Verified Expert in Engineering
Francisco is a full-stack engineer currently focused on hybrid apps (Ionic/Cordova) who has extensive experience in innovative solutions, Arduino, API/REST back-ends, distributed data manipulation systems, web applications, and UI/UX. He maintains a strong focus on sustainability and performance in his work and in the products he develops.
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a distributed time attendance system used by thousands of employees.
Mobile App Developer
Object Lateral, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Developed a cross-platform (Android/iOS) app that could scan ISBN barcodes directly from the device. The app was developed using Ionic framework to ease the startup and validate the product faster for both platforms.
- Generated a comprehensive document to share with the rest of the team so they could continue on without issues, considering they were not familiar with the environment. The barcode scanner was implemented directly from the app using the camera and worked flawlessly both in iOS and Android with impressive speed and accuracy.
Ionic Developer/PHP Back-end Developer
- Developed an Ionic app to show events happening in NY for both Android and iOS.
- Developed the API to serve the events and connect to the DB with CakePHP.
- Developed the admin panel to process all the data using the API and AngularJS with Bootstrap for the UI.
- Generated a tool to scrape public Facebook events to ease the task of adding info to the platform.
- Integrated a PHP-based reporting tool to the system.
- Using AWS, generated the server environment using Amazon's load balancer, private networks, Redis server, RDS database, and EBS to deploy new versions and scale as needed.
- Helped the UI redesign efforts.
- Coded a PHP back-end to support UI interactions.
- Added communication via sockets with a C++ server.
- Supported refactoring of the existing codebase.
- Refactored the existing front-end to make the site responsive.
College Webmaster Director
Instituto Superior Santo Domingo
- Handled coordination of professors.
- Planned course content and definitions.
- Handled student induction and assistance.
- Coordinated the e-learning course platform.
- Synchronized student professional profile definitions with current market requirements.
Webmaster, Telecommunications Professor
Instituto Superior Santo Domingo
- Handled content definition and maintained the class textbook manual to assist students.
- Taught a course on web app design and implementation, including work with CSS, HTML5, Ajax, XML, JSON, PHP, MySQL, and CakePHP.
- Worked with wave propagation basics, set up radio links (in practice and in theory), and worked with antennas.
- Used ANSI-EIA/TIA recommendations for structured cabling (e.g., 568, 569, 606, etc.).
- Used fiber optics basics and principles, emitters and detectors, optical loss and noise principles, and optical link theory and design. Fixed installation issues.
Front-end/Back-end Developer, WordPress Developer
- Developed responsive layouts.
- Created WordPress plugins.
- Customized WordPress themes.
- Implemented AngularJS apps for internal systems.
- Maintained and upgraded a Slim back-end.
Senior PHP Developer
- Redefined the architecture to support a one-page layout approach.
- Optimized the previous database engine and helped normalize it. Modeled the new database architecture.
- Handled charset migration and normalization to UTF8 both in the PHP back-end/front-end and in the MySQL engine.
- Worked with the team using JIRA and Scrum methodology to organize tasks.
- Implemented both front-end and back-end features using Backbone.js + Marionette.js.
- Helped organize tasks in the back-end to provide services for the API (JSON/XML) endpoints.
Applications Developer, Telecomunications Engineer
- Developed an Ionic/Apanche Cordova cross-platform app for both Android and iOS.
- Provided soft and hard technical support, installation, and maintenance of wired and wireless networks.
- Configured Huawei switches (3000, 5000, 9000 series) and cross-connections (optical/electrical) in high performance core networks.
- Designed, installed, and maintained digital CCTV surveillance systems.
Senior Java Developer
- Implemented database modeling for an ERP project using Erwin.
- Handled user interface implementation for the ERP project using J2EE/JSF/Hibernate.
- Implemented a Java back-end using a business delegate pattern.
- Defined GPS vehicle location system architecture.
- Handled front-end development using Google Maps and open source GIS, jQuery, PHP, and MySQL.
- Handled network integration of AVL GPS/GPRS devices.
- Handled graphic design of a main portal site and microsites using the Corel Graphics suite.
- Handled database modeling and platform design/implementation for a regional news portal.
- Developed an online tourism information management system with a calendar of regional events, photo galleries, user registrations, and photo sharing.
- Developed a music platform with an online WAV/MP3 player and a playlist management and sharing tool.
- Handled platform maintenance and upgrades.
Multibranch Time Control and Payroll System and Apps
UNP Club Membership Apps (iOS/Android)
Open Source Weather Stationhttp://openweatherstation.com
App for Volunteer Firefighters (Real-time Alert System)
Real-time Weather Service for Kitesurfing
All the data is plotted using pCharts and Ajax in a CakePHP environment.
PWA Angular Multi-site Management System
Digital Fingerprint Time Attendance System
The system is currently being used by several companies, one of them with more than 2,000 employees enrolled in several branches.
Ionic, CakePHP, Angular, Laravel, JSF, Hibernate, Slim, AngularJS
jQuery, Chart.js, RichFaces, Backbone.js, Marionette.js, Facebook API, React, Amazon Rekognition
Eclipse IDE, Xcode, Atom, Flash, Jira, Git, Amazon EBS, Amazon ElastiCache, AWS ELB
Arduino, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Android, Jakarta EE, J2SE, Oracle, WordPress, LAMP
MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Cordova, TCP/IP, Hybrid Apps, Hybrid App Developer, Wamp
Engineering Degree in Telecommunications
Blas Pascal University - Cordoba, Argentina