Solutions Architect2018 - 2020Buzzoole
Technologies: Agile Software Development, Git, GitHub, GitFlow, Jira, Slack, PHP, Python, Go, Docker, AWS, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Elasticsearch, Amazon ElastiCache, AWS Kinesis, Amazon ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), AWS ALB, CircleCI, React
- Redesigned the back-end infrastructure of the whole platform—switching from a monolithic application to a microservices-oriented architecture.
- Helped design a whole new series of products by implementing the agile software development principles which included interacting with the management, the development team, and the product team.
- Improved the scalability of the overall architecture leveraging the features of AWS Cloud.
Data Engineer2018 - 2019HELIXA
Technologies: Python, Spark, MongoDB, AWS, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), Git, GitHub, CircleCI, AWS Kinesis, Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose, AWS EMR, Apache Airflow
- Developed an app that downloaded and aggregated data from different various sources (e.g., social networks, websites); It was designed for high scalability on AWS Cloud through the use of Docker, ECS, and EC2 spot instances.
- Managed and was responsible for several ETL jobs using Apache Spark running on AWS EMR.
- Helped the data science team design and plan the execution of automated jobs through Apache Airflow.
Lead Developer2013 - 2018Qurami
- Co-managed the design of Qurami's back-end architecture.
- Established and ensured the thorough adoption of the "GitHub flow" method.
- Created a C#.NET framework-based system that serves as a connector between client machines and Qurami cloud services.
- Developed a small Python-based HTTP long polling service used for exchanging messages within the system.
- Worked on a system-initializer application written in Puppet and Vagrant that was used to clone machines in an efficient manner.
- Created an automated application deployer using Go, Bash, Hubot, and CoffeeScript.
Freelance Software Consultant2008 - 2014GDLab
- Offered consulting services in software development, system architecture, and project management.
- Created a PHP-based framework that integrated Slim, Idiorm, Paris, jQuery, and Bootstrap.
- Worked on many websites using Python or PHP frameworks for local and international clients.
- Worked as a project manager for projects involving more than two people.
- Created system services for Linux machines with Go.
- Developed C# console applications for data backup between machines within a network.
Technical Coordinator2012 - 2013Sailogy
- Built and managed a team of four back-end and front-end developers.
- Managed and was responsible for the system architecture of the entire company.
- Integrated several web services including booking, payments, and boat availability.
- Created a fully functional back-end platform using Python and Django.
- Used Redis to create a cache layer when importing data from external sources (web services).
Software Developer2010 - 2012Arc Worldwide | Leo Burnett
- Worked for many international clients on advertising and branding projects.
- Supported project management and accounting teams.
- Created a reusable platform for managing advertising campaigns that collected user data and managed online and offline contests.
- Rebuilt and managed the server farm for the local area (Linux).
- Encouraged team members to use new or different technologies according to specific needs.
Lead Software Developer2009 - 2010KIUI
- Responsible for presale support for local and foreign markets.
- Worked on social network based applications and mashups, integrating several types of APIs.
- Wrote a large application which combined multiple social network accounts and mobile text messaging in one platform.
- Created complex Python based web applications.
- Managed the server farm (Linux).
Web Developer2008 - 2009Nascar — Triboo Digitale
- Developed applications using PHP-based platforms such as Joomla! and WordPress.
- Created several reusable plugins for data representation.
Software Developer | E-learning Specialist2007 - 2008University of Naples "Parthenope"
- Selected and customized the most reliable and complete e-learning open source platform.
- Supported content creation with web pages.