Senior Full-stack Engineer2019 - 2021Fan Time
Technologies: PHP, Laravel, MySQL, AngularJS, React, Redis, Redis Queue, Redis Cache, GitHub, REST, Testing, Databases, Database Design, Relational Databases, AWS, LAMP, Apache, Linux, CSS, HTML, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Full-stack, APIs, Back-end, Data Structures, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST APIs
- Developed new features for a social media platform connecting over 300,000 active fans with creators.
- Leveraged PHP 7+ using Laravel, MySQL, and Redis to build robust Restful APIs in the back end. Leveraged AngularJS and SASS for the front end.
- Implemented features like direct messaging, notifications, multimedia uploads, media encoding and watermarking, profile content posting and liking along with deep nested commenting, reporting, purchase of digital assets, automated messaging system.
- Dealt with ambiguity in business requirements and actively contributed in defining the product.
- Migrated all styling from Less to SASS preprocessor.
- Implemented web automation scripts using Cypress.io.
Senior Engineer II2017 - 2019Nordstrom Rack | Hautelook
- Developed and maintained different aspects of an eCommerce API that gives millions of customers an enjoyable online shopping experience.
- Built an asynchronous data processing pipeline to gracefully migrate terabytes of data over to downstream systems.
- Constructed interactive web tools for the product department to manage different flows (formats) of inventory.
- Composed scripts using Apache Spark to analyze our big data log and create a report on cyberattack incidents.
Senior Web Engineer2015 - 2017Beachbody, LLC
- Built a mobile reporting platform for over 400,000 multilevel marketing agents (coaches) that actively use it every day to track their orders and the progress of their downlines.
- Upgraded a data ingesting pipeline to provide a REST API instead of a processing file from AWS S3.
- Refactored PHP code to the DRY principle. Switch from Symfony Controller-per-report to one controller that dispatches specific reports based on type.
- Refactored MySQL queries and added proper indices for efficient querying.
- Helped upgrade the dev environment from Vagrant to Docker Compose.
- Designed a recognition engine using the Node.js stack and Lambda processing to feed personalized data to each coach.