- Front-end Software Engineer2015 - PRESENTTidepool
Technologies: React, Redux, Node.js, Mocha
- Introduced new testing suite to provide 90% coverage across React components and state management modules. Prior to this there was no automated testing suite.
- Main person responsible for migrating state management from bespoke implementation to Redux whilst adhering to strong testing principles. Resulted in more modular and consistent source code which conforms to Redux patterns.
- Built UI components for powering the D3 heavy visual/interactive.
- Introduced BDD to the team at Tidepool and the use of Cucumber.js to integrate feature development with measurable ways of confirming feature completeness and sound functionality.
- Main person responsible for migrating from Director based routing to React Router.
- CTO & Co-founder2014 - PRESENTWorkshape.io
Technologies: AngularJS, Node.js, D3.js, RabbitMQ, RethinkDB, Nginx
- Built initial prototype and MVP (a basic RESTful API and Single Page Application).
- Created updated RESTful API for powering Single Page Application.
- Managed and architected server infrastructure using Ansible.
- Created an interactive visual component as an AngularJS directive powered by D3.js. It is a fully interactive radar plot that is used as a form of input and display on the site.
- Built an ORM for simplifying interactions with the persistance layer and adding a form of schema validation prior to inserts and updates.
- Software Engineer2014 - 2015On Track Retail
Technologies: Scala, Java, Ansible, MySQL, RabbitMQ
- Created a micro-service for validating issuance of train tickets for a national UK train ticketing service.
- Wrote a suite of tests for verifying correct behavior in line with requirements of specification.
- Created a micro-service for accounting daily value of all tickets issued by machines in the train ticketing system.
- Worked with a team 4 adopting a Sprint workflow with 10 day cycles.
- Assisted in setting up RabbitMQ for decoupling various aspects of the system.
- Software Engineer2011 - 2014BraveNewTalent
- Built a recommendation system for suggesting topics to follow to users of the website.
- Assisted in migrating from MySQL to PostgreSQL.
- Part of the team that migrated the platform from a PHP stack to a Python stack.
- Promoted to Lead Engineer in 2014 and helped hire development team in San Francisco when company moved from London.
- Built internal analytics platform for KPI tracking.