Verified Expert in Engineering
Since 2006, Hayk's been working as a full-stack developer with a myriad of tech and languages. Currently, his forte is HTML5 Canvas for front-end wizardry and Node.js for back-end magic. He also has a creative background—an appreciation for design which allows him to execute layouts down to the pixel. Hayk's also worked as a senior QA engineer which helps him think about testing as a fundamental part of the development process.
Tmux, Cmder, Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linux, Windows
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is an HTML5 Canvas-based proprietary rendering engine for displaying student scheduled paths across several years.
Member of Technical Staff
- Developed the vRealize Operations Cloud.
Senior Full-stack Developer
Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
- Developed a proprietary HTML5 Canvas rendering engine for student schedules.
- Created an unattended NW.js application to display workshop schedules on a large display that ran continuously for months on end.
- Built Node.js module with C++ to stream skeleton data from Microsoft Xbox 360 Kinect devices.
- Spearheaded beginner programming workshops and assisted advanced level programming workshops for teenagers.
- Produced web development and programming learning content for teenagers.
Web Developer | Production Assistant
- Built custom Flash and HTML microsites for Citroën UK—notably for a GQ concept and an Orla Kiely designed DS3.
- Created Facebook tabs and applications for managing promotional materials for Citroën UK.
- Produced extensive technical briefs for local outsourced developers.
- Liaised between Citroën UK and third party advertising partners and developers.
CNRS: LATMOS (Service d'Aéronomie)
- Built micro-applications with PHP to expose scientific data via a lightweight API.
- Maintained existing microsites built by previous developers.
Senior QA (Games) Tester
SEGA of Europe
- Wrote concise and instructive defect reports for various games for developers from the USA to Australia.
- Assisted language and standards testing teams with reproducing and documenting defects.
- Proofread and edited game manuals which had to adhere to strict standards set by Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft.
In that game, I created a tiny particle system to control the fireflies so that they could be used to indicate gameplay elements.
I decided to open-source the Firefly code by rewriting it, i.e., adding more configurable options and improving it along the way.
A demo of the actual code attached can be found at haykokoryun.github.io/fireflies/
and the GitHub repository is at github.com/HaykoKoryun/fireflies.
PixiJS, Hapi.js, Express.js, Yii 2, Vuetify, Ext JS
HTML5 Canvas, Vue, Node.js, NW.js, WebGL, Socket.IO, Vue 2, Cmder, Polymer
Docker Compose, Mocha, Git, PhpStorm, Blender, Photoshop CC, Flash, Google Sheets, Tmux, Mantis Bug Tracker, Adobe Illustrator, GitHub
Kubernetes, Docker, WordPress, Linux, Windows, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Raspberry Pi
Containerization, Quality Assurance (QA), Facebook
2:1 Bachelor of Science Degree with Honors in Computer Science with Games Technology
City University - London, UK