Freelance Full-Stack .NET Developer2018 - 2018Quality Training Systems (via Toptal)
Technologies: SQL Server Stored Procedures, ASP.NET MVC, Express.js
- Created and modified SQL stored procedures and views to feed DevExpress reports.
- Configured DevExpress reports to fetch data from a SQL Server database and display it in various formats such as grouped summarized or detailed.
- Made modifications to a custom ASP.NET MVC report framework so that users could pass parameters to the report (both optional and required).
Freelance Full-Stack .NET Developer2018 - 2018The Recording Academy (via Toptal)
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC/Web Forms, C#, Entity Framework, ADO.NET, SQL Server
- Modified a workflow written in ASP.NET Web Forms for press credentials application so that it became a two-step workflow.
- Implemented an ASP.NET identity authentication for an ASP.NET MVC project; specifically, I created pages for managing users and roles.
Back-end Web Engineer II2017 - 2018Arrow Electronics
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC, Sitecore, Backbone.js, Handlebars, REST API
- Maintained a Sitecore CMS by creating content in the back-end that content editors could manipulate, then used C# and ASP.NET MVC to expose it in the front-end.
- Created unit tests using NSubstitute to cover ASP.NET MVC code.
- Collaborated with remote API developers to consume data from REST APIs.
- Collaborated with remote front-end developers to expose data that they could use to drive user interfaces.
- Utilized Git and SourceTree for source control to push code changes to Bitbucket. Used the feature-per-branch strategy and feature flags to control a new code integration.
Freelance Full-Stack .NET Developer2016 - 2017Florida Department of Transportation (via Toptal)
Technologies: C#, .NET, Umbraco, Dapper, PayPal IPN, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server
- Maintained an Umbraco-based website using the .NET framework and the SQL server as a data store.
- Fixed various issues regarding performance and ensuring that the PayPal IPN transactions worked properly.
Adjunct Computer Science Instructor2015 - 2017Colorado Technical University
- Taught computer programming courses about data structures (linked lists, binary trees, and so on) and object-oriented programming.
Lead Software Engineer2013 - 2017Jobson Interactive
Technologies: .NET, ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, SQL, jQuery, Entity Framework, Azure Storage
- Created an n-tier .NET framework for eyeglass merchant ASP.NET MVC applications, which could be reused and customized for different customers.
- Maintained Azure WCF services with an Azure SQL database to serve data for an iPad application.
- Maintained windows services for importing and exporting data in different formats, using the SQLBulkCopy tool and staging tables to process create/update/delete operations.
- Created an admin portal using ASP.NET MVC and jQuery, so that customers could have more control over their processes such as exporting orders and sending emails from our back-end.
Xamarin Developer2015 - 2015Mobile RAD Solutions, LLC
Technologies: Xamarin, .NET, Android, iOS, Azure Notification Hubs
- Wrote .NET code to help develop a mobile application using Xamarin Forms, it was business logic in a portable class library that could be shared between iOS and Android versions of the app.
- Created iOS and Android specific functionality for Xamarin application by using platform-specific SDKs and Xamarin tools for custom rendering.
- Implemented authentication and Web APIs using Azure to store incoming and outgoing information from the app.
- Implemented push notifications to app with Azure Notification Hubs.
- Collaborated on source control using Visual Studio and Bitbucket.
Lead Software Developer2010 - 2013USA Triathlon
Technologies: .NET, C#, SQL Server, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC
- Created a data warehouse in SQL Server using table denormalization to support a website that returns race results instantly.
- Maintained and improved a legacy ASP.NET Web Forms CMS for USA Triathlon members, race directors, and events.
- Developed a web application using jQuery Mobile for use on mobile devices. The application allowed users to log-in, pick winners for a race and accumulate points based on their picks.
- Collaborated in the creation of a new events portal using ASP.NET Web Forms, DevExpress controls, and SQL Server.
- Performed, using stored procedures, a custom migration of data from a legacy database to a new database where the schemas were vastly different and a lot of mapping had to be done.
- Created web services using Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation to expose membership data using SOAP and REST.