- Senior Integration Engineer2008 - PRESENTComputer Sciences Corporation
- Designed global standards for ETL integration.
- Created an ETL code generation tool in C# to generate code according to said standards.
- Created stored procedures, tables, views, and triggers in MS SQL 2005/2008, T-SQL.
- Developed SSIS/BIDS ETL processes, including Visual Basic scripting.
- Performed process workflow automation in BMC Atrium Orchestrator (XML- and XSLT-driven workflow engine).
- Contractor2007 - 2008Ince Pty Ltd
- Developed a Procurement Management System (PMS) over the span of just 2.5 months.
- Included integration with Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, Microsoft Outlook WebDAV (for reading E-mails), and CDO (for sending E-mails).
- Senior Software Engineer2000 - 2007UCS Software
- Held wide range of responsibilities included requirement analysis, design, coding, task allocation, technical project management, consultation, and mentorship.
- Development of the Retail Application Framework (RAF) used as the basis for all development.
- Developed various business objects and user interfaces written in the technologies listed below for the ActiveRetail Enterprise application (used to coordinate Head Office and Branch Back Office with POS).
- Handled implementation of data distribution, data synchronization and external application integration.
- Contractor1998 - 2000Brian Hattingh Group
Technologies: C++, Informix SQL/ESQL
- Involved in development of Hydac 4 application entailing an extensive Microsoft Visual C++ (graphical) user interface for capturing and manipulating data groups related to water-level measurements captured on a digitizing table.
- Gained an additional year of Informix SQL/ESQL programming on the Win95 platform and C++ development.
- Improved maintainability and reduced code duplication by wrapping procedural code and structures within C++ classes for improved re-use and better organization and robustness.
- Inherited a stack of exception and bug reports, which were eliminated in-full.
- Specialist Programmer1991 - 1998Denel
Technologies: Borland and Microsoft C/C++, Pascal, 8086 Assembler
- Held responsibility over analysis, design, development, and implementation of information systems, which included the use of Borland C, Borland C++, Microsoft C and Microsoft Visual C++, Pascal and “80x86” Assembler.
- Handled development and maintenance of a PC security system (initially DOS then OS/2 and Windows platform) used throughout the South African Defence Force (SADF).
- Redesigned the military EKKA (Personnel Vetting System) together to functional specification.
- Developed an inter-PC and Mainframe communication system for the transfer and encryption of data using public key technology, and self-implementations of RSA (Rivest-Shamir-Adleman) and Triple-DES encryption.
- Received “Solum Optimum Est Optimum” Award for high performance, in particular writing cures for the complex DAME and TREMOR self-encrypting computer viruses, with solutions written in a combination of C, Pascal, and “80x86” assembler and involving the running of a CPU in single-step mode during decryption process.