- Mobile App DeveloperObject Lateral, Inc. (via Toptal)2016 - 2017
Technologies: Ionic Framework, Cordova, HTML5, AngularJS, Git
- Developed a cross-platform (Android/iOS) app that could scan ISBN barcodes directly from the device. The app was developed using Ionic framework to ease the startup and validate the product faster for both platforms.
- Generated a comprehensive document to share with the rest of the team so they could continue on without issues, considering they were not familiar with the environment. The barcode scanner was implemented directly from the app using the camera and worked flawlessly both in iOS and Android with impressive speed and accuracy.
- Ionic Developer/PHP Back-end DeveloperInterKnowledge Corp2015 - 2017
Technologies: Ionic, Apache Cordova, CakePHP, AWS
- Developed an Ionic app to show events happening in NY for both Android and iOS.
- Developed the API to serve the events and connect to the DB with CakePHP.
- Developed the admin panel to process all the data using the API and AngularJS with Bootstrap for the UI.
- Generated a tool to scrape public Facebook events to ease the task of adding info to the platform.
- Integrated a PHP-based reporting tool to the system.
- Using AWS, generated the server environment using Amazon's load balancer, private networks, Redis server, RDS database, and EBS to deploy new versions and scale as needed.
- Developer, EngineerBryxe/Acupic2014 - 2016
- Helped the UI redesign efforts.
- Coded a PHP back-end to support UI interactions.
- Added communication via sockets with a C++ server.
- Supported refactoring of the existing codebase.
- Refactored the existing front-end to make the site responsive.
- College Webmaster DirectorInstituto Superior Santo Domingo2013 - 2016
Technologies: PHP, HTML5
- Handled coordination of professors.
- Planned course content and definitions.
- Handled student induction and assistance.
- Coordinated the e-learning course platform.
- Synchronized student professional profile definitions with current market requirements.
- Webmaster, Telecommunications ProfessorInstituto Superior Santo Domingo2007 - 2016
- Handled content definition and maintained the class textbook manual to assist students.
- Taught a course on web app design and implementation, including work with CSS, HTML5, Ajax, XML, JSON, PHP, MySQL, and CakePHP.
- Worked with wave propagation basics, set up radio links (in practice and in theory), and worked with antennas.
- Used ANSI-EIA/TIA recommendations for structured cabling (e.g., 568, 569, 606, etc.).
- Used fiber optics basics and principles, emitters and detectors, optical loss and noise principles, and optical link theory and design. Fixed installation issues.
- Front-end/Back-end Developer, WordPress DeveloperAudienceBloom2014 - 2015
Technologies: HTML5, Slim, PHP, jQuery, AngularJS, WordPress
- Developed responsive layouts.
- Created WordPress plugins.
- Customized WordPress themes.
- Implemented AngularJS apps for internal systems.
- Maintained and upgraded a Slim back-end.
- Senior PHP DeveloperFanattac2012 - 2013
- Redefined the architecture to support a one-page layout approach.
- Optimized the previous database engine and helped normalize it. Modeled the new database architecture.
- Handled charset migration and normalization to UTF8 both in the PHP back-end/front-end and in the MySQL engine.
- Worked with the team using JIRA and Scrum methodology to organize tasks.
- Implemented both front-end and back-end features using Backbone.js + Marionette.js.
- Helped organize tasks in the back-end to provide services for the API (JSON/XML) endpoints.
- Applications Developer, Telecomunications EngineerAxones2004 - 2012
- Developed an Ionic/Apanche Cordova cross-platform app for both Android and iOS.
- Provided soft and hard technical support, installation, and maintenance of wired and wireless networks.
- Configured Huawei switches (3000, 5000, 9000 series) and cross-connections (optical/electrical) in high performance core networks.
- Designed, installed, and maintained digital CCTV surveillance systems.
- Senior Java DeveloperThinksoft SA2007 - 2008
Technologies: PHP/HTML, Java, J2EE, J2SE, RichFaces, Oracle, MySQL
- Implemented database modeling for an ERP project using Erwin.
- Handled user interface implementation for the ERP project using J2EE/JSF/Hibernate.
- Implemented a Java back-end using a business delegate pattern.
- Defined GPS vehicle location system architecture.
- Handled front-end development using Google Maps and open source GIS, jQuery, PHP, and MySQL.
- Handled network integration of AVL GPS/GPRS devices.
- Web DeveloperDelNorteCordobes.com.ar2003 - 2005
- Handled graphic design of a main portal site and microsites using the Corel Graphics suite.
- Handled database modeling and platform design/implementation for a regional news portal.
- Developed an online tourism information management system with a calendar of regional events, photo galleries, user registrations, and photo sharing.
- Developed a music platform with an online WAV/MP3 player and a playlist management and sharing tool.
- Handled platform maintenance and upgrades.