Verified Expert in Engineering
Giuseppe is an expert full-stack developer with experience in enterprise resource planning (ERP), network inventory and provisioning, eCommerce systems, and professional social networks. He is a dedicated and efficient developer and a great communicator.
GitHub, Vim Text Editor, Linux
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a neural network for a handwritten digit recognition system.
- Developed back-end features in Ruby and Elixir.
- Worked on an Elixir app to manage the websocket component for real-time notifications.
- Worked within a Scrum workflow using GitHub and peer review for code versioning and quality assurance.
- Developed an eCommerce site in Ruby on Rails.
- Created the back-end for BuyWearShare Marketplace for women's fashion.
- Developed and supported various pivotal CloudFoundry services (RabbitMQ, Redis, Cassandra) and worked on the RabbitMQ codebase (Erlang), tutorials, and documentation.
- Created a game monetization platform for iOS/Android in Ruby on Rails. Integrated payment gateways and a BI database.
IFAD (United Nations)
- Developed a CRM system to manage meetings and people belonging to the International Fund for Agricultural Development. .
- Developed a sales forecasting application.
- Created an ActiveRecord adapter for a Teradata DB.
- Added multi-tenancy support to the existing application.
- Provided Linux (Red Hat) system administration.
- Mentored junior developers.
- Developed several eCommerce sites with Spree Commerce.
- Integrated with a payment gateway by Unicredit (PagOnline) with Ruby on Rails.
- Developed a company website: http://www.rsaweb.com.
- Developed two gems for spreecommerce.com: spree_delayed_job, spree_slider.
- Designed and developed customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Designed and developed an application to manage the production process of a company in the cartridge recycling business.
- Contributed to the design, development, integration, installation, and maintenance of OSS systems for various companies worldwide, including Vodafone (Italy), TOnline (France), Israeli Air Force, Bell Mobility (Canada), Equant (France), Telkomsel (Indonesia), and the Defense Information System Agency DOD (USA).
Advanced Network Solutions, Milan, Italy
- Designed and developed NetIP (Network Inventory and Provisioning) for Vodafone and HP.
Sistemi Informativi (an IBM Company), Palermo, Italy
- Developed the SUAP Intranet/Internet application. SUAP is used by various municipalities for the management of the authorizations to be provided during the companies and factories life cycle.
- Consulted at the Italian Ministry of Defense in Rome during the design/development phases of the SIAC project, a system for military spare parts identification and coding.
- Designed and developed the Business Intelligence System (OLAP).
Database Sicilia, Palermo, Italy
- Designed and developed SDO, a software package for the Case Sheet management for hospitals.
- Managed installation and HelpDesk of GESBANK, a Banking Management System.
- Developed the SIFBAN (front-office banking) system inside a multi-companies team (Olivetti, Andersen Consulting, SicilCassa). The project was developed on a client-server architecture using the C and Cobol programming languages on Multitask/Transactional operating systems (Ms-Dos, IBM MVS). Use of MicroFocus Cobol and of Microsoft C on a MS-DOS platform.
- Built a C-Scape graphic library.
- Conducted computer-based training.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Sinatra, ASP, Apache Struts
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Functional Programming, Test-driven Development (TDD), Behavior-driven Development (BDD)
Spree Commerce, IIS, Web Services, C-treeACE
Windows API, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), jQuery
Eclipse IDE, Git, Microsoft Access, Java Application Servers, Apache Tomcat, Spree, Vim Text Editor, GitHub, RabbitMQ
Windows, Linux, Oracle, Unix, Eclipse
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Sybase
Functional Programming Principles in Scala
Stanford University | via Coursera
Stanford University | via Coursera