Francesco is a passionate software developer experienced in system architecture and design and dedicated to delivering highly maintainable and durable software. He has full-stack experience on the web platform focusing on the back end, distributed systems, and relational databases. Francesco thrives in agile environments, leading and mentoring developers into senior and lead roles, and providing the necessary guidance to development teams to be the most impactful for the business.
The most amazing...
...project I've led was the development of a distributed event-based eCommerce order tracking system that improved the read performance of the APIs 10x.
- Led the back-end platform team and set standards for the long-term scaling of the engineering department.
- Spearheaded design sessions for critical software parts, acting as the system architect and ensuring the preservation of the desired performance during peak loads.
- Guided and developed more than 30 performance improvements that allowed the business to scale to twice the existing customer base without degradation in user experience.
- Drove the entire business pipeline and revenue for the SaaS offering as the team lead and principal developer via a core business project.
- Designed the software system and led brainstorming sessions for technical solutions, preparing and splitting work into tickets, and preparing plans and documentation.
- Developed and integrated features and bug fixes, greatly improved test coverage, and set standards for back-end developers.
Predictable Revenue Inc.
- Served as part of the team that developed a lead generation software that helped grow from four to over 40 employees and scaled the number of emails sent daily by 10x.
- Developed report building for highly dynamic data, shifting from daily updates to real-time.
- Created a tool to calculate the spam score of email accounts, which drove a reduction in related costs by 80%.
- Planned feature development for a software team of eight developers.
- Integrated third-party APIs, such as Salesforce and Nylas.
- Developed and maintained CI, deployment pipeline, and server infrastructure.
- Promoted process improvements to reduce overhead and provide better visibility into in-progress work.
- Analyzed and collected business requirements to use in the development planning phase.
- Created software design and architecture of new features and refactors of existing ones.
- Established new coding standards that reduced software defects and simplified testing.
- Analyzed and developed Gestione, a software solution to manage: the membership of 50+ organizations, over 4,000 recurring subscriptions, personal data for 10,000+ people, and the creation of an activities calendar with more than 2,000 events per year.
- Coordinated third-party integrations with Gestione to provide chat services for subscribers.
- Provided technical solutions to scale many activities on the same page.
- Optimized world-map and calendar view API endpoints, decreasing load time by 80%.
- Designed a minimal-overhead internal process to request new features, performance improvements, and defects resolution.
- Developed and maintained deployment pipeline and server infrastructure.
Wine Ventures Barcelona
- Integrated Stripe API to support online payments for scheduled tours.
- Developed back-office to manage payments and refunds.
- Included support for calendar view for scheduled tours.
- Collected business requirements and designed user experience for back-office.
- Integrated email notification system for end-users and admin users.
- Provided i18n support for dual-language static and dynamic content.
- Configured parent-child relationship software to manage cat gene inheritance.
- Integrated CMS and customized workflows and UI to fit customer needs.
- Created an internal search engine for books.
- Designed public-facing UX for anonymous users.
- Built complex authorization system to manage library.
- Integrated a blog system.
- Implemented image pre-processing to support book covers.
- Developed back-office with virtual tour placement on boat deck layout images.
- Implemented newsletter with mass emailing capabilities based on website content.
- Provided I18n support of every element on the system.
- Integrated CMS.
- Optimized layout for mobile.
- Imported data from a MS Access database.
- Developed CSV import capabilities.
- Integrated existing company tools into internal CMS.
- Integrated CMS.
- Developed an authorization system for back-office.
- Developed membership cards with money payment.
- Converted MS Word documents into a news page.
- Created a newsletter system.
- Built a calendar to PDF conversion.
Santoboni carni SRL
- Created warehouse management with weight-loss tracking for meat.
- Built invoicing system which updates internal warehouse.
- Developed a desktop application and installer to support local use of the software.
- Created invoice archiving system and warehouse status charts.
- Created PHP interaction with database and user session management.
- Developed one-time-access forms for external users and sent end results to website owner.
- Implemented image upload and processing.
- Built a small blog system.
Redux, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Phoenix, Unpoly, CakePHP
RSpec, Git, Sublime Text
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Event Sourcing, Functional Programming
Software Development, Distributed Systems, Architecture, Full-stack, Product Management
jQuery, Node.js, Nylas API, Stripe, React
Linux, Ubuntu, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Windows
Coursework towards a Degree in Computer Science
Sapienza University of Rome - Italy