Gordon Murray Dent
Member since April 19, 2015
Front-end Software Engineer2015 - PRESENTTidepool
Technologies: React, Redux, Node.js, Mocha
- Introduced a new testing suite to provide 90% coverage across React components and state management modules. Prior to this, there was no automated testing suite.
- Led the migration of state management from bespoke implementation to Redux while adhering to strong testing principles, which resulted in more modular and consistent source code which conforms to Redux patterns.
- Built UI components for powering the D3-heavy visual/interactive.
- Introduced BDD to the team at Tidepool and the use of Cucumber.js to integrate feature development with measurable ways of confirming feature completeness and sound functionality.
- Spearheaded the migration from Director-based routing to React Router.
CTO & Co-founder2014 - PRESENTFreelance Web Service
Technologies: AngularJS, Node.js, D3.js, RabbitMQ, RethinkDB, Nginx
- Built the initial prototype and MVP (a basic RESTful API and single-page app).
- Created an updated RESTful API for powering the single-page app.
- Managed and architected server infrastructure using Ansible.
- Created an interactive visual component as an AngularJS directive powered by D3.js. It is a fully interactive radar plot that is used as a form of input and display on the site.
- Built an ORM for simplifying interactions with the persistance layer and adding a form of schema validation prior to inserts and updates.
Software Engineer2014 - 2015On Track Retail
Technologies: Scala, Java, Ansible, MySQL, RabbitMQ
- Created a microservice for validating issuance of train tickets for a national UK train ticketing service.
- Wrote a suite of tests for verifying correct behavior in line with requirements of the specification.
- Created a microservice for accounting the daily value of all tickets issued by machines in the train ticketing system.
- Worked with a team for adopting a Sprint workflow with ten-day cycles.
- Assisted in setting up RabbitMQ for decoupling various aspects of the system.
Software Engineer2011 - 2014BraveNewTalent
- Built a recommendation system for suggesting topics to follow for users of the website.
- Assisted in migrating from MySQL to PostgreSQL.
- Part of the team that migrated the platform from a PHP stack to a Python stack.
- Promoted to lead engineer in 2014 and helped hire development team in San Francisco when the company moved from London.
- Built an internal analytics platform for KPI tracking.
- NG-Dial (Development)https://github.com/GordyD/ng-dial
An interactive dial directive for AngularJS.
- ReQL CLI (Development)https://github.com/Workshape/reql-cli
A ReQL command line interface written in ES6.
- Freelance Web Service (Development)
A talent matching service for developers. We built a platform to help developers seeking new opportunities find work based on how they want to spend their time.
Libraries/APIsNode.js, D3.js, React
ToolsSublime Text 3, Gulp.js, Git, RabbitMQ, Shell, Ansible, Webpack
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Functional Programming
StorageRethinkDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Master of Science degree in Applied Artificial Intelligence2006 - 2007University of Exeter - Exeter, United Kingdom
- Bachelor of Science degree in Compuer Science2002 - 2005University of Exeter - Exeter, United Kingdom