality.
- Refactored legacy code to incorporate a new design.
Senior React/Rails Developer2017 - 2018Housing.sfgov.org
Technologies: Salesforce, React, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Developed a web application for handling applications for housing in San Francisco.
- Created the back-end API in Rails connected to Salesforce.
- Wrote tests in Jest, RSpec, and puppeteer for testing components.
- Created reusable components in React to be integrated in the app.
- Interacted with Salesforce using custom Salesforce SOQL language.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2016Instrumentl
Technologies: Heroku, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Implemented Agile best practices for organizing the team.
- Refactored a legacy Rails app to handle more load and use best practices.
- Covered the web app with unit tests for easier refactoring and implementing of CI.
- Built a matching framework for finding grants for students.
- Built a scraper for importing grants from the web.
Lead Developer2015 - 2015iRIPARO
- Developed a cloud-based web application that was used by more than 86 stores in Europe to process requests for smartphone repairs and returns.
- Trained and mentored two junior developers to develop stable, supportable Ruby on Rails applications, using recognized standards and best practices.
- Ensured that all developed applications operated according to customers’ requirements.
Senior Ruby Developer2014 - 2015Vydia
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, Capistrano, AWS, Codeship, Cuba, Ruby
- Developed a web application for helping musicians distribute their content and monetize their videos.
- Helped current developers using best practices and libraries and mentoring in Agile methodologies (Scrum, CI, TDD, etc).
- Introduced a continuous integration pipeline: deployment with Capistrano, automatic deployment with Git hooks, regression testing, and all put together with Codeship.
- Developed a Socket.IO server for collecting video metrics.
- Maintained, improved, and supported Amazon web service infrastructure: S3, EC2, ELB.
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer2013 - 2014MitreMedia
- Developed a Rails engine for creating WordPress-like applications.
- Developed Rails engines for administrating websites.
- Wrote tests using Cucumber, Rspec, and FactoryGirl.
Lead Ruby on Rails Developer2011 - 2013PR Newswire
- Led the development of a web application that generates HTML content for online advertisement.
- Developed unit and functional tests.
- Set up a continuous integration server.
- Prepared twelve hours' worth of training for the Ruby language and Rails framework.
- Made a web application responsive for all devices and screen sizes.
Lead Architect2010 - 2011Brilig.com
Technologies: Python, Java, Ruby
- Led the architecture of a web application to exchange user data between companies.
- Developed a web application for collecting and sending user data with a demand of 500 requests per second and a return time of 100ms. The application is running in a cluster of twenty nodes on Amazon EC2.
- Developed a web application in Ruby on Rails for browsing and purchasing user data.
- Developed mapreduce applications to manipulate more than 1TB of data in Java and Python.
- Developed a Ruby on Rails application for managing the database, run reports, transaction, and map reduce jobs.
- Maintained a distributed index updated in more than five nodes.
- Implemented a Scrum environment.
Senior Software Developer2008 - 2009Media Math
- Developed a web application for purchasing online advertisement space automatically.
- Developed a Ruby on Rails application for managing assets and for an online campaign.
- Developed Ruby scripts to automate tasks.
- Developed a scheduler in Java to publish campaigns to three different ad exchanges.
- Developed the back-end in Java to administer domain model.
Senior Software Developer2007 - 2008Jones Apparel Group
- Developed an eCommerce engine.
- Maintained eCommerce sites for Nine West, Bandolino, Barneys, and Espirit brands.
- Integrated retail stores with online site inventories.
- Developed a Ruby on Rails application for running reports.
- Developed Ruby scripts for manipulating files.
- Developed reports in SQL.
Java Developer2007 - 2007Royal Caribbean
- Contributed to a team of thirty developers responsible for developing points of sale for travel agencies.
- Consumed web services.
- Wrote unit tests.
- Created JSP pages.
- Maintained JDocs to keep them up to date.
Java Developer2006 - 2007Tracfone
- Coded a web application using Spring MVC.
- Coded models to talk to a rational DB using Hibernate.
- Developed web services for providing an API.
- Wrote Unit and Integration tests for models, services, and controllers.
- Wrote SQL scripts for reporting.
Application Developer2004 - 2006GlobeTel Communication
- Developed web services for transferring money from a bank account to a prepaid calling card with Java and Spring. The application was integrated with banks in Mexico and Venezuela through web services. The web service had to support a high demand and was not allowed to be down.
- Developed a web application for managing the web services, transactions, and clients.
- Developed various SQL reports.
- Developed an application for managing the stock options for employees.
- Managed and added accounts to an Asterix in test environment.
ColdFusion Developer2004 - 2004Cesuras.com
- Developed an online pharmacy with ColdFusion.
- Developed an admin app for managing inventory.
- Integrated the application with Fedex.
- Gathered requirements from the client.
Java Developer2003 - 2004Maclee Express
- Built a web application for taking printing orders in stores.
- Developed an algorithm for ordering jobs in the most efficient way.
- Created a web application to work on a touchscreen kiosk.
- Coded SQL reports for financial use.
- Developed unit tests with JUnit.
Java Developer2002 - 2003HCPersonal
- Developed modules for a web application for collecting patient histories.
- Developed reusable tag libs for the UI.
- Managed deployments to test and UAT environments.
- Developed a web service for third-party APIs.
PHP Developer2001 - 2002Mendquest
- Developed forums for a client in PHP.
- Developed and maintained shopping carts in PHP.
- Supported client content management capabilities for websites.
- Set up LAMP environments for deploying PHP web applications.
ASP Developer1999 - 2000Científica Sur
- Developed an online bookstore with ASP.
- Set up an IIS server for deploying the application.
- Gathered requirements from clients.
- Developed database schema for a bookstore.
- Developed an admin application for managing the bookstore.