Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Scientist and Developer
Giovanni is passionate about data analysis with Python and machine learning. As a data scientist in one of the leading Dutch banks, he developed banking and credit risk models. Giovanni has built models to predict client behavior during a crisis, defined business strategies, attended investor meetings, and measured the validity of credit risk models used in banking, such as AIRB and IFRS9. Giovanni develops trading bots on cryptocurrency and sports betting markets in his free time.
Windows, PyCharm, Excel 365, Azure, Python
The most amazing...
...tool I've created is a bot that collects data from different sports betting websites through APIs to find and take advantage of arbitrage opportunities.
Full-stack Python Developer
- Reviewed client code and implemented necessary improvements, as a full-stack Python developer with machine learning skills for an MVP.
- Built prediction model for football games, reviewed and optimized its performances using machine learning techniques.
- Built an interactive dashboard to show predictions of the model on a given game.
Pippenger & Some Inc.
- Reviewed best data providers to download financial data. Connected to provider API service and downloaded the last 20 years' financial market data from the major US stock exchanges.
- Developed and tested the client's trading strategy on historical data, as an engineer with experience in financial and trading web scraping.
- Developed an automated trading bot that connects to the Interactive Brokers trading platform.
- Deployed an automated trading bot on the cloud with daily updates sent to the client through Telegram.
- Performed and developed statistical tests to measure the performances and validity of various credit risk models used in the bank (AIRB and IFRS9 models).
- Wrote the yearly monitoring report used for capital budgeting for several credit risk models.
- Developed a new dashboard to automate the creation of reports, saving the team 60% of the time to create such reports.
- Designed and coded statistical tests for the internal Python credit model library.
- Performed exploratory data analysis on the behavior of customers during the corona crisis. Developed a machine learning model to predict clients' behavior during a crisis.
- Created a website where I taught the matched betting method and provided useful tools for its application in the Netherlands.
- Promoted a premium subscription service through digital media, affiliate marketing program, and SEO, resulting in 100+ subscriptions.
- Placed affiliate links on the website to four different websites.
Marketing and Business Strategy Intern
- Performed a market analysis, competitors analysis, and customer survey.
- Combined the information gathered to create the current market entry strategy of the company.
- Assisted in defining the company's business strategy and attended investors' meetings.
High Frequency Arbitrage Bothttps://github.com/giovannibiondaro/youngplatform_api
The link provided includes only the API wrapper I wrote for one of the exchanges.
Python, Python 3, SQL, C, C++
Pandas, REST APIs, Python Asyncio, Python API
Git, PyCharm, Google Sheets, MATLAB, Google Analytics
Coding, Physics, Complex Problem Solving, Credit Risk, Model Validation, Data Analysis, Fantasy Sports, Gambling, Algorithmic Trading, Backtesting Trading Strategies, Data Analytics, Bots, Office 365, Advanced Physics, Physics Simulations, Finance, Startups, Project Planning, Business Planning, Agile DevOps, Excel 365, Data Visualization, Time Series Analysis, Trading, Web Scraping, APIs, API Integration, Global Banking, Cryptocurrency, Machine Learning, Web Marketing, SEO Marketing, WordPress Plugins, Affiliate Programs, Social Media Marketing (SMM), Data Engineering, Stock Trading
Data Science, B2B
Windows, WordPress, Jupyter Notebook, Azure, Dataiku, Buy Me a Coffee
Master's Degree in Physics and Science-based Business
Leiden University - Leiden, The Netherlands
Bachelor's Degree in Physics
University of Trento - Trento, Italy
Financial Risk and Regulation
Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)