- Machine Learning Engineer2015 - 2015Databricks
- Managed and reviewed open source contributions to Apache Spark MLlib, a distributed machine learning library.
- Built interactive D3 visualizations for machine learning model visualization.
- Implemented distributed variants of multiple machine learning algorithms, including: LDA, GMM, and PrefixSpan.
- Implemented performance testing and QA for the Spark 1.5 release.
- Contributed low-level optimizations involving off-heap JVM caching to Spark SQL's Project Tungsten.
- Technology Associate2014 - 2014Bridgewater
Technologies: Scala, D3, R, Shiny, Weka, LibSVM
- Built a D3.js-based decision tree training, analysis, and inspection web app for use by financial analysts and managers.
- Built a predictive model of employee performance from various data unstructured (e.g. emails, performance reviews) and structured (e.g. telemetry, trading data).
- Authored a technical report about model uncertainty and confidence which proposed a confidence-weighted averaging scheme now used in production deployments.
- Performed network analysis of internal company communications (emails and instant messages), identified cliques within company and isolated teams.
- Proposed and implemented an algorithm for determining next best splits in a decision tree as well as a method for evaluating the value of additional information.
- Software Engineer2013 - 2013
- Built a change history data workflow which performs aggregation on more than 100 TB of daily change data.
- Introduced advanced analytical tools for online advertising campaign management, including segmentation and anomaly detection.
- Improved the test coverage of Google Adwords front-end by writing unit (JUnit, Mocha) and integration (WebDriver) tests.
- Software Development Engineer2012 - 2012Microsoft
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, SCOM, SCCM
- Automated telemetry and reporting for Microsoft Office's internal build and test tools.
- Deployed SCOM/SCCM for managing configuration of entire Office Shared Services multi-device build systems.
- Built web application integrated with SCOM to display health of build and test services and notifications of outages for internal developer stakeholders.