Freelance Software Engineer2011 - PRESENTFiruz Baran Elis
Technologies: Java, Scala, Golang, Android, Maven, Git, Kafka, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Created large-scale applications using Java, Scala, and Golang.
- Created back-end RESTful services.
- Worked solo on everything from the initial idea stage to full implementation, deployment, maintenance, and customer relations.
- Created several Android applications with over 100k users.
Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2015eBay Classifieds
Technologies: Java, Scala, Golang, Spring, MySQL, ActiveMQ, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Git
- Created a scalable, multi-tenant, multi-datacenter in-house advertising solution using Java, Scala, and Go.
- Developed a RESTful API for clients to manage their ads.
- Created a real-time event processing system using Storm.
- Maintained a multi-tenant, international system 24/7 with DevOps engineers.
- Created tools for migrating millions of records from one data source to another.
Software Engineer2010 - 2011Docdata Payments
Technologies: Java, Spring, Sybase, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, RESTful APIs, SOAP, XML, Eclipse
- Integrated different payment methods used by web shops in the Netherlands, Germany, and the UK.
- Designed and developed web services used by web shops to send payment orders using JAXWS and JAXRS APIs.
- Integrated PayPal, Hyves Afrekenen, Rabo SMS Betalen, Acoreus, and Afterpay.
- Used Test-driven Development.
- Developed a reconciliation framework for clients.
Software Engineer2007 - 2010Credit Europe Bank
Technologies: Java, Spring, XML, Service-Oriented Architecture, Eclipse, SVN
- Migrated the IT back-end system of the bank from Temenos Globus to a Java-based, service-oriented, reliable, fast, and scalable software system.
- Designed and developed the local payment systems.
- Developed services and front-ends using Java.
- Replaced the whole internet banking system with a template-based server side system using Java.
- Participated in the development and enhancement of a Rule Engine used as a scoring tool inside the bank.
- Developed an Eclipse based plugin validation tool and an editor for the in-house built Rule Engine.
- Helped develop a CRM tool for the bank.
Software Engineer2005 - 2007Milsoft
Technologies: Java, Spring, Hibernate, Swing, HLA
- Designed and developed the persistency layer of an electronic warfare simulation system.
- Implemented the persistency layer using Hibernate.
- Used Swing and applied MVP for the presentation layer.
- Used RAD for producing UML diagrams.
- Integrated reports by using Crystal Reports Java API.
- Followed a test-driven software development and Scrum methodology with two-week iterations during the entire project.