Solutions Architect2018 - 2020Buzzoole
Technologies: Agile Software Development, Git, GitHub, GitFlow, Jira, Slack, PHP, Python, Go, Docker, AWS, AWS S3, Elasticsearch, AWS ElastiCache, AWS Kinesis, AWS ECS, AWS EC2, AWS ALB, CircleCI, React
- Redesigned the back-end infrastructure of the whole platform—switching from a monolithic application to a microservices-oriented architecture.
- Helped design a whole new series of products by implementing the agile software development principles which included interacting with the management, the development team, and the product team.
- Improved the scalability of the overall architecture leveraging the features of AWS Cloud.
Data Engineer2018 - 2019HELIXA
Technologies: Python, Spark, MongoDB, AWS, AWS S3, AWS ECS, Git, GitHub, CircleCI, AWS Kinesis, AWS FireHose, AWS EMR, Apache Airflow
- Developed an app that downloaded and aggregated data from different various sources (e.g., social networks, websites); It was designed for high scalability on AWS Cloud through the use of Docker, ECS, and EC2 spot instances.
- Managed and was responsible for several ETL jobs using Apache Spark running on AWS EMR.
- Helped the data science team design and plan the execution of automated jobs through Apache Airflow.
Lead Developer2013 - 2018Qurami
- Co-managed the design of Qurami's back-end architecture.
- Established and ensured the thorough adoption of the "GitHub flow" method.
- Created a C#.NET framework-based system that serves as a connector between client machines and Qurami cloud services.
- Developed a small Python-based HTTP long polling service used for exchanging messages within the system.
- Worked on a system-initializer application written in Puppet and Vagrant that was used to clone machines in an efficient manner.
- Created an automated application deployer using Go, Bash, Hubot, and CoffeeScript.
Freelance Software Consultant2008 - 2014GDLab
- Offered consulting services in software development, system architecture, and project management.
- Created a PHP-based framework that integrated Slim, Idiorm, Paris, jQuery, and Bootstrap.
- Worked on many websites using Python or PHP frameworks for local and international clients.
- Worked as a project manager for projects involving more than two people.
- Created system services for Linux machines with Go.
- Developed C# console applications for data backup between machines within a network.
Technical Coordinator2012 - 2013Sailogy
- Built and managed a team of four back-end and front-end developers.
- Managed and was responsible for the system architecture of the entire company.
- Integrated several web services including booking, payments, and boat availability.
- Created a fully functional back-end platform using Python and Django.
- Used Redis to create a cache layer when importing data from external sources (web services).
Software Developer2010 - 2012Arc Worldwide | Leo Burnett
- Worked for many international clients on advertising and branding projects.
- Supported project management and accounting teams.
- Created a reusable platform for managing advertising campaigns that collected user data and managed online and offline contests.
- Rebuilt and managed the server farm for the local area (Linux).
- Encouraged team members to use new or different technologies according to specific needs.
Lead Software Developer2009 - 2010KIUI
- Responsible for presale support for local and foreign markets.
- Worked on social network based applications and mashups, integrating several types of APIs.
- Wrote a large application which combined multiple social network accounts and mobile text messaging in one platform.
- Created complex Python based web applications.
- Managed the server farm (Linux).
Web Developer2008 - 2009Nascar — Triboo Digitale
- Developed applications using PHP-based platforms such as Joomla! and WordPress.
- Created several reusable plugins for data representation.
Software Developer | E-learning Specialist2007 - 2008University of Naples "Parthenope"
- Selected and customized the most reliable and complete e-learning open source platform.
- Supported content creation with web pages.