Verified Expert in Engineering
Frantisek is a detail-oriented website and web application developer with a decade of experience delivering solutions, ranging from small microsites to big portals, including corporate intranets. He has been building Drupal-powered sites since version 4.7.
Git, PhpStorm, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was the complete overhaul of the company intranet with a custom data warehouse-like solution.
Software Engineer | Company Owner
- Created portal solutions for various clients in news media, healthcare, finance, and other industries.
- Delivered custom modules for organizing competitions for esports portals.
- Worked on the front end—doing everything from slicing the initial mockups to creating the HTML, CSS, and writing the templates.
- Developed multiple intranet solutions for clients with all sorts of backgrounds.
- Created an eCommerce solution for a pharmaceutical company and migrated the legacy system.
- Worked on the app portal for login into government services via mobile.
- Created content migration strategy and implementation for environments.
- Created a way for setting container parameters with environment variables.
- Mentored and supported junior developers new to Drupal.
- Created share-selected media files via link feature for a Media portal.
- Applied a new responsive UI design on a media portal.
- Maintained, installed, and updated Bash scripts and created installation procedures for Windows Server for a media portal.
- Supported a syncing application for workrooms with bug fixes and enhancements using Java.
- Supported my team with DevOps tasks, using Jenkins, Docker, Rancher, and Bash scripts.
- Created an update client and server for a workroom syncing application using Java and Docker.
- Worked together with a customer success team to deliver the best solutions for our customers.
- Created a PLAYzone esports portal that is now the biggest esports agency in the Czech and Slovak Republic.
- Built a new intranet solution for Aramark to collect and report operational data.
- Aided multiple EA Sports marketing campaigns with landing pages and facebook applications.
- Researched possibility and created prototype to explore and stream Czech television online archive on smart TVs.
Slovensko V Mobilehttps://ep.slovensko.sk/
The new eCommerce solution is built on Drupal 8 and Drupal Commerce with custom modules and enhancements. First, we created migration from a legacy database where we migrated the entire content, including order history. Then, we implemented a responsive front-end design and created a custom checkout flow for collecting information. Next, we implemented local tax rates and payment gateways. Finally, we created a custom orders admin page and an order state flow, exports for different shipping companies, an invoicing system, and a client communication interface for shop operators.
As a full-stack developer, I was responsible for setting up a dedicated LAMP server, migrating the content from WordPress to Drupal 8, and creating a responsive theme and trip search feature. I also built a search widget (a small Vue.js application) that consumed data from a local JSON API, integrating four different transportation providers' APIs.
As the lead front-end and back-end developer, I stood at the birth of both projects, where I created various modules.
• News, articles, blog writing, and administration.
• Online television archive and live broadcasting.
• Monitoring and reserving gaming servers.
• A tournament module with administration, user registration, automatic match scheduling with server assignments, entering player results, and single and double elimination spiders with automatic team progression.
• A ClanBase module where ClanBase is a unique system for online gamers built and maintained by online gamers. The system's goal is to be the central communication station for teams (clans) to arrange their wars and play in ladders and competitions.
In 2012, I was put in charge of developing a new version of the intranet based on Drupal with two junior developers. We revamped the front-end and back-end to collect and report financial information, achieving a significant speedup in generating reports for managers.
My primary responsibilities, besides programming, were analyzing undocumented parts and features of an old intranet, preparing the documentation and specifications for junior programmers, code review, and deployment.
Association of Real Estate Owners
For the online store, we created a custom solution based on the commerce module where each product has a different pricing option depending on the membership type. Also, the products are supplied by different vendors so the invoices had to be generated with appropriate vendor billing information in PDF format and delivered via email.
Final School Project Mentorship
Drupal Commerce, Symfony, Zend Framework, Nuxt.js
Drupal API, Vue, jQuery, Vue 2, REST APIs, Vuex
Drupal, Drupal 7, Drupal 8, LAMP, Pantheon, Linux, MacOS, Docker
System Integration, Back-end Development, Back-end, API Integration, APIs, eCommerce, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, Payment APIs, Online Payments, Apache Cassandra, Cordova, Drupal 9, Symphony, GDPR, Data Protection, Joi
Git, PhpStorm, Apache, Bitbucket, Apache HTTP Server, Vue CLI, Keycloak, RabbitMQ, Ansible, Figma, Apache Solr, NGINX, Docker Compose, Drush, GitLab CI/CD, Prisma
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Agile Software Development, DevOps
Redis, MySQL, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Pavol Jozef Šafárik - Košice, Slovakia
The Nuxt 3 Bootcamp - The Complete Developer Guide
Vue - The Complete Guide (incl. Router & Composition API)
High Speed Training