Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Engineer and Software Developer
Ganesh primarily worked as a DevOps engineer with AWS stack and has experience in bare-metal infrastructure as well. He considers himself a budding infrastructure architect and a problem solver in the infrastructure space who worked with startups, SMEs, and enterprises. He's well-versed in Linux infrastructure, containers, and Kubernetes and generally enjoys AWS infrastructure products.
Slack, PyCharm, Docker, Container Orchestration, AWS Cloud Architecture, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on reduced AWS cloud costs by 38% by switching to Spot, auto-instance scheduling, and on-demand compute allocation.
Site Reliability Engineer
- Migrated all the environments, including production, from Kubernetes Operations (Kops) to Amazon EKS. Contributed to setting up Argo CD based GitOps workflows for the entire engineering, moving away from the legacy Bamboo.
- Performed various Kops Kubernetes cluster upgrades to keep the firm in line with PCI DSS compliance.
- Worked as part of the on-call roster for the SRE team, proactively writing and monitoring alerts for golden signals. Set up Prometheus-based monitoring for our new system after the EKS migration to improve visibility.
- Set up AWS Client VPN to secure connections to our databases for internal developers.
- Established PAN data scanning and remediation, keeping the firm in line with our PCI DSS obligations.
Marcato Partners, LLC
- Evaluated Amazon ECS and AWS App Runner side-by-side to run their development workloads.
- Migrated the dev environments from AWS Elastic Beanstalk to Amazon ECS to provide a low-barrier entry to container-based development environments.
- Used a serverless architecture using AWS Fargate and AWS Fargate on Spot to reduce operational overhead.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Set up foundational AWS networking setup with AWS Transit Gateway and site-to-site VPN on FortiGate on-premise. Used this network to spin up the first development clusters on AWS for Risk Ident.
- Performed comprehensive disaster testing for Kubernetes with various scenarios tested before go-live. This was on a bare-metal Kubernetes setup.
- Worked on automating MongoDB backups with PBM and benchmarked compression engines zstd and snappy. Tested various restoration strategies.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Performed a migration to Kubernetes and comprehensive backbone core infrastructure rewrite and rollout with Terraform and Helm. Ported from ECS-based application workloads to EKS.
- Migrated the majority of non-production development workload to Spot instances, resulting in about 27% savings in dev environment costs.
- Migrated all the alarms from CloudWatch alarms to Datadog.
- Conducted AMI patching, credential management, marketing campaign infrastructure traffic scale management, and debugging production performance issues.
- Completed the migration of company-wide application infrastructure to AWS Cloud for Spanish and Polish markets and Yandex in Russia from Heroku and OVH. Contributed to building the infrastructure from the ground up.
- Performed the migration from mLab to Atlas with minimal downtime from mLab to MongoDB Atlas. Carried out a POC on Amazon DocumentDB.
- Worked comprehensively on reducing infrastructure costs, achieving a net reduction of 33%.
- Managed legacy infrastructure, orchestrating chores with Salt, deploying Prometheus using Salt for over 150+ OVH VMs and Salt POC for AWS orchestration, and conducting Terraform provisioning for AWS.
- Contributed to passing various regulatory audits by making the infrastructure secure and meeting all the security, backup, and redundancy requirements.
Senior Software Engineer
- Wrote a Django-based DevOps dashboard to automate and empower businesses to perform day-to-day tasks without DevOps involvement. Wrote helpers and automation in Python and Bash.
- Handled system administration, operations, and infra automation of the whole tech stack (primarily Linux) on AWS. Handled Chef orchestration, Jenkins and Bamboo-based CI/CD, Prometheus and Monit-based monitoring, and Graphite and Grafana-based APM.
- Cut down AWS costs of the firm by around 64% by using Amazon EC2 Reserved Instances, Spot fleets, instance right-sizing, migration to economically viable regions, and scripted purging of unused resources, among other strategies.
- Wrote an AWS Lambda-powered scheduler that controlled a GPU rendering pipeline. This pipeline used Blender to render kitchen and wardrobe models for customers on demand.
- Delivered features and bug fixes for JP Morgan's risk management technology applications Stress and Athena.
- Involved in facilitating the tooling and reporting for JP Morgan's annual Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR).
- Worked with JP Morgan's Athena platform's risk management components, their Python-based trading platform.
Migration from ECS to EKS
Migration from Heroku/Hetzner to AWS/Yandex
Baremetal Kubernetes Operationshttp://riskident.com
Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Terraform, Helm, Amazon EKS, AWS IAM, Ansible, GitHub, GitLab CI/CD, Jenkins, AWS CloudFormation, AWS OpsWorks, AWS CLI, AWS Fargate, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), SaltStack, VPN, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Chef, AWS ELB, Vault, Grafana, Fluentd, Amazon CloudWatch, Beanstalk, NGINX, Apache HTTP Server
DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), Microservices Architecture
Linux, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Docker, AWS Lambda, Windows, DigitalOcean
CI/CD Pipelines, AWS Cloud Architecture, Containers, Linux Administration, Kubernetes Operations (kOps), AWS DevOps, Monorepos, Linux Server Administration, Server Administration, Software Engineering, Amazon RDS, Container Orchestration, Shell Scripting, Prometheus, Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP), Cloud Architecture, Cloud Security, APIs, SysOps, AWS Transit Gateway, Windows System Administration, MySQL DBA, Open Banking APIs, PCI DSS, SOC Compliance, Argo CD, GitOps, Web Development, Karpenter
REST APIs, Terragrunt, React, Node.js
MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, SQL Server DBA, MongoDB, Oracle Cloud, Datadog, Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, Redis
Django, Spring, Laravel
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
Ramaiah Institute of Technology - Bangalore, India